The Student Room Group

Help us to help you!

So you're applying for medicine/dentistry/vet sci (delete as appropriate).

You have an interview coming up and would like some hints and tips to help you feel more confident. No problem.

1. First read around the forum. It is a wealth of knowledge and you may well find the answer to your question without having to post a new thread.

2. If you do post a question, give us your opinion first! People are very unwilling to just give you the answers when it seems like you haven't bothered to do any of the research. The internet is the biggest library in the world, you've made it this far so you can obviously use a computer. Search engines are your friend!

Example of a wally: Can anyone tell me why i should do medicine and not nursing?
Possible Answer: No. And you probably shouldn't do nursing either as the vast majority of people doing it know roughly why they are there.

Example of someone a bit more sensible: Can anyone think of any other reasons why nursing could be chosen over medicine? I think that nurses are becoming more autonomous and traditional roles usually done by doctors are being done by nurses such as diagnosis, limited prescribing etc.
Possible Answer:You sound like you have a good basis for answering the question, how about thinking about......

People can be really helpful here, if they see that you are willing to do some of the work for yourself. You won't be able to copy people's ideas if you get in y'know :wink:.

Latest