Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Primark Interview

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I have my first ever job interview in two days time and I'm so nervous as I have no idea what to expect. It's at a Primark store, so I was wondering if anyone had any advice for me, as in what to wear and what I'd most likely be made to do whilst being interviewed?

How could I possibly prepare for it?

Any advice would be appreciated, thank you!

Also, what to take to the interview other than my National Insurance card, Passport, and a passport size photo?
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    I work at Primark.

Well done on getting the interview, is it a christmas temp role? Generally at a Primark, interviews for Christmas temp roles are a lot lot easier than interviews for permanent roles. If they called you for an interview for a temp job, unless you really screw up, they intend to employ you (hence the pass photo, NI and other documents). So you can relax to an extent.

Wear something smart definitely. A simple blouse and trousers would do if you're a girl, if you're a guy, a shirt, trousers and simple tie would be fine, don't bother with a blazer, some employees wear cardigans, I did for my interview. The reason for this is because the staff at Primark have to dress smart, you will find nobody in the building (no Primark employees) in anything casual, so you will stick out and that would be the first thing the manager interviewing you would notice.

For the interview, just be honest, like I said, they probably will employ you now. Try and make eye-contact and smile, shake hands at the beginning and end of the interview, be ready to answer normal interview questions like 'how do you demonstrate great customer service?'.

Apart from that, I'd say good luck. You don't have to be perfect, they don't expect they're workers to be genius robots, just people who can follow instructions and most managers will want somebody they would like to be around so be polite, avoid lots of sarcasm because if you come across as annoying, they won't write anything good you say down because you would have already turned them off. Oh and don't chew gum.

Obvious stuff really, but you'd be surprised the kinds of things we see...

good luck
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi I had an interview at primemark 12 days ago for Christmas temp but I have heard nothing back does this mean I havent got the job or should I ring and find out pls help as don't know what to do
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi there people i have a interview on the 25th for primark and its in oxford cirus, any tips or advice on what kind of interview it is and what they expect ?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niyaz93)
    Hi there people i have a interview on the 25th for primark and its in oxford cirus, any tips or advice on what kind of interview it is and what they expect ?
    hey i had a question my interview is in two days at oxford circus as well, what kinda questions did they ask you then?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackstar9296)
    hey i had a question my interview is in two days at oxford circus as well, what kinda questions did they ask you then?
    what skills do you have, what can you bring to primark , stuff like that, nothing you cannot answer...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niyaz93)
    what skills do you have, what can you bring to primark , stuff like that, nothing you cannot answer...
    how long was the interview and was it a group interview ?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackstar9296)
    how long was the interview and was it a group interview ?
    no 1 to 1 and yeah its not that long...about 10mins

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 6, 2012
New on TSR

Student crowdfunds degree

Graduate raises £26,000 online for Masters course

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.