The Student Room Group

A2 (Edexcel) Physics Unit 4 'Physics on the Move' - 24th January 2012

From the time of writing this, 101 days to go till this exam.

Potential areas of discussion:

Spoiler

Good luck to everyone taking it :yep:

Scroll to see replies

Am not liking the TRA section, MDM and the fundamental physics sections are alright. I personally do not mind it being an afternoon exam, means I get more time to revise in the morning :smile:
Haven't started revising yet, I've got Physics Unit 1 and S1 to finish before I start revising on my other exams, should start Unit 4 within the next two weeks, not particularly worried about C3 so that's fine being the day before.
However, the one thing I do have beef with is the extended questions, like the 6-8 mark questions. I forget absolutely everything for those type of questions and it's like, 'BAM, 10% of the marks lost'
But yeah, I hope it goes alright, aiming for a C :biggrin:
Got a B last year, retaking this one as well as Unit 5 and Unit 6!!

Best of luck :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by areyousure?
Got a B last year, retaking this one as well as Unit 5 and Unit 6!!

Best of luck :biggrin:

Will you be doing anything different this time round to get an A?
Original post by snow leopard
Will you be doing anything different this time round to get an A?

Well I have a A from AS and at A2 I got a C which made it a B overall... I guess this time I should actually focus on the subject!! But also I have improve my exam technique a lot!!
Reply 5
Hi guys!

Could you help me with this question? I need the explanation.

A train consists of a powered engine pulling two unpowered carriages.

The engine has a mass of 20000kg, and each carriage has a mass of 5000kg. When the engine
accelerates from rest it develops a thrust (driving force) of 15000N.
Ignoring resistive forces, what is the tension (pulling force) T in the coupling between carriage 1 and
carriage 2?

A 2500N
B 3750N
C 5000N
D 7500N
E 15000N
Reply 6
Original post by Mitosis
Hi guys!

Could you help me with this question? I need the explanation.

A train consists of a powered engine pulling two unpowered carriages.

The engine has a mass of 20000kg, and each carriage has a mass of 5000kg. When the engine
accelerates from rest it develops a thrust (driving force) of 15000N.
Ignoring resistive forces, what is the tension (pulling force) T in the coupling between carriage 1 and
carriage 2?

A 2500N
B 3750N
C 5000N
D 7500N
E 15000N

Unless that's a past exam question by Edexcel; post in the Physics part of the forum for any help on such questions as A) you'll receive better, more specfic help and B) we want to keep this thread relevant and clean, and not littered with random questions. These sorts of questions are only suitable if they're by Edexcel and peculiar in some way, where you know the answer and would like clarification/discussion on it. This way everyone benefits. As I said, seek direct answers from the Physics subforum. Thank you :smile:
Reply 7
Omg unit 4 next month
Reply 8
i think the exam will be easier than the one in june 2011.. that paper was a beast!
Reply 9
Original post by umaird
i think the exam will be easier than the one in june 2011.. that paper was a beast!

Did you sit that paper?
Reply 10
no i did that one as a mock.. and it was hard!
Reply 11
Very very very scared for this exam? Any tips for passing this?? Thankss (:
Reply 12
I'm also doin this paper, can u pls help me with links for revision,pls
Reply 13
Let's all hope it's easy
Reply 14
Original post by gcse_____

Original post by gcse_____
Let's all hope it's easy

I hope it is! About 2 weeks to go :/
Reply 15
My teacher says trying to do the unit 4 and 5 in june will be too hard, so we gotta get as best as possible 1st time round
Reply 16
any idea what might come up in the exam?
Wow, you started this thread early :tongue:
Original post by snow leopard

1. feelings on this being a PM examination?
2. thoughts on how you'll cope? (C3 is the day before Physics U4, C4 the day after)
3. your revision schedule; when did you start, how far are you, when do you expect to finish?
4. selfteaching or taught in class?
5. first time / retake?
6. think past exam papers have been fair/hard?
7. question predictions?
8. revision guide recommendations?
9. advice to others?
1. Doesn't make too much difference, probably a bit more tired by the afternoon though...
2. For me it's S2 the day before, but as those are my only two exams this month should be okay :biggrin:
3. My revision schedule is non-existant... which is slightly worrying considering I've done well in physics exams when I have had one :tongue:
4. Class
5. First time
6. Definitely harder than AS, although Edexcel physics has such low grade boundaries it doesn't matter too much
7. Errrm....
8. CGP revision guide. Although that reminds me, ought to look at the official Edexcel one.
9. Can't tell you my secrets! :eek: Mostly because I don't have any...
Reply 19
Ppl is June 2011 extremely different and difficult than other papers or is it just me .......

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending