The Student Room Group

English and Drama Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Just waiting for Warwick to get back to me now, eeeeeek I just want to do my firm and insurance!
Original post by Joell3
Just waiting for Warwick to get back to me now, eeeeeek I just want to do my firm and insurance!

Me too, except I'm waiting on Bristol. Good luck for Warwick, I'm just pleased that if I didn't have the balls to apply there, at least someone did :biggrin:

I think I'll firm Leeds and insurance Bristol if I get in. If not, Sussex!
Original post by dulciemae
This is exactly the position I'm in, (although I didn't apply to Warwick cos I just didn't think I'd get in!) I really liked Leeds but I've heard people say Manchester's a better city, though I've heard great things about both - so we'll see after my interview on the 7th March! ;D When's yours?

My interview is 7th as well :smile: Some of my family live in Manchester so I've visited the city a few times. I'm not sure which one I prefer either, but overall I've heard better things about Leeds, so I'm really gald i have that offer!

good luck for the interview! I'll maybe see you there tomorrow.
Original post by WingardiumLeviosa
My interview is 7th as well :smile: Some of my family live in Manchester so I've visited the city a few times. I'm not sure which one I prefer either, but overall I've heard better things about Leeds, so I'm really gald i have that offer!

good luck for the interview! I'll maybe see you there tomorrow.

Time will soon tell! Ahh, yeah maybe I'll see you tomorrow! I'll be the tall brunette shouting 'Wingardium Leviosaaa', yeah?!...or not. :biggrin:
Reply 124
Just got a Warwick offer :biggrin:
Reply 125
Well done! Were you a part of the first group interviewed, or the second group?
Reply 126
Original post by Joell3

Reply 127
What do people think about Bristol and Exeter, with regards to both the course and of course the Universities themselves in terms of employment prospects and reputation??
Reply 128
Original post by helena25

Thanks :smile: Second group! Chuffed I heard back fairly quickly, very tempted to firm it straight away but will visit one more time I think :tongue: I pinned all my hopes on UEA as I never truly believed Warwick would accept me, so now I'm slightly hesitant to turn down UEA without being absolutely sure :smile: Did you apply to Warwick?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 129
Original post by gemnomnom
Congratulations! I would love to be in your place. Five days, or five working days? Sorry to ask but that's just insanely quick, they must've loved ya :wink:

5 normal days not working days :smile: i've now changed my mind again and i'm going to royal holloway i think. i'm ridiculously indecisive!
Original post by Joell3

All five choices, yes? Well done <3
What do people think about Bristol and Exeter, with regards to both the course and of course the Universities themselves in terms of employment prospects and reputation??

I think both are excellent universities for English and Drama. Bristol is slightly more competitive. I've heard, however, that the drama courses at both are quite academic, so, for me, I applied to places with more practical drama courses as I'm hoping to go on to drama school after university. Having said that, you could always get involved with student drama.
Original post by Joell3
Thanks :smile: Second group! Chuffed I heard back fairly quickly, very tempted to firm it straight away but will visit one more time I think :tongue: I pinned all my hopes on UEA as I never truly believed Warwick would accept me, so now I'm slightly hesitant to turn down UEA without being absolutely sure :smile: Did you apply to Warwick?

Congratulations!
Reply 133
Original post by Joell3

I was in the second group too, just received an offer the other day! I'm absolutely delighted, I never thought I'd be offered a place either, so the day before I bought some very expensive train tickets to visit Bristol (a very lovely university too, and probably somewhere you would get more life experience)!

Will you definitely firm Warwick? I think I will....
Reply 134
I was in the second group too, just received an offer the other day! I'm absolutely delighted, I never thought I'd be offered a place either, so the day before I bought some very expensive train tickets to visit Bristol (a very lovely university too, and probably somewhere you would get more life experience)!

Will you definitely firm Warwick? I think I will....

Congratulations :smile: I'm going to visit Warwick and the surrounding area again this evening and tomorrow, if I like it as much I have the other times I see no reason not to put it as my firm :smile:
Reply 135
Firmed Warwick with UEA as my insurance :smile: I'M SO HAPPY/EXCITED/NERVOUS :')
Original post by Joell3
Firmed Warwick with UEA as my insurance :smile: I'M SO HAPPY/EXCITED/NERVOUS :')

Eeek! Well done!! Cambridge is my firm and UEA is also my insurance!
Can't believe it; offer from Warwick came through today! So happy!
Reply 138
I've switched to straight English at Leeds, but still English and Drama at UEA as insurance. Does anybody know when Leeds Freshers is i.e. when we have to travel up?
Reply 139
Original post by ek101
I've switched to straight English at Leeds, but still English and Drama at UEA as insurance. Does anybody know when Leeds Freshers is i.e. when we have to travel up?

What made you switch? I'm not sure but maybe you can find out on the website or something? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending