Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A good diet or not?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to uni this year? Check out our new personal statement advice hub 28-11-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    Most of these diseases are just unpleasant and aren't very dangerous.
    So is being kicked in the *******s, you wouldn't seek that out would you?

It is hereditary so I haven't just got it and Anaemia isn't serious at all-I didn't know I had it until my mam told me recently.
    Have you ever come across the concept of irony?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    No.. 4 bowls of cereal a day!? Why? You're not eating proper meals. And pizza everyday? You have no variety in your diet. And you NEED to drink water.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have already got anaemia.Most of these diseases are just unpleasant and aren't very dangerous.
    Vitamin K deficiency means you can bleed to death, scurvy makes your teeth fall out and rickets isnt nice.
    • 63 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .snowflake.)
    Vitamin K deficiency means you can bleed to death, scurvy makes your teeth fall out and rickets isnt nice.
    I have never heard of Vitamin K being essential in any adverts and I have never actually even heard of the Vitamin or seen it in any of the ingredients on packets.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I have never heard of Vitamin K being essential in any adverts and I have never actually even heard of the Vitamin or seen it in any of the ingredients on packets.
    you really are thick
    • 63 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophie1985)
    you really are thick
    I have researched the vitamin and apparently it seems like it mainly appears in green vegetables,which I eat none of but I have only really heard of Vitamin C and D and Calcium as being really important and Fibre and Carbohydrates and Protein a bit as well but I have never heard much about Vitamin K.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophie1985)
    you really are thick
    You've taken the words right out of my mouth. I was going to say breathing is really important, but you don't have adverts reminding you to do that.
    • 63 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .snowflake.)
    You've taken the words right out of my mouth. I was going to say breathing is really important, but you don't have adverts reminding you to do that.
    breathing is automatic so there is no need to.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    breathing is automatic so there is no need to.
    If I were to cut the nerve between the medulla and the intercostal muscles it wouldn't be.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    It featured in an episode of House

http://house.wikia.com/wiki/The_Socratic_Method
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/HealthyEating.aspx
    http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/Change...Healthy+eating
    http://www.nhs.uk/livewell/goodfood/...hy-eating.aspx
    Needs to be bumped
    Surprised no-one posted this http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Nutrition
    Lemme tell you right now, being skinny doesn’t mean you’re healthy in the slightest. Can mean quite the opposite. You have lost weight in one of the worst ways possible really. Do you not find it sucks to be too tired to go out, or maybe not being able to carry your schoolbags for long? How do you find PE these days?
    A few things:
    Fat is good for you, but pizza and garlic bread everyday isn’t. (It’s not always real fat even). I bet it’s a bland margherita too. Pretty much every day. Food can be fun! But it’s like everything, variety is the spice of life, too much of it just makes you sick of it.
    I’m stressing not everyday, mate. Have it every few days if you fancy. You might find a little break makes it taste better even!
    -Tango<Fruit juice<yoghurt<real fruit+milk/real food in general. Tango isn’t real sugar.
    Your Chemistry teacher will tell you that saturated fat from meat and the like is better for you than a Tango. A bit of beef will help with the anaemia (not a MacDonalds or Burger King or any takeaway meat, btw). And again, you don’t need loads. It’s moderation.
    I could go on.
    However you claim to know all of this, quoting the likes of hydrogenated fats and admitting how unhealthy yet addictive they can be in excess, which makes me worry for you more. Most people don’t know that, you do. That gives you power.
    You say you prefer to have vitamin deficiencies than diabetes? What if I told you that, by not eating well (i.e. vitamin deficiency) your body will find it hard to deal with all the pizza (hydrogenated fat) and that will, not eventually, quite soon at this rate, make you diabetic AND vitamin-deficient? Double-whammy. You’re young, you can stop this.
    But really.
    Do you have a school nurse? Go to GP, say how you don’t know what to eat? Honestly, get some help.
    You only have one childhood, and one body. So please don’t abuse it like you currently are. It doesn’t get any easier.

