The Student Room Group

English and Drama Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Joell3
Ahhh that's good to hear! I'm very nervous! I was just wondering what sort of things people wore? Were people mostly smart? :smile:

Smart casual. No one was in suits or anything but no one wore like short skirts or ripped jeans or whatever! So just go in something comfortable that you can do the monologue in :smile:
Reply 21
Interview, audition and written submission for Scriptwriting and Performance UEA :biggrin:
Reply 22
Uea said they'd get back to me today and they haven't wahhhhhh :'(
I have an interview at Queen Mary's!
Reply 24
Congratulations guys :smile: I just got an offer from UEA :biggrin:
Original post by Joell3
Congratulations guys :smile: I just got an offer from UEA :biggrin:

Brilliant well done!
Reply 26
Original post by meganabanana
Brilliant well done!

Thanks do you know your interview date at Leeds yet? Mines the 27th of January :smile:
Original post by Joell3
Thanks do you know your interview date at Leeds yet? Mines the 27th of January :smile:

How long did Leeds take to get back to you?
Original post by Joell3

Yes! Mine is also on the 27th of January so might see you there! :smile:
Original post by gemnomnom
I have an interview at Queen Mary's!

I also have an interview at Queen Mary's... tomorrow! Have you had yours yet? I'm so nervous!
Original post by meganabanana
Yes! Mine is also on the 27th of January so might see you there! :smile:

I also have a Leeds interview on the 27th, apparently they're really hard...
Reply 31
I'm not too worried about Leeds audition as UEA is where I think I really want to go :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by annakate7694
I also have an interview at Queen Mary's... tomorrow! Have you had yours yet? I'm so nervous!

See you there! Yes I am nervous too lol.
Reply 33
Interview at Warwick! Had a bit of a mare as it was the same day as my Leeds one but I emailed them and they said they'd put me on the Febuary interview day instead :smile:
Original post by Joell3
Interview at Warwick! Had a bit of a mare as it was the same day as my Leeds one but I emailed them and they said they'd put me on the Febuary interview day instead :smile:

Did you hear by email or post? Desperate!
Reply 35
Interview at Bristol for Drama and English on the 3rd of feb sooooo nervous only 36 people get an interview apparently, then only 12 of them actually get on the course!
Hello everyone!

So glad I found a thread for English and Drama applicants 2012 :smile:

I got an interview at Warwick for English and Drama, but I'm not sure what to expect. I tried to research how to prepare in vain. Has anyone had an interview at Warwick? What should I expect? Are there any books to read before the interview, and/or are we supposed to prepare to act as well?

Thanks and good luck with all your applications!
Reply 37
Original post by MostlyHarmless42
Did you hear by email or post? Desperate!

sorry for late reply... email! Have you heard yet?
I applied for English and Drama too! My choices are Bristol, Warwick, Manchester, Leeds and Sussex.

So far I have an offer from Sussex and interviews at Manchester and Leeds.

I really want to go to Bristol but I've heard it's really hard to get in and I haven't yet had anything more than an acknowledgment :frown:
Original post by Joell3
sorry for late reply... email! Have you heard yet?

No, not yet! I phoned and they said that academics were out of office until January 3rd and that not all of the interview invitations had been sent yet so not to worry...

So fingers crossed!

Quick Reply

Latest