The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Original post by Dalek1099
I ave just done coasts and i am now doing natural disasters:colondollar:

Did you take the exam in January or did you do the one on Happisburgh in the summer?? We're doing work for the oral coursework... Our theme is rubbish!!
Original post by Chloe:')
Did you take the exam in January or did you do the one on Happisburgh in the summer?? We're doing work for the oral coursework... Our theme is rubbish!!

Oral Coursework for geography:confused: and i did an exam in January on coasts and , I'm hoping for an A* in it:colondollar:
I'm doing the natural disasters exam in June.
(edited 12 years ago)
When I had to do my geography coursework on water, I regretted it so much due to how boring it was.
Still, I took History, Geography and Sociology- I like them, but regret geography to a small extent.
German, I wish I'd taken Geography instead cause I sucked at German so badly
Reply 424
Oral Coursework for geography:confused: and i did an exam in January on coasts and , I'm hoping for an A* in it:colondollar:
I'm doing the natural disasters exam in June.

You don't have to do oral course work??! :O How unfair

I don't think so anyway but i haven't started the coursework yet-i know you have to go on a trip for it.

As far as I know I dont have to do oral course work either?:s
The actual title for Core Futures is "Certificate for the Preperation of Working Life" basically you learn about banking and money, first aid, university and how to apply for a job, writing a CV and other stuff like that! You are so lucky, the main reason I took geography was for natural disasters i thought that we would spend more time on that than rivers and coasts...

God I hate Preparation for Working Life. Last week I had to plan a route to an imaginary job interview and plan my outfit for said interview :rolleyes:
Reply 428
Environmental science - WHAT GLUE WAS I SNIFFING WHEN I TICKED THE OPTION!?

Also im finding that food tech is getting a bit boring due to the amount of coursework and the cost to pass the gcse xD
Reply 429
I should have taken history instead of geography. I think many many people share this regret, other than those who have dreams of working for the met office :frown:
I regret Geography. I would rather history.
Reply 431
For me it has to be Biology.

Whenever I started my GCSEs I wanted to do medicine or chem. eng. so I picked it as it obviously is a prerequisite for both of those subjects, so I done triple science.

However now that I'm nearly finished my GCSEs I don't want to do either of those things at uni and I think I would have done better with either Computing, Economics (which my school doesn't let you do if you also do Business studies) instead of Biology.
I wish I'd never taken Music.
I hated it so much D:
Original post by abc:)
I should have taken history instead of geography. I think many many people share this regret, other than those who have dreams of working for the met office :frown:

i know someone at my school,who changed their choice from History to Geography,could you have not done the opposite?
Original post by ..scream.fan...

I have checked ad i have to do 2 pieces ogf written coursework write-ups in controlled conditions and no oral coursework:colondollar:
Reply 435
i know someone at my school,who changed their choice from History to Geography,could you have not done the opposite?

Yeah possibly... but it was only sort of after my GCSEs that I regretted it. Like in my A-levels and now in my degree I did/do a lot of History related stuff and I've got a renewed interest in it and sometimes think, it would have been nice to do History from the start. Still :smile:
I have checked ad i have to do 2 pieces ogf written coursework write-ups in controlled conditions and no oral coursework:colondollar:

Controlled assessments? yeah that's what I have to do too, i've already done the one I think we're doing the other one soon ><
Reply 437
I don't think so anyway but i haven't started the coursework yet-i know you have to go on a trip for it.

We did written coursework a while ago and we went on a trip for it!! The trip was fun but the coursework took ages. On the trip the lessons went on until 10 some nights.
Reply 438
Original post by ..scream.fan...

Are you doing the OCR Specification B?
Reply 439
Original post by SimplyEccentric
God I hate Preparation for Working Life. Last week I had to plan a route to an imaginary job interview and plan my outfit for said interview :rolleyes:

I had to do the same thing last week! So boring... But the teacher is really funny so that makes up for it a bit. He said that we're moving onto first aid in a few weeks and said that that's usually quite good :biggrin:

Latest