The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I was forced to restrict myself to either just business or science subject and I made the absolute worst choice for me- science subjects!!!
I regret, history but Its not so bad I just hated writing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Textiles. it's awful
Is taking both Geography and History hard?
Original post by aurora_dawn
I picked French,Geography,History and Triple Science. They're all "good" subjects but I think history is too long - it's basically English and I can't stand English. So yeah I regret picking it but it was that or ICT and well History is way better in my opinion - no pain no gain right.
Original post by spoinkytheduck
I definitely regret french... Even geography probably would have been better (now thats saying something!!) :tongue:

French will aid your life you should not shy away from the power of communication with a wider range of innovative people and doing French will permit you to be a hero. be glad:smile: you r a spoon goodday
Original post by Charlotte6745
Textiles. it's awful

what the heck is textiles
Original post by jeffersonmontero
what the heck is textiles

It's basically where you make stuff out of fabric, so like clothes, etc. Luckily I never took it for a GCSE, done the subject in years 7-9, absolutely hated it..

Posted from TSR Mobile
I should have taken business studies instead of dance :/
I picked physical education as one of my options and now i want to change it to media studies. I dont know what to do
hate hate media.
history is also a terrible one
Original post by garethbale
hate hate media.
history is also a terrible one

I took media when I was in 6th form. Was the worst subject taught as a) I never chose it, I was thrown into the course as another course I wanted to take clashed with another subject I took (wasn't aware when applying :colondollar:) b) there wasn't proper equipment for media and c) the main teacher I had got sacked, so had so many teachers teaching it it was a miracle everyone passed :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ohhello92x
I took media when I was in 6th form. Was the worst subject taught as a) I never chose it, I was thrown into the course as another course I wanted to take clashed with another subject I took (wasn't aware when applying :colondollar:) b) there wasn't proper equipment for media and c) the main teacher I had got sacked, so had so many teachers teaching it it was a miracle everyone passed :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh my gosh :afraid: having that at GCSEs would be one thing but for A-Levels??!! Thank goodness you passed :tongue: it is a pretty stupid subject tbf
Original post by garethbale
oh my gosh :afraid: having that at GCSEs would be one thing but for A-Levels??!! Thank goodness you passed :tongue: it is a pretty stupid subject tbf

Exactly :tongue:! I know right!

Yeah it is pretty stupid, I can understand if people are interested in the subject if they're wanting to go into that field :colondollar: I just found that the subject was just so dull :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wish I hadn't taken Spanish, it's time consuming and I don't have the patience to think about every letter being conjugated or on the right tense when I have an hour to do a essay!
I left school at an age of 1 u should do it too
thanx for this, i was thinking of engineering for AS...
(edited 3 years ago)
I had to do Maths, English, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and a language (Spanish)

I chose History, RS, Drama.

Do Not Choose Drama it requires so much effort and it's not worth it.

I did my devising piece (where you create your own play) and got 20/20 in the performance.

The coursework is hell but I still manged to get 56/60

The real bit where it gets retarded is the exam, where I got 69% in the mock. Idk what I'm going to get in the real thing but I wish I had chosen Geography instead.
yasss i do!! I regret all of them - Product Design, Computer Science, Spanish and Geography ughh why did i pick them :frown:
Original post by AJFreeney
I had to do Maths, English, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and a language (Spanish)

I chose History, RS, Drama.

Do Not Choose Drama it requires so much effort and it's not worth it.

I did my devising piece (where you create your own play) and got 20/20 in the performance.

The coursework is hell but I still manged to get 56/60

The real bit where it gets retarded is the exam, where I got 69% in the mock. Idk what I'm going to get in the real thing but I wish I had chosen Geography instead.

Well done!! That's really good! :smile: Good luck in the real thing!!
I picked geography and its not half bad and we get to go on trips so i guess its fun
Original post by cherrybomb115
Well done!! That's really good! :smile: Good luck in the real thing!!
I picked geography and its not half bad and we get to go on trips so i guess its fun

Yh I go to a very academic school so if you get a B you are a looser basically. I'll get an A in Drama I reckon, which is ok, but it's just annoying that only 10% of it is how good you are at acting.

Latest