The Student Room Group

smiley faces and guys

So I was out of work a couple of days ago. Left a note for my cover. A supply cover. Happens to be some guy I met briefly a few days previously. Was friendly enough.

He did my work whilst I was away and left a note telling me how the day went.
He wrote his full name and then a smiley face.
Why do people leave smiley faces? Is this the blame of msn? just friendly because they are foriegn therefore friendly? Or am I just a misery guts thinking this is weird.
He is just being friendly. Might be because he is foreign so wants to be polite to English people so it doesn't look bad on his home country? Who knows.

Either way, you are reading too much into this. You know that this is a silly question because you created another account just to ask it.
It was a smiley face..that is all.
Reply 3
Lol you're getting worked up over an emoticon? :facepalm:
Reply 4
Original post by SugarPuffs
Lol you're getting worked up over an emoticon? :facepalm:

I don't like them.
I don't know whats worse, flip flops(espically on guys) or msn emotions that have moved into the real world.
Reply 5
Original post by deadroses
I don't like them.
I don't know whats worse, flip flops(espically on guys) or msn emotions that have moved into the real world.

What's bad about guys wearing flip flops and using msn emoticons in real life? :lolwut:
Reply 6
I don't like them.

Do you have a soul?

I like drawing faces on things and have done that since before MSN even existed. Don't be so miserable! It's just friendly.
Reply 7
Original post by alawhisp
Do you have a soul?

I like drawing faces on things and have done that since before MSN even existed. Don't be so miserable! It's just friendly.

:yy: There you go OP, you're miserable apparently :mmm:
Reply 8
What's bad about guys wearing flip flops and using msn emoticons in real life? :lolwut:

Well girls or guys but guys especailly for me. Maybe it's feet. Nasty things they are. Useful for walking, yes. But ugly things.
Flipflips- all I see are nasty toenails and hairy toes. nonononono and no.
msn I think is a wonderful thing but I don't need to see smiley faces here there and everywhere. A real smile, great. but why on a sheet of paper or elsewhere. again nononono.

I'm a miserable so and so. I know.

get a life..me...get a life...

(I shall read that line to myself 4500000000 before i sleep).
Reply 9
Do you have a soul?

I'm miserable.
I have no soul. Or if i do, it's frozen.
Reply 10
:yy: There you go OP, you're miserable apparently :mmm:

Yeah thanks I saw it, but thanks for pointing it out AGAIN!
I'm miserable.

Goth/Emo?
Reply 12
I would probably have done the same. Just being friendly
Reply 13
Goth/Emo?

Neither. I'm me.
Reply 14
Original post by Kage
I would probably have done the same. Just being friendly

I'm friendly. Really I am.
Maybe not enough. Maybe I should try harder.

But i tried to click on the smles on the side just now to prove this point but my hand/arm refused to move across the screen to click on them.
Infact a voice inside my head said 'Don't you dare'
Reply 15
I'm miserable.

Put yourself in the oven, it'll warm you up.

I'm friendly. Really I am.
Maybe not enough. Maybe I should try harder.

But i tried to click on the smles on the side just now to prove this point but my hand/arm refused to move across the screen to click on them.
Infact a voice inside my head said 'Don't you dare'

Ease yourself in.. Try a :smile:
Reply 16
Put yourself in the oven, it'll warm you up.

Ease yourself in.. Try a :smile:

I thought about it. It gave me a headache. It's not going to happen.

I'm anti emotions.

I can write nice things though. I think that's more important. Makes people feel special. Everyone wants to feel special. If its genuine. Well perhaps some don't mind if its fake.But, I can not do fake.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending