Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A good diet or not?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophie1985)
    check this out http://thesmarterscienceofslim.com/ its not just about slimming but about healthy eating, it is starting to become clear that saturated fat is not the bad guy instead sugar filled food causes a lot of ill health today. might be worth a look if ur interested in cleaning up ur diet. oh and veg is a carb
    I'll check it out,

i agree about sugary foods, but you don't have to pit them against saturated fats, which cause heart disease undeniably.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeAndBubbles)
    I'll check it out,

i agree about sugary foods, but you don't have to pit them against saturated fats, which cause heart disease undeniably.
    there is a lot coming out recently that that may not be the case, im not saying its right or wrong but i am trying to have an open mind to nutrition and that wat we have been told for forever about health may not be all that accurate. Take that recent survey into eating red meat, now they are telling us to avoid eating too much red meat when its impossible to tell if it was the meat or the **** that was consumed with or in the meat that caused the unfavorable consequences. U cannot compare eating organic steak in the same study as burgers and hot dogs.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    there is a lot coming out recently that that may not be the case, im not saying its right or wrong but i am trying to have an open mind to nutrition and that wat we have been told for forever about health may not be all that accurate. Take that recent survey into eating red meat, now they are telling us to avoid eating too much red meat when its impossible to tell if it was the meat or the **** that was consumed with or in the meat that caused the unfavorable consequences. U cannot compare eating organic steak in the same study as burgers and hot dogs.

you mean your doctor says it's ok to the corpse of another being:eek:

i'm not sure about the theory, except I can tell from experience my system clogs and puts a strain on my heart with a high fat meal,

it's a change to have fats like nuts and avocados, but why do I like the salted nuts? I distrustful of the fats, I believe nature gave nuts and seeds for the purpose of procreating the next generation, not for us to eat in any quantities.

Dr Doug Graham who is a great guy who routs out and brings together all this, he's not a nutritionist but practices healthful living, and say any fat even from nuts and avocados can be had to excess and cause problems. He recommend a maximum of 10%. Which is radical compared to the usual 40% which I think most people have.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    Monday Three Slices of Garlic Bread(School-Made) with 1 Slice of Pizza(School-Made)
    Portion of Grapes 4 Bowls of Cereal with Semi-skimmed/whole milk
    Tuesday Three Slices of Garlic Bread(School-Made) with 1 Slice of Pizza(School-Made)
    2 Bananas 4 Bowls of Cereal with semi-skimmed/whole milk
    Wednesday Three Slices of Garlic Bread(School-Made) with 1 Slice of Pizza(School-Made)
    2 Ham Sandwiches(No butter) 4 Bowls of Cereal with semi-skimmed/whole milk
    Thursday Three Slices of Garlic Bread(School-Made) with 1 Slice of Pizza(School-Made)
    2 Chicken Burgers 4 Bowls of Cereal with semi-skimmed/whole milk
    Friday Three Slices of Garlic Bread(School-Made) with 1 Slice of Pizza(School-Made)
    4 Pots of Yoghurt (Petit Filous) (Stawberry + Raspberry) 4 Bowls of Cereal with semi-skimmed/whole milk
    Saturday 2 Chicken Legs(Morrisons),10 Smileys 1 piece of toast and a portion of beans(Oven Cooked), 4 Bowls of Cereal with semi-skimmed/whole milk
    Sunday about 5 Potatoes,Portion of beans,2 Yorkshire puddings (Oven Cooked)and 2 sausages,2 sausages,portion of beans and portion of chips(Microwaved) 4 Bowls of Cereal with semi-skimmed/whole milk

The Days are not always like that but that is what i eat now apart from the occasional takeaway pizza every now and again.Other than milk i drink tango and never drink water.Tango is quite healthy little sugar and calories muc healthier than most fruit juices,fact.

I poo once every 2 days and wee every 3-4 times every day.
    I am going to assume you eat baked beans not green beans.

Do you honestly eat no vegetables at all?

You believe tango is healthier than fruit juices?
    • 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheJ0ker)
    I am going to assume you eat baked beans not green beans.

Do you honestly eat no vegetables at all?