:hugs:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    This thread is funny. Dalek is that still your diet or has it changed? I'd also like an update on how often you wee and poo
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Don't feed the troll
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scoobiedoobiedo)
    Don't feed the troll
    and definately dont feed him more pizza.
    • 63 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ROYP)
    This thread is funny. Dalek is that still your diet or has it changed? I'd also like an update on how often you wee and poo
    My diet has quite significantly changed with the removal of cereal,the new mixture of either ham sandwiches or yoghurts for tea and not banana or anything else and I now have instead of cereal,about 200g of chocolate/sweets.
    • 63 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riku)
    http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/HealthyEating.aspx
    http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/Change...Healthy+eating
    http://www.nhs.uk/livewell/goodfood/...hy-eating.aspx
    Needs to be bumped
    Surprised no-one posted this http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Nutrition
    Lemme tell you right now, being skinny doesn’t mean you’re healthy in the slightest. Can mean quite the opposite. You have lost weight in one of the worst ways possible really. Do you not find it sucks to be too tired to go out, or maybe not being able to carry your schoolbags for long? How do you find PE these days?
    A few things:
    Fat is good for you, but pizza and garlic bread everyday isn’t. (It’s not always real fat even). I bet it’s a bland margherita too. Pretty much every day. Food can be fun! But it’s like everything, variety is the spice of life, too much of it just makes you sick of it.
    I’m stressing not everyday, mate. Have it every few days if you fancy. You might find a little break makes it taste better even!
    -Tango<Fruit juice<yoghurt<real fruit+milk/real food in general. Tango isn’t real sugar.
    Your Chemistry teacher will tell you that saturated fat from meat and the like is better for you than a Tango. A bit of beef will help with the anaemia (not a MacDonalds or Burger King or any takeaway meat, btw). And again, you don’t need loads. It’s moderation.
    I could go on.
    However you claim to know all of this, quoting the likes of hydrogenated fats and admitting how unhealthy yet addictive they can be in excess, which makes me worry for you more. Most people don’t know that, you do. That gives you power.
    You say you prefer to have vitamin deficiencies than diabetes? What if I told you that, by not eating well (i.e. vitamin deficiency) your body will find it hard to deal with all the pizza (hydrogenated fat) and that will, not eventually, quite soon at this rate, make you diabetic AND vitamin-deficient? Double-whammy. You’re young, you can stop this.
    But really.
    Do you have a school nurse? Go to GP, say how you don’t know what to eat? Honestly, get some help.
    You only have one childhood, and one body. So please don’t abuse it like you currently are. It doesn’t get any easier.

:hugs:
    I don't eat enough fattening food like Pizza because I'm underweight so no I won't get diabetes,although I do eat a lot of sugar nowadays but use to have a loty more,when I had about 1.5 litres of grape juice a day(43% sugar per 250 ml) and you tell me 1.5 litres of Tango isn't healthier
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't eat enough fattening food like Pizza because I'm underweight so no I won't get diabetes,although I do eat a lot of sugar nowadays but use to have a loty more,when I had about 1.5 litres of grape juice a day(43% sugar per 250 ml) and you tell me 1.5 litres of Tango isn't healthier
    http://www.livestrong.com/thedailypl...ritvic/orange/

Amazingly I can't find any solid nutritional info on Tango online and I'm actually gonna have to check it out in the shops, but while grape juice isn't great as a staple diet, it does have some benefits like being made of grapes?
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/foo...rition/AN00576
    whereas Tango is fizzy yum in a can, more or less pure sugar. It's not actually fruit in there, it's a fizzy fruit sweetener, don't delude yourself. Plus the producers even admit to adding other stuff in like aspartame, saccharin and E numbers just to make it tastier, on top of the sugar: http://www.britvic.com/en/sitecore/c...Questions.aspx

I don't believe every single person who's at a low weight should be automatically told to gain weight if they know how to look after themselves (i.e. still have a balanced diet that suits their energy needs, get enough exercise, and haven't had any signs of physical or mental complications as cause or result). But let me put it bluntly to you mate, you ain't doing that, you've lost lots of weight from a silly and narrow meal plan, carry this on and it's gonna stunt your growth and yes, your future health.
    So as I said, go to the doctor or your school nurse, tell them that you've lost weight and ask how you can gain weight and see what they say. If they're a good doctor, they will probably tell you to eat some other stuff than pizza.

Oh, and put back in the cereal and stop eating sweets for breakfast everyday, now you're just being silly.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Dalek, please listen to reason. Your diet may well ruin your health if you're not careful. Eating 200g of sweets and chocolate is not going to do you any favours; in fact, you may be ruining your teeth and continuously eating this much could increase your chance of become diabetic in the future if you carry on. Tango won't do you any favours, either- grape juice may not be ideal, but it's miles better for you than Tango. You may be thin, but you're not eating well at all, but as Riku said, it's definitely not too late to change your diet. Talk to your doctor or to a nuse- living off pizza isn't going to make you a healthy weight. You will damage your health if you carry on, but you can change. Good luck. :hugs:
    • 63 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChemicalBond)
    Dalek, please listen to reason. Your diet may well ruin your health if you're not careful. Eating 200g of sweets and chocolate is not going to do you any favours; in fact, you may be ruining your teeth and continuously eating this much could increase your chance of become diabetic in the future if you carry on. Tango won't do you any favours, either- grape juice may not be ideal, but it's miles better for you than Tango. You may be thin, but you're not eating well at all, but as Riku said, it's definitely not too late to change your diet. Talk to your doctor or to a nuse- living off pizza isn't going to make you a healthy weight. You will damage your health if you carry on, but you can change. Good luck. :hugs:
    The Tango has about a third of the sugar of pure grape juices.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    The Tango has about a third of the sugar of pure grape juices.
    it may well do, but there's a difference between the sugar found in fruit, and the crap added to tango.
Updated: May 27, 2012
New on TSR

Exclusive Nick Clegg interview

Your questions answered by the deputy prime minister

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered nutrition and supplements threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.