The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
it is extremely hard and i would have a back up option if you really want to leave your current school. all 3 are important and also your attitude towards learning etc
Thanks. And i'm going to apply to several sixth forms including the one at my current school.
Reply 3
I just did the Sevenoaks entrance exams for sixth form yesterday, it wasn't too difficult. I think they base their decision mainly on the interview..
Reply 4
How was the general maths paper?
Reply 5
Original post by Pop95
How was the general maths paper?

It wasn't that bad just general algebra like quadratics and simultaneous equations and some basic graph questions etc, just make sure you leave enough time for the problem solving question at the end!
Reply 6
Hi guys I gave my Sevenoaks entrance exams in eco chem and geogo. I found them easy for some reason but I idk I might have made some silly errors. I'm an overseas student and apparently they call us for an interview if we pass in all our exams?
Anyone done similar subject like mine?
Reply 7
Original post by BomBom
I just did the Sevenoaks entrance exams for sixth form yesterday, it wasn't too difficult. I think they base their decision mainly on the interview..

Aren't you from the westminster thread :biggrin:
Which subject did you have your entrance exams in?
Reply 8
Original post by arshadb
Aren't you from the westminster thread :biggrin:
Which subject did you have your entrance exams in?

yeah I am! haha, I tried out with economics maths and latin. How did you find it? i found it much easier than Westminster for some reason!
Reply 9
Anyone do physics and Chen how'd you find them?
Reply 10
Original post by BomBom
yeah I am! haha, I tried out with economics maths and latin. How did you find it? i found it much easier than Westminster for some reason!

Same I found it much easier then Westminster
Do we have interviews by any chance?
Has Sevenoaks contacted you?

Edit- I contacted Sevenoaks today and they said they are still in the midst of gathering all the data from the tests and stuff
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Pop95
Anyone do physics and Chen how'd you find them?

I did chem. It was pleasant
Reply 12
Original post by arshadb
Same I found it much easier then Westminster
Do we have interviews by any chance?
Has Sevenoaks contacted you?

Edit- I contacted Sevenoaks today and they said they are still in the midst of gathering all the data from the tests and stuff

No I don't, but hopefully soon because I'm getting quite impatient! which one's your first choice between westminster and sevenoaks?
Reply 13
Original post by BomBom
No I don't, but hopefully soon because I'm getting quite impatient! which one's your first choice between westminster and sevenoaks?

Sevenoaks is my first choice cause I messsdd up my Westminster exams. Are you an overseas student? Ill b devastated if I don't get an interview at Sevenoaks because I'm definitely not getting one at Westminster and I have not applied to any other schools :confused::colone::eek:
How did u find the Sevenoaks exams
Reply 14
Original post by arshadb
Sevenoaks is my first choice cause I messsdd up my Westminster exams. Are you an overseas student? Ill b devastated if I don't get an interview at Sevenoaks because I'm definitely not getting one at Westminster and I have not applied to any other schools :confused::colone::eek:
How did u find the Sevenoaks exams

But what if you got into both would you still choose sevenoaks? Im sure you will get an interview at westminster they make the exams really hard of purpose! No i live in London, what about you?
Reply 15
Original post by BomBom
But what if you got into both would you still choose sevenoaks? Im sure you will get an interview at westminster they make the exams really hard of purpose! No i live in London, what about you?

Im an overseas applicant
Do you know when we get to know wether we have been I invited for an interview or not?
Reply 16
yeah when do we get interviews for SO if we get chosen, i'm presuming next year?
Reply 17
Original post by Pop95
yeah when do we get interviews for SO if we get chosen, i'm presuming next year?

Aren't interviews before they offer the places?
Reply 18
Original post by arshadb
Aren't interviews before they offer the places?

Yeah I think it will be Tuesday or wednesday
Reply 19
Areyou sure?
Who told you

Latest

Trending

Trending