The Student Room Group

English and Drama Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
I need serious advice, my ucas deadline's appppprrroaaaching init and I've still not made my mind up between Leeds and Goldsmiths. Presuming I don't get into LAMDA.
As if, cough.

Anyway, the practical side is very important to me but I feel as if I'm cutting myself off from the theatre world slightly by moving further north, i.e. away from castings, potential agents, theatres.

Need advice, really sharpish.

Lottsalove xxx H
Reply 141
Original post by Sophia_x
Hey well done everyone for all the offers! I just got one from Leeds too, Holly! Conditional, but if i get the grades hopefully i'll see you (and all those who plan to accept their offers - wooo - from leeds) in september!!!
:biggrin:
xxx

Alrate chick, have you firmed Leeds for Eng and Theatre? xxx
Reply 142
Ey up everybody. Who's going to Leeds then? xxx
Original post by holly6946
Ey up everybody. Who's going to Leeds then? xxx

Me! (Hopefully!) And in 2013 so I kinda fail...
Reply 144
Original post by dulciemae
Me! (Hopefully!) And in 2013 so I kinda fail...

Oh we'll keep a seat warm for you xxx
Reply 145
Yeah i've firmed :smile: presuming i get the grades! But if its being too far away that you're worried about, ive been researching and there are lots of castings in north. also, you can have an agent in london and go down for auditions now and then or video castings?

thats my plan anyway, if anyone will have me :wink:

so is it between leeds, goldsmiths and lamda? xxx
Reply 146
Yeah i've firmed :smile: presuming i get the grades! But if its being too far away that you're worried about, ive been researching and there are lots of castings in north. also, you can have an agent in london and go down for auditions now and then or video castings?

thats my plan anyway, if anyone will have me :wink:

so is it between leeds, goldsmiths and lamda? xxx

I've firmed Leeds (: Didn't get past recall at LAMDA, I'll try again though.
Which halls are you going for? xxxxxx
Reply 147
I've firmed Leeds (: Didn't get past recall at LAMDA, I'll try again though.
Which halls are you going for? xxxxxx

I couldn't decide between James Baillie or Devonshire but i went for Devonshire in the end, you? :smile: when are you planning on trying LAMDA again, when you're at leeds or after? Im planning on doing leeds and then trying for 2/3 year courses at drama schools cos its such a hard industry and i would love to be part of it somehow but my parents say ive gotta have a degree as backup :/
xxx
Reply 148
I couldn't decide between James Baillie or Devonshire but i went for Devonshire in the end, you? :smile: when are you planning on trying LAMDA again, when you're at leeds or after? Im planning on doing leeds and then trying for 2/3 year courses at drama schools cos its such a hard industry and i would love to be part of it somehow but my parents say ive gotta have a degree as backup :/
xxx

I'm going for North Hill Court, not gotta lotta $.
Going to audition for drama schools again, maybe in my second and third year at uni, and if no joy for the 3 yr BA then I'll work and save up to do an MA in acting at RADA, LAMDA, Central, Rose Bruford etc. But I have no idea how I would fund a 3rd yr ba if I got on one eventually cus u only get student finance for your first degree, your second degree would have to be self funded... and an MA is £17,500 a year without any kind of funding.

It's not nice.

:frown: xxxx
Reply 149
yeah its tough, and we gotta pay for auditions as well :/

that sounds cool, what if you get in though while you are still at leeds?

glad you've decided on leeds though! gonna be good (if i get in :L)

xxx
Reply 150
yeah its tough, and we gotta pay for auditions as well :/

that sounds cool, what if you get in though while you are still at leeds?

glad you've decided on leeds though! gonna be good (if i get in :L)

xxx

If I get in when I'm at Leeds I drop out and start hardcore prostituion and drugs trials to fund drama school lol xxxxxx tis gunna be good, inbox me ur number so we can have a dramatic freshers ting
Reply 151
If I get in when I'm at Leeds I drop out and start hardcore prostituion and drugs trials to fund drama school lol xxxxxx tis gunna be good, inbox me ur number so we can have a dramatic freshers ting

aha no pain no gain :wink: well it be good to be going through all the crazy of drama stuff with someone else! will definitely need you to vent to lol
sure ill send it in a sec, freshers is going to be insane! xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending