The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

yep textiles
business
geography
hate the core subjects and french
Reply 581
Regretted Business BTEC after a week, and I'm only in year ten. :frown: If I don't get a distinction, I will kill someone.
I wish had never taken DiDA. I know it's not an actual GCSE but it was so boring and incredibly time-consuming. Other than that, I was mostly happy with my other choices, except that maybe I would have swapped Graphics for History.
Reply 583
French...any year 9s out there, don't take French

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 584
Business BTEC, I didn't know how unimpressive looks alongside your GCSEs. Didn't realise at the time how bad they were.
I don't regret my GCSE options but I regret what I took in college
Reply 586
Business Studies (well wasnt really an option, was suppose to do art but they f***** up my timetable) and Food tech I HATE FOOD TECH SO BORING YAWN

I find geography (got an A* on first test) easy and quite interesting and i enjoy french, and I enjoyed media studies (got an A)
I should have taken more active GCSEs, but instead I went down the route of ICT and History (as my unrestricted choices) with the Humanities choice (we do the ebac) as Geography and the the Language choice as French. By 2014, I will possibly have 2 A2 level qualifications. Now I have some days with 3 humanities. Painful AF.
Hate music
Hate media
Hate drama
I.T is ok because it's easy to get a good grade
History is my only option I seem to thurely enjoy!

History and Geography but I had to pick one of those (or RS) as a humanity is compulsory at my school.
Geography just bores me and I get so much homework in history as we get almost no work done in the lessons because our teacher spends so much time on each tiny little thing.

I wish I took Art instead of Triple science, just cause Triple science is so much more work and pressure than normal science and after about two months you cant stand it anymore!!!! :mad:
Original post by tokyo4ever
I wish I took Art instead of Triple science, just cause Triple science is so much more work and pressure than normal science and after about two months you cant stand it anymore!!!! :mad:

But when your older it will look ten times better having a triple science qualification than just one art gcse :smile:.

Everyone I knew who did Food Tech regretted it. I personally wish I'd done Art instead of Geography.
Original post by emilie18
Everyone I knew who did Food Tech regretted it. I personally wish I'd done Art instead of Geography.

l did food. & essentially, I regretted it. It was actually more work than you'd assume.
Original post by mynameisntbobk
l did food. & essentially, I regretted it. It was actually more work than you'd assume.

Yeah - everyone said how they did weeks of planning just to cook one meal, sounded ridiculous tbh!
Original post by emilie18
Yeah - everyone said how they did weeks of planning just to cook one meal, sounded ridiculous tbh!

Yup, there was research, selecting & planning (including THOROUGH explanations ~ mine was like 15 pages, give or take) and then the practical, which was followed by outcomes, results, data analysis, evaluation, conclusion. I never worked so hard in my GCSE life as I did in food. And I only ended up with a B, so close to an A though, so I was annoyed.

so.. what's up?
Reply 596
Textiles
Reply 597
Yes. I took four options: Product Design; Art; Geography and Spanish. Then I got offered French as an extra and as the invincible little year 9 that I was I was like "I got this!" and took it (as well as full course RE, triple science and 'triple' maths). Two years down the line, and the controlled assessments for two languages are killing me!

IF YOU ARE IN YEAR NINE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T TAKE TWO LANGUAGES!!!
Reply 598
Can someone explain to me why I chose Media Studies. That lesson is a joke though it is a time in which I can do work for my other subjects
Reply 599
I wish I had taken GCSE French instead of Spanish, my mum is still harassing me about it although I'm doing AS Levels now

Latest