The Student Room Group

Greenpeace accused of plotting nuclear disaster

Vlissingen -
Greenpeace activists have dug a pit under the rails of the train that nuclear waste from France to Borssele would bring. The activists were disturbed and ran away. This has been spared a disaster Netherlands.

The action took place in the yard at Vlissingen-Oost Sloe, where multiple adjacent tracks. When the men were disturbed during their clandestine work, they beat on the run and knew from the hands of the police to remain alarmed.

The incident was kept secret by the police, who Tuesday evening a comprehensive press statement put out that said that "during nuclear transport has no significant incidents have occurred. The National Police Agency said that the report of the 'Count action "expressed by the office not been brought out.

Following the reports in The Guardian, Greenpeace gives a press conference at 11.00.
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
So they try to campaign for an end to nuclear waste... by themselves creating a potential nuclear disaster?

Wow. Such logic. Visionaries, the lot of them!
Reply 2
Original post by T-ros
Basically they tried to dig a hole beneath the rails of a train carrying nuclear waste.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5j91I48n4odUTbB-cTZG2XknpDopg?docId=CNG.69bf556795ecd67477efb1fc8a98c015.9f1

It doesn't even say that in your article! It says they chained themselves to the tracks. I don't think I've ever seen you fail so much.

:rofl2:

EDIT: WARNING TO NEW POSTERS! You are posting in a fail thread! Please pat the OP patronisingly on the head and slowly leave.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
It doesn't say anywhere in that article that they tried to dig a hole under the tracks. :colonhash:
Reply 4
Original post by hamijack
It doesn't even say that in your article! It says they chained themselves to the tracks. I don't think I've ever seen you fail so much.

:rofl2:

No, they damaged the actual rails by digging a hole and burying a casket.
Tyring to let a train carrying nuclear waste derail, what an organisation.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5
Where exactly in that article does it say anything about "plotting nuclear disaster" or "digging holes under the rails"?

They chained themselves to train tracks for a few hours in protest. That really sounds like a huge nuclear disaster. Talk about over exaggerating and misleading people.
Reply 6
This is kinda the plot to a Ben Elton book called This Other Eden.
Reply 7
Original post by T-ros

Do you actually have source for this?
Reply 8
Greenpeace are such a bunch of stupid muppets, they're getting worse than PETA ffs.
Reply 9
Original post by T-ros

Nowhere in your article does it say that. Where are you getting this information from?

They held up placards and chained themselves to the tracks to delay the train. It's hardly an attempt to create a huge nuclear disaster.
Tbh, all that sounds like is they were trying to get themselves run over by a train. Trains don't derail a easily as most people think. They definately weren't 'plotting nuclear disaster'. Shame on you, OP.
Original post by marky--mark
Tbh, all that sounds like is they were trying to get themselves run over by a train. Trains don't derail a easily as most people think. They definately weren't 'plotting nuclear disaster'. Shame on you, OP.

Saints row 2 disagrees, couple of satchel charges and that trains straight off the rails :colone:
Even if the train did derail the waste container would just demolish anything in its way and remain resolutely intact. :rolleyes:
Those terrorists! *phones george bush*
Reply 14
Original post by Phenomenological
Even if the train did derail the waste container would just demolish anything in its way and remain resolutely intact. :rolleyes:

There was me thinking they transported nuclear waste in paper trains :wink:
Reply 15
I love how after it's demonstrated your original source and assertion of "plotting nuclear disaster" was utter BS, you completely change your entire original post, which is still minus a source.

Fail Thread OP.
Reply 16
Green Peace are idiots. They posted the times of nuclear waste trains a couple of years ago and where they were passing through which is just stupidly dangerous
Reply 17
I would be a bit worried if these trains have no protection for the waste in the event of being derailed.
Original post by Phenomenological

Exactly

And this was 30 years ago.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 19
Derailing the train would hardly cause a nuclear disaster.
It would just mean that the damn near impregnable box(es) holding the radioactive material may fall off, and someone would need to put them and the train back on track.
The nuclear industry doesn't transport waste in paper bags...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending