The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I should have taken triple science and history instead of drama and ICT.
Engineering, all our teacher did was show us karate moves for 2 years
Yes, I regret taking Art. It's so time consuming
Reply 4
DiDA.
Food tech, geography and BTEC ICT. I hated food tech, should have gone for electronics. I would probably have done better at psychology or history than geography. Or Spanish, if our school allowed 2 languages. And BTEC ICT's not as useful as ICT GCSE, and a whole load harder to work out how to enter onto UCAS.
nah not really
Reply 7
Travel and tourism :| no one at the time told me that this wouldn't help me at all when applying to university. It meant that I couldn't do triple or double science, meaning I couldn't do any sciences at A level. It was also the most boring and easy subject ever and the biggest waste of my time. Rant over.
Original post by Deziah
I'm in year eleven, and pretty much everyone I know regrets at least one of their subjects if not all. So, I'm just curious to know if any of you do/did. :smile:

I wish I took geography. However it was in the same option block as PE which I also wanted to do (would have rathered done PE). So its not as if I regret it because I made the right decision, however I would have liked geography to be in a different option box so I could have done both subjects.

Also, I should have tried harder in Biology as I only got a C grade which prevented me studying it at A Level.
Reply 9
During my GCSEs I thought I regretted taking Psychology and ICT, especially Psychology, the GCSE was just so boring, and all we did was read the textbook and do the exams.

I later realised there weren't many better ones instead, Art was going to be my backup choice if I couldn't get into those, turned out that was a lucky escape. No chance was I going to take geography, history, music, japanese or any other obscure languages.

I picked the ones I didn't want to do the least.
Reply 10
Original post by Tannu123
DiDA.

Lol, I did that too. Didn't have a choice though, they just told me I wasn't doing IT and had that instead.

I regret taking French and Business. I regretted taking Double Science so I dropped it for Sociology, which was ok I guess. Wish I'd have taken Graphics/Art or something.
Reply 11
I took media, french, double science and ICT.
Should have taken french, triple science and ICT but I'm kinda glad I don't have to do as many exams as triple science.
There isn't any other subjects I would've liked to take, hate things like history and geography and I already do btec PE on the side. :smile:
History,

instead of Media.

I was happy with Travel and French
I definitely regret french... Even geography probably would have been better (now thats saying something!!) :tongue:
Reply 14
No, I don't regret what I took. I only had three options. I chose history, geography and RS.

I would have liked to have done German instead of French, but French was compulsory at my school and I didn't want to do two languages. So given the circumstances I don't regret it. Again, I would have liked the opportunity to have doe Latin but my school didn't teach it. My brothers did but he couldn't have cared less about it!! Now I'm having to self teach it and its pretty hard going!!

Its my A Levels I regret in retrospect! I loved geography at GCSE. I struggled with it at A Level. I would have chosed RS instead, I think.
(edited 12 years ago)
I picked French,Geography,History and Triple Science. They're all "good" subjects but I think history is too long - it's basically English and I can't stand English. So yeah I regret picking it but it was that or ICT and well History is way better in my opinion - no pain no gain right.
I was forced to take GCSE ICT, which was a complete waste of time.

I wanted to take geography :sad:
I would have liked to take German instead of Geography, but the school wouldn't let me because I was already doing French and Spanish. My Geography GCSE hasn't been useful to me in life at all, while my language GCSEs have been. But I can understand that the school wants to provide a broad education.

Regarding the GCSE choices I was actually allowed to make, I don't regret them at all - I think I chose the right ones for me.
French, Spanish, Latin, Geography, Maths, English x2 and Science x3.
(edited 12 years ago)
ATM I'm regretting geography. 5 hours of controlled assessment is enough to push anyone over the edge. Also getting a B in my exam when I am predicted an A*. My teachers pretty crap too would much rather have another one who I like...
I love history and french and Spanish and I couldn't avoid all three sciences and I'd rather do that than double with the dreaded IT!!!
Reply 19
I wish I'd done something more exciting, like chinese or drama. Instead I opted safe with media, french, history and art.

Latest