Conditional offer from Nottingham - AAA

Congrats! Is it your first choice?
Reply 161
Original post by Black_Jack
Congrats! Is it your first choice?

Yep :smile:
Original post by nick369
Conditional offer from Nottingham - AAA

Wow congrats I'm jealous! When did you send your UCAS off?
Reply 163
Original post by Omiclops
Wow congrats I'm jealous! When did you send your UCAS off?

Can't remember the exact date, but mid-late October
Not that anybodies probably bothered about NT but;
Nottingham trent Offer 300 points.
Original post by krussel
Not that anybodies probably bothered about NT but;
Nottingham trent Offer 300 points.

I've applied :smile: Still waiting :frown:
Unconditional Offer for LSE to do the LLB
Obviously very happy to have an offer but I have an unconditional for Cambridge so I'll be rejecting my other offers asap so they can hopefully go to other people (I have no idea if the admissions office actually gives those places people reject early out again but you never know)
Original post by Bea492
Congrats on your offers! I was rejected from
Oxford too after interview:frown: I got an unconditional from
Warwick just before Xmas but I don't think they've sent many yet. Are you post A level?

Congrats on Warwick. Yeah, I'm post A level. I'm assuming you are too?:smile:
Which college were you for Oxford? I was re-allocated to Christ Church and my interview was pretty awful.
Original post by christinasrose

Unconditional Offer for LSE to do the LLB
Obviously very happy to have an offer but I have an unconditional for Cambridge so I'll be rejecting my other offers asap so they can hopefully go to other people (I have no idea if the admissions office actually gives those places people reject early out again but you never know)

unconditional? Have you already completed your A levels? May i ask your results if u don't mind?
Congratx btw!! :biggrin:
Reply 169
Original post by rosiemcleod
Congrats on Warwick. Yeah, I'm post A level. I'm assuming you are too?:smile:
Which college were you for Oxford? I was re-allocated to Christ Church and my interview was pretty awful.

Thanks :smile: yeah I am too. I was Keble but reallocate pre interview to New. I think I had one good interview and one disastrous one lol. Going to call for feedback though. Where's your first choice now?
Original post by aysha.19
unconditional? Have you already completed your A levels? May i ask your results if u don't mind?
Congratx btw!! :biggrin:

I already have my results, I'm on a gap year :smile:
I went to school in Scotland so I have Scottish Qualifications, my grades were:
SG: 8 1's
Highers: 7 A's (5 Band 1's)
Advanced Highers: 5 A's (2 Band 1's)
Reply 171

When did you decide that you wanted to take a Gap Year and how did you know you wanted to study Law? :smile: Congrats on your unconditional offers by the way.
Original post by Sem193
When did you decide that you wanted to take a Gap Year and how did you know you wanted to study Law? :smile: Congrats on your unconditional offers by the way.

In year 13 I didn't really know what I wanted to do so applied to PPE at Oxford on a whim(stupid decision; bad at maths, hate philosophy) and was rejected so basically put my head down and worked REALLY hard for my advanced highers. Law had always been at the back of my mind. My dad's a magic circle partner and my mum's an academic in law and they had both always told me that I was born to be a lawyer so I looked into it properly and it looked fascinating.

Reapplying and doing a gap year was kind of a given tbh because even though I had a warwick PPE offer I didn'e want to do PPE or go to Warwick.
And thanks :smile: so excited for Cambridge!
Out of interest, where have you applied/got offers for?

btw I wrote a better explained version of everything I just said on the Cambridge pool thread on page 151 I believe.
Reply 173
In year 13 I didn't really know what I wanted to do so applied to PPE at Oxford on a whim(stupid decision; bad at maths, hate philosophy) and was rejected so basically put my head down and worked REALLY hard for my advanced highers. Law had always been at the back of my mind. My dad's a magic circle partner and my mum's an academic in law and they had both always told me that I was born to be a lawyer so I looked into it properly and it looked fascinating.

Reapplying and doing a gap year was kind of a given tbh because even though I had a warwick PPE offer I didn'e want to do PPE or go to Warwick.
And thanks :smile: so excited for Cambridge!
Out of interest, where have you applied/got offers for?

btw I wrote a better explained version of everything I just said on the Cambridge pool thread on page 151 I believe.

I've been torn between Law and Modern Languages for a long time and eventually chose Law as my main degree, but I chose a couple of Law with a year abroad in Spain courses as well, as I study Spanish now and I totally love it. However, I've been rejected by most of my university choices and my top choice now doesn't have that year abroad in Spain.

I was thinking of reapplying next year to study Languages because my top choice and my firm don't really excite me. I also, I don't have a French A level and thought that if I spent some time in France and got my French up to scratch then universities may allow me to study French without having an A level in it.

I applied to UCL, Cambridge, Nottingham, Birmingham, and UEA and got rejections from the first three (Cambridge post interview), but I've swapped one of my choices for Exeter somehow, haha, so I'll be waiting for a reply from them. I think getting rejections and not being excited about my firm and insurance may be a sign to study languages :smile: I've read some of what you have said on the Cambridge Winter Pool Thread :smile:
Original post by Sem193
I've been torn between Law and Modern Languages for a long time and eventually chose Law as my main degree, but I chose a couple of Law with a year abroad in Spain courses as well, as I study Spanish now and I totally love it. However, I've been rejected by most of my university choices and my top choice now doesn't have that year abroad in Spain.

I was thinking of reapplying next year to study Languages because my top choice and my firm don't really excite me. I also, I don't have a French A level and thought that if I spent some time in France and got my French up to scratch then universities may allow me to study French without having an A level in it.

I applied to UCL, Cambridge, Nottingham, Birmingham, and UEA and got rejections from the first three (Cambridge post interview), but I've swapped one of my choices for Exeter somehow, haha, so I'll be waiting for a reply from them. I think getting rejections and not being excited about my firm and insurance may be a sign to study languages :smile: I've read some of what you have said on the Cambridge Winter Pool Thread :smile:

Random, but how did you manage to change your choice to a uni not on the OFFA list?
Reply 175
Original post by Tsunami2011
Random, but how did you manage to change your choice to a uni not on the OFFA list?

Changed UEA to Exeter and then changed Nottingham back to UEA. I thought it wouldn't work, but it did.

What do you do on the gap year?
Original post by aysha.19
What do you do on the gap year?

I've spent the last couple of months working, and concentrating on my application to Cambridge. I'm movig to France in a month and I'm going to stay there for 6 months
Original post by Bea492
Thanks :smile: yeah I am too. I was Keble but reallocate pre interview to New. I think I had one good interview and one disastrous one lol. Going to call for feedback though. Where's your first choice now?

Yes same- my particularly disastrous interview was unfortunately with the head of department at Christ Church College :frown:
My first choice is now Durham. Where else are you waiting to hear from?
Original post by rosiemcleod
Unconditional from leeds, exeter and durham
Rejection from oxford
Waiting on Warwick- anyone else heard?

Nice going, what were your academics? sorry about oxford!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending