Law Applicants 2012 Offer Thread

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    @Finbarr

thank you I was wondering if london is really very expensive and cold, as I have been told, because I'm from Singapore and I really dislike the cold. Though everyone's been saying that LSE is terribly nerdy..
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amjustagirl)
    @Finbarr

thank you I was wondering if london is really very expensive and cold, as I have been told, because I'm from Singapore and I really dislike the cold. Though everyone's been saying that LSE is terribly nerdy..
    If you don't like the cold you may have made a mistake in applying to Universities in England
    Durham will probably be the coldest as it's furthest north if that helps!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    @Finbarr

I think London unis are not as cold compared to Durham and Notts. And ditto what Bea said
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    @Finbarr

Ah. London is basically the warmest part of the country, for reasons I don't understand - have a look at a weather map. I would say rent, alcohol, cinema tickets, and city-centre-bought junk food, will be the main differences between London and anywhere else in the country, cost-wise, although getting student accommodation may help *somewhat* with rent, using the student bar/discounts for entertainments is another thing, and cooking decent food another.

I'm afraid I don't know anything about LSE being nerdy. The word seems to me to indicate a bizarre pejorative perspective, on the human qualities of studiousness and diligence, especially odd given this forum's context. Why wouldn't the top students be studious?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    P.S. if you don't need to rush with your choice, then I'd suggest taking as much time as you need to do research on each place for yourself.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Although to be fair on our weather, it's glorious here in the Midlands today! Like a little Summer in March

I think pollution has a little something to do with London's warmth, especially in Summer. It's like a little greenhouse! But yeah as a a rule, English weather= not the best.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oxford
    Rejection - (Booooo)

Manchester
    Unconditional

Leicester
    Unconditional

UEA
    Unconditional

Reading
    Unconditional
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!!

Help me choose between Leicester LLB & Cardiff LLB Law with Poli.
    Would be sosososo grateful if you help.
    I'm an international student by the way~
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    anyone can provide some extra info that can help me decide??

exeter, manchester or leeds for llb law!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any idea what law firms would prefer - graduates from manchester or southampton law school?

I just can't make up my mind on which offer to accept.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sussex
    A*AB or AAA (law and politics)
    Offer 9th nov
    Ucas sent 26th oct

Exeter
    AAA
    Offer 13th nov
    Ucas sent 26th oct
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Offered from KCL for LLB!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: February 4, 2013
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.