The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

How easy is it to transfer to Kingston?

On behalf of my friend, she ideally would like to transfer right now but I doubt that this would at all be possible, right?! So I was just wondering how easy it is to transfer into the second year say even if your modules don't match completely.

Just a little note - she is currently attending a Russell Group uni but doesn't enjoy her course whatsoever.
The best thing to do is to contact the university directly and take an offical answer from them.
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Believe it or not it can be easy but the deciding factors are on the course she is doing and what course she would like to do..

I transferred from Greenwich Uni to the Second year at Kingston Uni. This is possible if modules are similar, but if your changing course completely then you would probably have to start from scratch. The other alternative that Kingston used to do but not sure now is a foundation year at the college close by. Kingston College. Once the foundation year is covered then you can join Kingston Uni.

I completed a HND at Greenwich after which I jumped onto the second year at Kingston Uni. I had the option of going straight to the final year but I wanted to have the work experience they offer and also enjoy the uni life.

As the post previous the best thing to do is contact the Uni, I found it easy so I hope your friend does also.!;-)..
Reply 3
My friend transferred to the second year at Kingston this year - luckily some of her modules matched up but not all as she transferred from Dance at York St John to Dance and Drama at Kingston
Reply 4
Original post by iqbal_harry
Believe it or not it can be easy but the deciding factors are on the course she is doing and what course she would like to do..

I transferred from Greenwich Uni to the Second year at Kingston Uni. This is possible if modules are similar, but if your changing course completely then you would probably have to start from scratch. The other alternative that Kingston used to do but not sure now is a foundation year at the college close by. Kingston College. Once the foundation year is covered then you can join Kingston Uni.

I completed a HND at Greenwich after which I jumped onto the second year at Kingston Uni. I had the option of going straight to the final year but I wanted to have the work experience they offer and also enjoy the uni life.

As the post previous the best thing to do is contact the Uni, I found it easy so I hope your friend does also.!;-)..

OMG! iqbal_harry, im at greenwich at the moment and i want to transfer to kingston. im studying chemistry at medway... wat did you study?
im sick of that place, could you tell me how u transferred?
thanks so much. :smile:
Reply 5
Hi, are you still at medway , is the chemistry course that bad . i was thinking of going in clearing . any info would help thanks
Original post by iqbal_harry

hey man i am going greenwich rn and i am doing a foundation year .i also want to go to kingston exact same as you. what should i do where do i start.
Original post by muna05
OMG! iqbal_harry, im at greenwich at the moment and i want to transfer to kingston. im studying chemistry at medway... wat did you study?
im sick of that place, could you tell me how u transferred?
thanks so much. :smile:

did you change i am also in the same uni trying to get into the same uni as you. how did you do it if you have ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending