The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Liverpool 2012 Applicants!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by padfoot-and-prongs
Firmed Liverpool for veterinary medicine. Now to get ready for freshers :biggrin: Also applied for Derby and Rathbone as 1st and 2nd choice for halls - anyone else there too? (Gladstone and Roscoe 3rd choice)

Yay me too!! Have you joined the fb group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/139881786141557/
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Yay me too!! Have you joined the fb group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/139881786141557/

Thanks! Have just now :biggrin:
Hi I'm Alex :smile:

GCSE: 3A* 6A 3B

AS: ABCD (Maths, Sport & PE, Economics, Further Maths)
A2 predictions: ABB (Maths, Sport & PE, Economics)

Course: Mathematics & Economics (GL11)

Why: The offer best suited my predicted grades and I stayed in Liverpool overnight before the course Open Day and loved the city.

Choices: Nottingham, Liverpool, Lancaster, Newcastle, Reading

Liverpool is my insurance with Nottingham as my firm because it's so close to me, but it's very unlikely I'll get the grades for Nottingham so I'm really excited about going to Liverpool :smile:
Reply 443
GCSE: A*A*AAABBBBCCC
AS:AABBC(Economics Psychology Biology Maths Gov&Politics)
Predicted A2: AAB (Econ Psy Bio)
Firm:u:niversity of Liverpool BA Business Economics
Insurance: UEA Bsc Econ
Why: Beautiful Management School, nice campus and city
Original post by annabelisme
Just firmed for Economics and maths. Anyone else?

Hello yes I have too! It's my insurance but I'm 99% sure I won't get my firm choice, I accepted before March results day :P
Reply 445
Hey!, anyone in architecture?
hi friends,anyone holding an unconditional offer letter to study Msc International Business course in the university of liverpool?????
Reply 447
Does anyone know about any information for fresherrrrs? :smile:) x
Reply 448
nothing haha, i wanna know the same
Reply 449
Just accepted an offer for Derby and Rathbone self-catered :biggrin:
It said that the date for arrival is the 16th. I have a flight ticket on the 15th, any ideas? Wouldn't like to spend money on a hotel... Maybe couch surfing?
Original post by harrieth93
Liverpool is my firm choice for English, Politics & Communications, excited :biggrin: is there anyone else doing a similar course?!

Im doing English and Communications :biggrin:
Original post by sammyrifkin
Im doing English and Communications :biggrin:

ah good! i was beginning to think i was the only one...
ah good! i was beginning to think i was the only one...

I'm doing straight English, might be together for some core modules maybe!:smile:
Original post by laurennmc
I'm doing straight English, might be together for some core modules maybe!:smile:

oh cool! i swear pretty much everybody i've come across so far has been doing sciences of some sort. yeah i'd imagine so!
oh cool! i swear pretty much everybody i've come across so far has been doing sciences of some sort. yeah i'd imagine so!

I know! Haven't found many English courses, I haven't found any for straight English yet, just those doing it combined :P
Reply 455
So far I haven't found anyone who is planning on going to Liverpool to do Music and Maths joint honours. Know people going to other places to do it though. Anyone doing music or maths in general?
Hello, I am applicant to the university of Liverpool. I am from Poland, and I am searching for suitable flat for me. To be honest prices of university accommodations are really too high for me. Maybe one of you is looking for a partner to rent a flat, or can provide me a web site, where I can find someone with the same problems.
I have also a lot of questions about university, and problems with living in England. For example, how the loan system work? I make an application in time, but I haven’t received an answer. I am also train swimming, so I dream about accommodation near to university swimming pool. Can you tell me which place will be the most suitable?
Hi Guys!
I'm starting at Livs in Sept studying Veterinary Medicine, I've got my housing in Capital Gate one of the unite properties but I'm a bit nervous that there won't be a lot of people from UoL there. Is anyone else on here going to be living there?
Reply 458
Original post by stephjess
So far I haven't found anyone who is planning on going to Liverpool to do Music and Maths joint honours. Know people going to other places to do it though. Anyone doing music or maths in general?

I'm going for Popular Music :-)
Reply 459
Original post by Unnamed_042
Hello, I am applicant to the university of Liverpool. I am from Poland, and I am searching for suitable flat for me. To be honest prices of university accommodations are really too high for me. Maybe one of you is looking for a partner to rent a flat, or can provide me a web site, where I can find someone with the same problems.
I have also a lot of questions about university, and problems with living in England. For example, how the loan system work? I make an application in time, but I haven’t received an answer. I am also train swimming, so I dream about accommodation near to university swimming pool. Can you tell me which place will be the most suitable?

If you want cheaper accommodation, you will have to go for something outside the city centre, and therefore also away from the fitness centre on Campus. There are a lot of student properties along the Smithdown Road area. If you look at www.gumtree.co.uk and choose Liverpool, I'm sure you'll be able to find something there. But! You will have to fork out for bus tickets, unless you have a bike or something like that.

In regards to your loan, I would contact Student Finance England and their European Team (details here: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Directories/DG_6000071).

Anyway, I hope that was helpful to you :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending