The Student Room Group

How to stop getting erections so easily

I'm 20 and there is this girl I like and every time I hold hands with her or hug her, I get an erection. It's so embarrassing because I don't back my waist away quickly enough and I know she notices. I don't want her thinking that all I think about is sex because I would like a relationship with her but this is embarrassing. If we're walking or talking or something, I'm fine, but if she hugs me or holds my hand for something or whatever, I get turned on and I don't have time to "tuck it away".

What should I do in this kind of situation?

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

nerves, lose your virginity and u will calm down,
Reply 2
think of spongebob instead?

You're sick if you get a erection over that (Y)
Reply 3
Wow. You're going to explode if she tries to kiss you.

Um, just focus on other things.. And keep yourself calm, which may be hard (pun intended), but it might help.
(edited 12 years ago)
or just have sex
fun and calms u down
simple and best answer
Pretend its Susan Boyle you're holding hands with. Your erection will definitely die down.
Reply 6
chemical castration?
before u even meet up with her.. pull up ur dick and put it under your belt and it will get squished... when it rages it will strangled under your waist . Protip
Reply 8
Original post by killa78
think of spongebob instead?

You're sick if you get a erection over that (Y)

A soft sponge with lots of holes. :rolleyes:

U mad bro? :laugh:
Reply 9
Just think of something disgusting.
Original post by claret_n_blue
I'm 20 and there is this girl I like and every time I hold hands with her or hug her, I get an erection. It's so embarrassing because I don't back my waist away quickly enough and I know she notices. I don't want her thinking that all I think about is sex because I would like a relationship with her but this is embarrassing. If we're walking or talking or something, I'm fine, but if she hugs me or holds my hand for something or whatever, I get turned on and I don't have time to "tuck it away".

What should I do in this kind of situation?

Thanks

This is more common than you think. First of all, you're probably genuinely horny and it's common for most guys to get 'unwanted' erections. Secondly, a part of you probably goes through a thought process to the effect of 'holding hands leads to hugging, hugging leads to cuddling, cuddling leads to touching/playing and so on'. Lastly, she may find it weird at first but if she's attracted to you, physically at least, she may actually enjoy knowing that you find her sexually attractive. If she's constantly like 'ewwww' then she either doesn't really like you or she's an immature moron.

As to how to solve this 'problem'... It's not easy because you're essentially fighting against your own body, urges and perhaps instincts here but a lot of it happens in your head. Try doing things that your mind can focus on like counting backwards in 17's from 100 or try to do the alphabet backwards, things like that require the full power of my little brain so it usually works. If not then be an opportunist (no don't rub it against her), find a perfect moment to just turn your body away and quickly reach down and pull it up or wherever you prefer to 'hide' them.
Reply 11
Have this picture on your phone...and look at it everytime you have an erection.
Reply 13
She wont mind I had this problem and still do and it was embarrassing a first, its not like its something you can control, she should take it as a compliment.
I find that this is relevant...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLnWf1sQkjY
Just think of this picture:
Original post by The Fez
Have this picture on your phone...and look at it everytime you have an erection.

Now that is just unpleasant.
Original post by Agent Smirnoff
A soft sponge with lots of holes. :rolleyes:

U mad bro? :laugh:

aww your avatar is soo cutee :smile:
Reply 18
Tuck it under your waistband.
Reply 19
Is it normal that I got an erection reading this thread?! :|
I didn't click any of the images! Haha!!

Latest