You believe tango is healthier than fruit juices?
    have you seen the sugar in pure fruit juices,about 3 times as much as tango and more calories and i eat baked beans-very healthy,one of your five a day.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is this the real life?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    have you seen the sugar in pure fruit juices,about 3 times as much as tango and more calories and i eat baked beans-very healthy,one of your five a day.
    I am telling you now, if you wish to be more healthy, have a glass of fruit juice or milk at breakfast and drink water the rest of the time (that means no tango), that's the easiest way to start fixing your diet. You are also eating no vegetables that aren't from cans, you may wish to start eating more greens.
    • 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't eat garlic bread in the holidays so that makes a different diet in the holiday probably consisting of ham sandwiches,bananas and more beans.
    • 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ihad my BMI checked today or you could say yesterday.It was 17.6 with a height of 5'10.4" and a weight of 8st12pounds.So I need to eat more fatty products like Garlic Bread to increase my BMI.On my last BMI check,I was 18.5 with a height of 5'8.2" and a weight of 9st0pounds.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Add a Big Mac and it'll be perfect.
    • 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sexbo)
    Add a Big Mac and it'll be perfect.
    I prefer Double Cheeseburgers.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    You are probably, the most annoying, arrogant, conceited little brat I've ever seen post on this forum. First of all sort out your diet, I seriously can't believe you eat that much junk and still have such a low BMI, either you're lying or have a ridiculous metabolism - either way it's gonna catch up with you when you get older if you don't sort it out now. Secondly, you're ridiculously arrogant and up your own a***, seriously just sort it out.

P.S. please change your signature and the 'about me' section on your profile...that 'meticulous' layout of your academic credentials just screams arrogance in your face, I mean for god's sake, you've put down every single exam and coursework module you've done and put your provisional UMS scores and even colour coded them :lolwut:
    • 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fuzzy12345)
    You are probably, the most annoying arrogant little brat I've ever seen post on this forum. First of all sort out your diet, I seriously can't believe you eat that much junk and still have such a low BMI, either you're lying or have a ridiculous metabolism - either way it's gonna catch up with you when you get older if you don't sort it out now. Secondly, you're ridiculously arrogant and up your own a***, seriously just sort it out.
    I will eat less when I'm older and I'm losing weight so I need to eat a lot more.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I will eat less when I'm older and I'm losing weight so I need to eat a lot more.
    You should be more concerned for your overall health, not obsessing about ur weight. Eat real food, and cut out the junk!
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Tango doesn't give your body any health benefits, though. Fruit juice may have more sugar, but most fruit juices only contain sugar from the actual fruit. Tango won't supply you with antioxidants, vitamins or minerals like fruit juice does!
    • 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChemicalBond)
    Tango doesn't give your body any health benefits, though. Fruit juice may have more sugar, but most fruit juices only contain sugar from the actual fruit. Tango won't supply you with antioxidants, vitamins or minerals like fruit juice does!
    I would rather not have diarrhoea or diabetes than have vitamin deficiency.The sugar being natural doesn't change anything it is still very bad for you and I even watched an advert about healthy foods causing bad teeth and I hate how the NHS is promoting fruit juices as healthy because vitamin deficiency isn't as serious as diabetes and if someone was to have 2 litres of tango compared to 2 litres of fruit juice,the tango drinker would probably be healthier and fruit juice only gives you 1 of your 5 a day anyway.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I would rather not have diarrhoea or diabetes than have vitamin deficiency.The sugar being natural doesn't change anything it is still very bad for you and I even watched an advert about healthy foods causing bad teeth and I hate how the NHS is promoting fruit juices as healthy because vitamin deficiency isn't as serious as diabetes and if someone was to have 2 litres of tango compared to 2 litres of fruit juice,the tango drinker would probably be healthier and fruit juice only gives you 1 of your 5 a day anyway.
    well said, cant beat good old fruit and veg
    • 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    well said, cant beat good old fruit and veg
    You really can and personally I never eat more than 1 portion of fruit and vegetables a day,the need for the minerals in fruit and vegetables is generally exaggerated.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You really can and personally I never eat more than 1 portion of fruit and vegetables a day,the need for the minerals in fruit and vegetables is generally exaggerated.
    Oh god, this kid is back.

Mate, have you even taken your GCSE'S yet?

The need is greatly exaggerated is it? Please link the scientific / medical document that proves this fact then.

I read somewhere you think Tango is healthier than fruit juice because of the sugar content? Do you know the difference between naturally occuring sugar and refined sugar?

MATE. When EVERYONE that posts in your thread tells you that you're wrong, you need to take notice.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeAndBubbles)
    I'll check it out,

i would advice u to watch this http://chriskresser.com/the-saturate...y-five-seconds
Updated: May 27, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered nutrition and supplements threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.