Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A good diet or not?

Announcements Posted on
Live webchat: Student Finance explained - on TSR from 2 - 3pm 17-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Pretty ****e diet to be honest, you should move your bowels everyday - needs more fibre.

It is also high in saturated fat, sugar & salt and lacking in protiens and essential fatty acids.

You can lose weight and it not be fat, infact the body prefers to burn muscle mass as a fuel source as fat is for emergencies - well done on losing muscle mass.

Potatoes are a root vegetable, these are not included in the recommended 5 a day fruit and veg - neither are other root vegetables such as parsnips.

This said I agree this is a troll, nobody aside one of the other posters on this thread is actually that stupid
    • 59 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    Pretty ****e diet to be honest, you should move your bowels everyday - needs more fibre.

It is also high in saturated fat, sugar & salt and lacking in protiens and essential fatty acids.

You can lose weight and it not be fat, infact the body prefers to burn muscle mass as a fuel source as fat is for emergencies - well done on losing muscle mass.

Potatoes are a root vegetable, these are not included in the recommended 5 a day fruit and veg - neither are other root vegetables such as parsnips.

This said I agree this is a troll, nobody aside one of the other posters on this thread is actually that stupid
    There isn't much sugar(only healthy fruit,milk,tango) or fat(apart from garlic bread and pizza).I'd say about on the GDA.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    There isn't much sugar(only healthy fruit,milk,tango) or fat(apart from garlic bread and pizza).I'd say about on the GDA.
    LOL but that's basically all you eat.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cute, but wrong.

(Original post by RainbowDoll)
    LOL but that's basically all you eat.
    Obviously his brain is a tad underdeveloped from all he garlic bread
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    serious lack of fruit and veg!
    • 59 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophie1985)
    serious lack of fruit and veg!
    i eat yoghurt/grapes for a few dinners now-hopefully,that will compensate.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    i eat yoghurt/grapes for a few dinners now-hopefully,that will compensate.
    Strong bump.

Have you sorted out your diet?
    • 59 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    Strong bump.

Have you sorted out your diet?
    It didn't require much sorting out?-I've removed the cereal but i still eat 3 garlic bread slices + 1 pizza slice a day.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    vegetables?
    • 59 followers

ReputationRep:
    vegetables?
    Potato?I hate most vegetables.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    you state pizza has 800kcal as though its good.

You know thats almost half what you should be eating in a day?

You're 15? . So ideally you shouldn't be eating the recommended 2500kcal for an adult male, but more 2000kcal

1 pint of semi skimmed milk has about 200kcal, maybe a little less
    You also don't state what "cereal" this is, for all we know this could be low calorie bran flakes, at 4 bowls a day you would be pretty loose! haha! But this could also be coco pops, which are so high in sugar its unreal.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    potatoes dont count as veg. for a healthy diet u should be eating lots of variety of vegetables. As much of half of what u eat should be non starchy veg. Add some gud quality meat, get rid of the processed carbs and u have urself a much improved diet :-)
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not very good at all, lol. All calories are not equal!
    • 59 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammyjade92)
    you state pizza has 800kcal as though its good.

You know thats almost half what you should be eating in a day?

You're 15? . So ideally you shouldn't be eating the recommended 2500kcal for an adult male, but more 2000kcal

1 pint of semi skimmed milk has about 200kcal, maybe a little less
    You also don't state what "cereal" this is, for all we know this could be low calorie bran flakes, at 4 bowls a day you would be pretty loose! haha! But this could also be coco pops, which are so high in sugar its unreal.
    i have removed cereal now.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)

mate, i've been relying on parsnips, not much fruit around.

the Asda ones do state they are part of 5 a day,

i know about the variety but why do you state they are excluded from this NHS system.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    potatoes dont count as veg. for a healthy diet u should be eating lots of variety of vegetables. As much of half of what u eat should be non starchy veg. Add some gud quality meat, get rid of the processed carbs and u have urself a much improved diet :-)

you don't compute, most vegetables are low calories apart from the starchy root veg. So where do you get carbs from?

I think you'll be eating too much saturated fat on your diet. Even muesli is processed, it's heat treated! So I guess that leaves bread that you must be recommending to eat a ton of. Write us what you eat, interested.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    OP you are the most arrogant and obnoxious little brat I have ever seen post on a forum, keep it up like this and by the time you hit 18 you'll be a fat little twerp with garlic sweat and a 44 inch waist.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    There isn't much fat(apart from garlic bread and pizza).I'd say about on the GDA.
    And milk, yoghurt, chicken burgers, ham, sausages.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    just eat curry for breakfast lunch and dinner.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeAndBubbles)
    you don't compute, most vegetables are low calories apart from the starchy root veg. So where do you get carbs from?

I think you'll be eating too much saturated fat on your diet. Even muesli is processed, it's heat treated! So I guess that leaves bread that you must be recommending to eat a ton of. Write us what you eat, interested.
    check this out http://thesmarterscienceofslim.com/ its not just about slimming but about healthy eating, it is starting to become clear that saturated fat is not the bad guy instead sugar filled food causes a lot of ill health today. might be worth a look if ur interested in cleaning up ur diet. oh and veg is a carb
Updated: May 27, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered nutrition and supplements threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.