The Student Room Group

A2 (Edexcel) Physics Unit 4 'Physics on the Move' - 24th January 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Xaerion
Anyone have any revision notes? this edexcel book sucks =P

It does. The only real alternative is the edexcel produced revision guide.
Original post by Killjoy-
The CGP one is quite good (I think)
Reply 82
Original post by Killjoy-

yeah, im going through that :biggrin:

Question - If a car is going over a humpback bridge, what is the force on the bridge at the very top? (i.e a circular motion plus forces question)
Original post by Xaerion
Question - If a car is going over a humpback bridge, what is the force on the bridge at the very top? (i.e a circular motion plus forces question)
The resultant force is equal to mv2r\frac{mv^2}{r}. If you know the weight of the car, you can work out the force the road is exerting on the car.
Does anyone know the raw marks for an A/A* for the last couple of exams? I remember my physics teacher say something along the lines of 54? I can't find them on the edexcel website ..

Thank you :smile:
Reply 85
Original post by EllaBella<3
Does anyone know the raw marks for an A/A* for the last couple of exams? I remember my physics teacher say something along the lines of 54? I can't find them on the edexcel website ..

Thank you :smile:

I'm pretty sure in a mock i did recently (can't remember which one, sorry) that my teacher said for an A you needed 54/80 and for A* you needed 57/80 :smile:
[or something similar]
Original post by Tom_L
I'm pretty sure in a mock i did recently (can't remember which one, sorry) that my teacher said for an A you needed 54/80 and for A* you needed 57/80 :smile:
[or something similar]

Thank you! I just want to get a rough idea of the kind of marks we need! :smile:
Original post by Tom_L
[or something similar]

Yeah, from looking at past grade boundaries that seems to be the average :smile:
Original post by areyousure?
Yeah, from looking at past grade boundaries that seems to be the average :smile:

Where can you find the past grade boundaries? I've searched the edexcel website and (probably stupidly ..) can't find them :L could you link them? :smile:
Reply 89
Original post by fluteflute
The CGP one is quite good (I think)

I use Advanced physics for you, The edexcel revision guide and textbook. They all plug each other's gaps.

I've never tried the CGP one so I can't comment.
Original post by EllaBella<3
Where can you find the past grade boundaries? I've searched the edexcel website and (probably stupidly ..) can't find them :L could you link them? :smile:

up to June 2009 http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Pages/grade-boundaries.aspx

Look for the ones that say GCE Units

Best of luck tomorrow
Original post by areyousure?
up to June 2009 http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Pages/grade-boundaries.aspx

Look for the ones that say GCE Units

Best of luck tomorrow

Thank you! :smile: And you!
Reply 92
What is the difference between the dynamo effect, the transformer effect and the motor effect?

The transformer effect is caused by the change in flux experienced by stationary charges and the motor effect is caused by the relative movement between mobile charges in a wire and a fixed field.
What about the dynamo effect- does it simply refer to the relative movement between flux and charge (i.e. both other effects) - or have I misunderstood?

NVM- I just found my notes.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 93
The exam is 2day..... Anyone ready for it??
Reply 94
Original post by d_94
The exam is 2day..... Anyone ready for it??

Guess I'll have to be :frown:
Weeeeeehhhh :frown:
Don't forget that discussion is banned on TSR immediately after the exam.
Reply 96
Original post by MHRed
Guess I'll have to be :frown:
Weeeeeehhhh :frown:

Hours to go :/
Reply 97
An hour to go. I'm ready for it and I'm optimistic {:
Discussion of this exam is not allowed until 4.30am tomorrow. Please read the annoucement: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/announcement.php?f=372&a=629

Best of luck to all!
Reply 99
How did you guys find it? Wait till the time passes to answer and please upload paper as soon as possible.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending