Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Band with the worst fanbase

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hipster)
    Muse fans:

- tendency to be obsessed with Muse
    - don't listen to any other bands or music genres
    - have weird 'crushes' on Matt Bellamy
    - think Muse lyrics are great
    - believe in conspiracy theories
    - think Muse are more artistically credible than other 'mainstream popular bands' even though Muse is a mainstream band
    - 'hate' The X-Factor and make a point of not watching it (not even with a knowing sense of irony) so they can say that they 'don't watch The X-Factor'
    - refuse to acknowledge the irrelevance of Muse as musical trendsetters
    - go to festivals such as Reading and Leed to 'celebrate' end of GCSE exams/school year
    - like to watch 'Doctor Who'
    - born after 1993
    I wuv woo.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    The Kooks + Muse

and every mother f'ing Chart band/singer out there!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Muse fans:

- think Muse are more artistically credible than other 'mainstream popular bands' even though Muse is a mainstream band
    - 'hate' The X-Factor and make a point of not watching it (not even with a knowing sense of irony) so they can say that they 'don't watch The X-Factor'
    - go to festivals such as Reading and Leed to 'celebrate' end of GCSE exams/school year
    - born after 1993
    So true haha. Just look at the cringeworthy Muse society on here. Makes me sad for humanity!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x8Charlotte8x)
    Is it true Oli Sykes broke his vocal chords because he screamed too much???
    no.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Muse fans:

- born after 1993
    brilliant.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc1000)
    The Smiths.

Like, "Jonny Marr is the most amazing guitarist ever, and Morrissey's lyrics are incredible. He is the best singer ever."

I then point out to them that, as someone who has been playing guitar for 7 years and with grade 5 music theory, I have it on good authority that Jonny Marr is not an especially good guitarist; he can play a few chords, and he picks single notes to form chords here and there; but let's be honest, he's no John Petrucci. And I also point out that Morrissey can't sing in tune even on studio albums (I've proven this by actually playing songs before and pointing out when he's singing sharp - which is a lot - and fanboys say, "Oh yes good point. I hadn't noticed that before, but it doesn't stop him being an amazing singer..."

Then I say that Morrissey's lyrics may well be good, but if I wanted poetry I'd just read a poem instead of putting it to sh*t music.

Then they get all menstrual, saying that I'm such a science student; I don't appreciate the arts, and that this is true of all prog metal fans. And that prog metal is crap. It has sh*t lyrics, for a start; that it is all showing off (it isn't, by the way), and the musicians don't understand their instruments (lol). And yes, I do appreicate sh*t lyrics if the music is good; I don't listen to music for the sake of lyrics if I could just read a poem instead. This is something that Smiths fans can't understand and it tends to be very annoying...
    I think you are being far too detached and objective. You have to understand music is both acoustically pleasing and emotionally relatable - and Marr imo captures the mood of all the Smiths songs clearly and coupled with Morrisey, who has a unique singing voice, produces a very distinctive sound.

Imo it's clear Morrisey is certainly in the top 10 of the greatest lyricists from England. Still Ill would be my personal reccomendations.

I'm not a fan of Morrisey and won't be going to any concerts / festivals he has organised is performing at or even buy an Album. I'm just a fan of his music (and the Smiths) as much I am a fan of other music I like.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    You know neither of those are really that impressive, especially the first one :confused:
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    My Chemical Romance fans are awful.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Certain fans of Bombay Bicycle Club that I know are quite annoying although I'm not sure if that's the norm. One of them always go on about buying their latest album on vinyl even though I know he has no way of playing it!

(Original post by (:Becca(:)
    My Chemical Romance fans are awful.
    This makes me sad
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh I Really Don't Care)
    I think you are being far too detached and objective. You have to understand music is both acoustically pleasing and emotionally relatable
    Don't get me wrong - I love music that is emotionally 'relatable'. In fact, most of my music is either personal, political or philosophical; all very relevant to the world. I don't tend to like bands (e.g. certain power metal bands) who sing about trivial stuff.

It's just I find the Smiths to be non-music, who are neither talented nor acoustically pleasing. Given the choice between their (admittedly good) lyrics and their music, I'd always choose their lyrics in the absence of the music - taking the form of poetry.

Marr imo captures the mood of all the Smiths songs clearly and coupled with Morrisey, who has a unique singing voice, produces a very distinctive sound.
    Unique =/= good. Morrissey has a terrible voice; a completely dull, flat tone and he can't even sing in tune. And yes, Marr may capture the mood of all the Smiths songs, but it's not difficult music to play. It doesn't make him an accomplished guitarist. In any case, it's not difficult to capture the mood typically found within Smiths songs. I refer back to the flat, dull tone.

Imo it's clear Morrisey is certainly in the top 10 of the greatest lyricists from England. Still Ill would be my personal reccomendations.
    See my above sentiments. Again, this is exactly the lyrics argument that Smiths fans fall back on! Yes he's a good lyricist - so what? Musically it's still lame. I love good lyrics but only if they're with music that is musically good. By no musical standards do any of the Smiths meet this criterion.

Try Porcupine Tree - Steven Wilson their frontman is a great lyricist IMO, and also a musical genius. The many facets of this music interest me - unlike The Smiths who have but one tone and one style and one single facet. Also try Redemption - very personal progressive metal with a multitude of genres, talent and insight incorporated into their lyrically-impressive songs.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRealHimself)
    I'd have to say Muse. Honestly. Whenever you voice your disliking of the band to a fan they always say something like "Well you just haven't heard their B-sides, their B-sides are brilliant!"

And then when you tell them you have heard their B-sides and they suck too they get all enraged and act like 14 year olds.

Radiohead's fanbase is pretty bad too which is a shame really because Radiohead are capable of making decent music every now and then.

Anyway, your opinions? What band or artist has the worst fanbase?
    Agree with Muse.

"I don't like Muse"

"I agree, but their old stuff is amazing!"

"I don't like their old stuff"

"But they're great live! Matt Bellamy is a creative genius! You just don't understand their lyrics!"

Sigh.

+ most pop punk bands
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    McFly fans disturb me
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Justin Bieber...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ferrero Rocher)
    One direction. :indiff:
    Yeah, One Direction fans are bad, especially on Twitter, they think they own the place and that One Direction are the best group ever. Just no, children.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc1000)
    Porcupine Tree
    :coma:

I listen to Biffy Clyro, and MCR, and Muse (actually listening to them now) and I'm glad to say that I don't do all that OMG MATT BELLAMY MARRY ME!!!!!!!!11!! ****. That's just annoying. And if you don't like their music, that's fine by me, I won't immediately direct you to a Showbiz B-side and say 'but you MUST like this!'
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Justin Bieber's fans!
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    My Chemical Romance and Avenged Sevenfold.

Whilst I don't like MCR music so it doesn't really bother me, the Avenged fans (read fangirls) Are horrific. I would argue that most of them follow the band for their looks. And when I say follow, I mean outright stalking.

Have you ever been on Tumblr? One quick search of Avenged Sevenfold will show you masses of girl fans bitching in the most horrible ways about the bands Wives and Girlfriends.

Just take a look at this blog. http://f-nogenandmichi.tumblr.com/page/2 ...

Plus all they do is scream and shriek and literally claw you if you presume to stand in front of them at a concert.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Muse fans:

- tendency to be obsessed with Muse Nope
    - don't listen to any other bands or music genres Nope
    - have weird 'crushes' on Matt Bellamy Nope
    - think Muse lyrics are great Well, they're good. It's your opinion that they're not.
    - believe in conspiracy theories Nope
    - think Muse are more artistically credible than other 'mainstream popular bands' even though Muse is a mainstream band That makes no sense. Of course they're recognised as mainstream, or else they wouldn't be considered more credible than other mainstream bands...
    - 'hate' The X-Factor and make a point of not watching it (not even with a knowing sense of irony) so they can say that they 'don't watch The X-Factor' Nope
    - refuse to acknowledge the irrelevance of Muse as musical trendsetters Nope
    - go to festivals such as Reading and Leed to 'celebrate' end of GCSE exams/school year Nope
    - like to watch 'Doctor Who' Can't stand it
    - born after 1993 So, they have no fans over 19? Considering their first album was released in '99(?), I doubt that.
    Only one of those apply to me. I think it's time to re-evaluate your logic.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mendeleev's Table)
    Only one of those apply to me. I think it's time to re-evaluate your logic.
    Apologies, sir.

My post was intended only as a light-hearted joke, sorry if you read otherwise. :top2:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    DEFINITELY My Chemical Romance...

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 17, 2012
New on TSR
Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.