The Student Room Group

History of Art 2012

Anyone else here applying for a degree in History of Art for 2012?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yes! i am! gosh i've been looking around for a history of art thread everywhere here!
have you sent in your app yet? where are you hoping to go? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by heleneivy
yes! i am! gosh i've been looking around for a history of art thread everywhere here!
have you sent in your app yet? where are you hoping to go? :smile:

Same, so I thought I'd start one! :biggrin:

I have sent in my application now, I'm applying to:

University of Reading
University of Nottingham
University of Leeds
University of York
University of Birmingham

I'm hoping to get into Leeds, although there is an interview so I'm a little more worried about that!

I wanted to apply to Bristol but their requirement grades are too high. :frown:

You?
me too me too!
st martins (criticism, communication and curation)
soas (europe+asia/africa)
le courtauld
goldsmiths
and st martins fashion history

ahhhhhhhhh im so scaaaaaared... applying this week (its not late right) also maybe its a good sign that we couldnt find a thread on history of art anywhere, maybe less people applying... MORE SPACES FOR US (12% less people applying anyway right? and like lots more people not doing arty stuff so yayayayay)
Reply 4
Original post by fizzwizz
Same, so I thought I'd start one! :biggrin:

I have sent in my application now, I'm applying to:

University of Reading
University of Nottingham
University of Leeds
University of York
University of Birmingham

I'm hoping to get into Leeds, although there is an interview so I'm a little more worried about that!

I wanted to apply to Bristol but their requirement grades are too high. :frown:

You?

i've applied to:
nottingham - just got an offer today! eeee!
ucl
warwick
kent
st. andrews (the dream)

good luck everyone! the wait is so scary!
yaaaay, finally a HoA thread...

i've applied to...

Oxford (dreaming haha)
Glasgow - got an offer for ABB
Sussex
Warwick
Leeds

wishing everyone the best of luck! :smile:
Reply 6
Hiya :smile:

I'm also applying for history of art - so glad i've found some other people to talk to about it cus I know absolutely no-one who is applying for it apart from me!

Application went a last tuesday and I haven't head a peep! Convinced myself entirely that I'll be receiving 5 rejections any time soon haha! I've applied for UCL, goldsmiths, courtauld, st martins and brighton! Dont have a clue when any of them are going to get back to me, hopefully soon before i have a mental breakdown :frown:
Reply 7
Got an offer from Nottingham! :smile: Apart from that no offers for weeks, which is reeeeaaaalllly stressful! Literally check UCAS Track three times a day just in case! :P

Original post by laurenisobel
yaaaay, finally a HoA thread...

i've applied to...

Oxford (dreaming haha)
Glasgow - got an offer for ABB
Sussex
Warwick
Leeds

wishing everyone the best of luck! :smile:

laurenisobel, post here if you get an interview date from Leeds, we might get the same day! :smile:
Reply 8
I am! :smile:

History of Art at:
UCL - with Scandinavian Studies
UCL - straight HoA
Courtauld
Glasgow
York

I'm still writing my ps so I'm a bit worried!
banned
(edited 12 years ago)
banned
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by fizzwizz
Got an offer from Nottingham! :smile: Apart from that no offers for weeks, which is reeeeaaaalllly stressful! Literally check UCAS Track three times a day just in case! :P

laurenisobel, post here if you get an interview date from Leeds, we might get the same day! :smile:

wooo! got an offer from Sussex - A*BB or AAB...definitely considering this uni! and yes i'll let you know if i'm given an interview. wishing you the best of luck!:smile:
Reply 12
Original post by thestudentraum

criticism communication curation?

heeey im applying to like the same places!! (apart from ucl and brighton)

ahh awesome! yeah im applying to CCC at St. Martins :smile: it was a completely last minute decision to apply there, i've tailored my personal statement around history of art so i was a bit like will they actually be interested considering its a different course name? but tried not to let that put me off :/ did you feel like that too or is it just me? haha :smile:

have you heard anything from goldsmiths or courtauld or st martins? i havent heard a thing! :frown:
banned
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 14

my stupid teacher hasnt even done my reference yet ah!!!!!! im applying this week though the latest hopefully lolz

and yes i felt like that too kind of but dont worry http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J0gJarwh4E obvz there are no other courses called curation criticism etc (unless its like an ma) so all of the people who are applying will have history of art personal statements anyway!!

omg ahh i dont want to apply to goldsmiths i would hate it its full of gro people... i think i might change it to nottingham or glasgow? all the other places im applying to are in london... #decisions

did you get your courtauld questionnare thing yet? (i didnt even apply yet so) omg i hope im not too late... lolz

ahhh i got my offer from goldsmiths tonight! it was like my 2nd favourite place so im really happy :smile: how comes you wanna change?

well thats put my mind at ease about the CCC situation with my personal statement.. hopefully they'll want me!! haha

i havent had my courtauld questionnaire yet no, so i dont think you're too late to apply, the deadline is january so theoretically you have ages :smile:
Reply 15
what subjects do you guys do+predictions? i do german, philosophy and english, predicted aab

i'm doing the irish leaving cert so i do 7 subjects: english, irish, maths, french, art, biology and history. as for my prediction grades - i really don't know (which is slightly worrying) but the guidance counsellor at my school doesn't like to show/tell us so i have my fingers crossed that what i got is enough :/
banned
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 17
so how do you know where you can apply... weeeiirrd!! tell us if u get an offer!!

i know, that's the problem! so far though i've gotten an offer from nottingham (aabbb - all of which at higher level :smile:) so that would be abb-aac, i think, which isn't too bad, is it? :colondollar:
banned
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 19
abb-aac is a good insurance offer!! and plus at least youve applied ahh my form tutor is taking so long to do my referance!!!! :angry:

but maybe it just means that its going to be extra good? :wink: no but maybe you should try talking to him/her. ask him/her to hurry up with it?

Quick Reply

Latest