The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AJFreeney
Yh I go to a very academic school so if you get a B you are a looser basically. I'll get an A in Drama I reckon, which is ok, but it's just annoying that only 10% of it is how good you are at acting.

but a B isn't even that bad...? I'm so glad i didnt pick drama - it sounds hella hard!
I took Art and highly regretted it. I just finished my first year in it and it is appalling. The amount of time put in is mad, and the stress for you to get things done is so high. If you want a creative subject take Graphics or Design Tech. Don't take a BTEC because universities aren't interested in that. Because I took Art, I'm hoping that my Maths and Science can carry me through. Always take a language because you can then emigrate there if you want to. The most important thing is to take a range of subjects to have the opportunity to get into multiple job spheres. Hope this helped :biggrin:Follow me @awebalorbal on Instagram for more advice :smile:
Original post by dennnn_
i kind of regret taking drama gcse. i just chose it cuz i have no self awareness and i had a friend who i was close with that liked drama so i guess she was one of the few reasons i chose it- which isn't good! but i chose dance,drama and rs short course (and study sessions). tbh i wish i chose drama, media and rs short course. But oh well! I do like drama but I don't think I liked it to the degree of choosing it as a gcse option :/ and the written theory is ridiculous! it has a 30 marker in it!! but its ok cuz im pretty good at english so if i work hard-which i will then i think ill manage but there's no way im choosing it for a level!

English Language has a 40 marker in it so not exactly a surprise?

Also I do AQA Drama and it's 70% theory, 30% practical (they make it look as if it's 2 acting/1 theory but the devising log is writing and has more marks) - I think it's an easy 9 as long as you're okay at English and a mediocre actor
so we had to choose a language out of german and french - i took french and i dont regret that ( dont get me wrong i hate learning it but its easier than german would be)
i then took history which i hate with every fibre of my being , its so boring - so incredibly boring. all we do is these ridiculously long essays on things i will never understand or be interested in.
i also took geography which i absoloutely love - its definitely one of my favourite subjects i love like human geography its so cool lol im so good at it
i also took art which i do love art .. i just find it difficult to keep up with the work theres so much to do and yknow with othersubjects its hard to stay on track but i do love art itself...
i wish i had took sociology instead of history because it seems so much more interesting i luv it

i plan to take for A level ( depending on how i do in my gcse's of course) - english literature , psychology , maths and art!!!!

im in year 11 by the way :smile: