The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Liverpool 2012 Applicants!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LastHype
Ahh, I (sort of) live near Leicester! I never even knew Leeds did a physics course :/ what offer are you expecting from them? :smile:

I applied to Liverpool, Herts, Kent & Hull and they've all given me offers :biggrin: Sussex on the other hand...

First time I was applying I didn't want to apply to Leeds cos I thought they only did Physics & Astronomy...realised just in time that 'Physics & Astronomy' is the department..not the only course :colondollar: I live a few miles from the Uni, the city itself is awesome, can't wait to go there if I get an offer!
I'm hoping for a ABB like last year, but I've applied to the Access2Leeds scheme, where if I get an normal offer (and get a pass mark on the 2 essays that I need to do for A2L) then my A2L offer is BBC. I'll be lucky if I got that though:biggrin:

Ooh congrats!! Have you thought about your firm or insurance yet, or are you waiting for Sussex first?
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by Preetinder
First time I was applying I didn't want to apply to Leeds cos I thought they only did Physics & Astronomy...realised just in time that 'Physics & Astronomy' is the department..not the only course :colondollar: I live a few miles from the Uni, the city itself is awesome, can't wait to go there if I get an offer!
I'm hoping for a ABB like last year, but I've applied to the Access2Leeds scheme, where if I get an normal offer (and get a pass mark on the 2 essays that I need to do for A2L) then my A2L offer is BBC. I'll be lucky if I got that though:biggrin:

Ooh congrats!! Have you thought about your firm or insurance yet, or are you waiting for Sussex first?

I hope you get an offer then! :biggrin: I'm sure you're interview will be fine :smile: What are you predicted? If all goes well I'm planning to make Hertfordshire my firm, and possibly Hull my insurance. But if I've done really well in march, or Liverpool looks nice things could change! :smile:
I hope you get an offer then! :biggrin: I'm sure you're interview will be fine :smile: What are you predicted? If all goes well I'm planning to make Hertfordshire my firm, and possibly Hull my insurance. But if I've done really well in march, or Liverpool looks nice things could change! :smile:

Thankyou! :biggrin:
I'm predicted AABB (Maths, Psych, Physics, Chem), how about you?
Aah cool, well good luck with your exam results, hope we both get what we want for once :P
Thankyou! :biggrin:
I'm predicted AABB (Maths, Psych, Physics, Chem), how about you?
Aah cool, well good luck with your exam results, hope we both get what we want for once :P

I'm predicted AAB (Maths Business & Physics). But I'm also taking fMaths, Citizenship, General Studies & Chemistry at AS. I'm sure march will bring us good news! It's all about the positivity! :biggrin:
I'm predicted AAB (Maths Business & Physics). But I'm also taking fMaths, Citizenship, General Studies & Chemistry at AS. I'm sure march will bring us good news! It's all about the positivity! :biggrin:

Woahhhh 4 AS & 3 A2s?! You must be the most organised person ever!!
True, positive attitude = positive results!:biggrin:
Woahhhh 4 AS & 3 A2s?! You must be the most organised person ever!!
True, positive attitude = positive results!:biggrin:

I'm probably the most unorganised person ever, I did Citizenship & Chemistry at AS last year, so that makes it a little easier. No point wasting your life being negative! :biggrin:
Original post by Liam6993
Last year as in 2011, which could have been as recently as 12 days ago? No, you shouldn't be worried. If they'd already decided to reject you then they'd have rejected you via UCAS and you'd know about it.

Yes :colondollar: I applied in November. Thanks that's true!
Offer for Philosophy and Politics, ABB :P
Congrats to everyone who has had offers and to those who haven't heard anything, it's still early days. Has everyone been having a look at accommodation? It's best to do your research early and get in there quickly. All the best uni ones run out fast. Make sure you apply carefully. I am at mulberry court, which is on campus self catered accommodation. It's not quite as big as most uni halls. you can have between 3 and 8 sharing a kitchen. It's on campus which means you don't have to worry about waking up early to get buses and you can just roll out of bed into lectures. Good luck everyone! :biggrin:
Reply 229
Original post by christaphwoar
GCSE: A*AAAABBBCC
A LEVEL: AABC
COURSES: Biological Sciences, Biological and Medical Sciences
CHOICES: Kent, Cardiff, Lancaster and 2 coursed in Liverpool :smile:
Great uni in a fantastic location for me :smile: Does anyone know how quick they are with making decisions? I'm so nervous haha and I really hope they let me in :P

Already completed my A levels and on a gap year :P

Hey I was wondering through the TSR and noticed your post. Have you heard back from Liverpool?
If you had an interview there, they usually reply with 3-4 days via ucas. Or at least that was the case with me! Had my interview on Monday and got confirmation on ucas of my place today on ucas! :smile:
Good luck to you! :smile:
Reply 230
Original post by hali0112
Congrats to everyone who has had offers and to those who haven't heard anything, it's still early days. Has everyone been having a look at accommodation? It's best to do your research early and get in there quickly. All the best uni ones run out fast. Make sure you apply carefully. I am at mulberry court, which is on campus self catered accommodation. It's not quite as big as most uni halls. you can have between 3 and 8 sharing a kitchen. It's on campus which means you don't have to worry about waking up early to get buses and you can just roll out of bed into lectures. Good luck everyone! :biggrin:

Why have you chosen mulberry court, besides the close proximity to the uni? I need help deciding! I just received my offer from Liverpool which was my first choice so now all that's on my kind is where I'm going to live!!
What course have you enrolled for, or are you a current student? :smile:
Original post by Beeebzy
Why have you chosen mulberry court, besides the close proximity to the uni? I need help deciding! I just received my offer from Liverpool which was my first choice so now all that's on my kind is where I'm going to live!!
What course have you enrolled for, or are you a current student? :smile:

Hey, I am a first year medical student and I am in Mulberry Court at the moment.

pros

very central to the uni buildings, the guild, the student bar - less than 5 minutes away
we have a laundrette
rent is £82.95 a week
self catered - if you learn to budget on your expenses you can save a lot of money
tesco, subways, greggs, costa five minutes away
sainsbury's is 10 minutes away
15 minutes walk into town centre and Liverpool one - shops, clubs, bars, restaurants etc
there are some small pubs very nearby if you like a quiet drink
kitchens and bathrooms cleaned 3 times a week
very popular due to location so if you are interested apply as soon as they take applications. I was a gappie so was very lucky in getting a room here!
most student accomodation at Liverpool are more expensive than mulberry court

cons

the buildings are old and the furnishings and fittings are dated.
small kitchens with little cupboard space
shared fridge - often struggle for space to fit all your stuff
shared bathrooms
have between 3 and 8 sharing a kitchen.

hope this helps. :smile:
Original post by quarton1
Hurraah Just got a conditional offer for Geography (AAB) :biggrin:
Any other geographers on here?

Hi :smile: I am a geographer too :biggrin: so glad I have found someone else applying for Geography here seems like I am the only one :smile:
Congrats on your offer I have the same one!
Which geography have you applied for? :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 233
Hi I am a geographer too so glad I have found someone else applying for Geography here seems like I am the only one
Congrats on your offer I have the same one!
Which geography have you applied for?

Well donee!
BSc :smile: you? and which other uni's and courses have you applied for?
Original post by quarton1
Well donee!
BSc :smile: you? and which other uni's and courses have you applied for?

Awww I've applied for BA :smile:

Also applied for Lancaster, Keele, MMU, and Chester
What about you :smile: ?!
Reply 235
Guys has anyone received a reply from the Uni regrading the Fee Status Questionnaire?
Reply 236
Awww I've applied for BA

Also applied for Lancaster, Keele, MMU, and Chester
What about you ?!

Oh well haha,
I've applied for Manchester, Newcastle, Nottingham and John Moores :smile:
Original post by forex
Guys has anyone received a reply from the Uni regrading the Fee Status Questionnaire?

Nope! I emailed them again because I got an offer acknowledgement email saying I was 'overseas' although I don't think I should be! They said that they're still reviewing fee statuses and that until then people are considered 'overseas' until they've made their final decision.
Hope that helped :smile:
Reply 238
Original post by GloriaPenguin
Nope! I emailed them again because I got an offer acknowledgement email saying I was 'overseas' although I don't think I should be! They said that they're still reviewing fee statuses and that until then people are considered 'overseas' until they've made their final decision.
Hope that helped :smile:

Thanks. It's ridiculous though.They have had my Questionnaire since early November. I'm worried that they will give me their decision after the UCAS deadline of choosing firm/insurance choice. Thus they obviously will tell me to pay International fees. I know this happened to a couple of people at Manchester, Exeter and Kings College London.
Reply 239
Got an interview on 1st of feb for physics/astrophysics

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending