The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York Applicants 2012!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Azza919
still waiting for anything for history and politics :smile: sent application in november; really want an offer!

Me too... same course... no offer (hopefully/ yet) :frown:
Ever so maddening!!!
University of York
York
Reply 1021
Original post by Morganb804
Me too... same course... no offer (hopefully/ yet) :frown:
Ever so maddening!!!

to be quite honest, i'm not even expecting an offer, my grades suck haha! just want a decision to put me out of my misery :frown:
Original post by wikiellie
I'm still waiting to hear for History. I sent them an e-mail about 2 weeks ago (considering that I have heard from all of the other universities as I sent my application off in September, and I believe York are messing me around), asking them for reasons why they still hadn't replied, and the comment: ' our selectors have until the 31st March. Yours Sincerely, the Admissions Team'. Considering that about 9 other people I know have already heard, and some of us are now having to worry about selecting accomodation for our 'eventual' Firm choices, I think this deliberate slowness is remarkably impertinent and unnecessary!

I'm in the same situation and also sent mine off in September so don't worry you're not alone.

I've been told about people who got offers right at the end of February after applying really early, York just seems to be a bit erratic with their offer timings.
Reply 1023
Original post by JXamie
Currently a first year at York studying for an MMath. Staying in New Vanbrugh. If anyone has any questions about the course/accomadation/uni-life etc. feel free to ask :smile:

Hi. I will be studying for the BSc Economics. I know this is probably different for different departments but, in a general sense, how approachable would you say your lecturers are? I watched a video on the university's website and they make it seem like it is really easy to approach any professor in your department to clarify your doubts but is obvious they would want to make it seem that way in order to attract prospective students. Through your own experience, would you say this is mostly true? Thanks. :smile:
Reply 1024
Original post by fiona_x
Most probably, won't be there for 11am though so will just pop in for the last 15 minutes. Are you?

Yeh I should be going, see you there :smile:
Is York your first choice?
Original post by Azza919
to be quite honest, i'm not even expecting an offer, my grades suck haha! just want a decision to put me out of my misery :frown:

Haha... the same, plus I'm year 14 (not cus I failed any subjects though). What was your predictions?
Hopefully we'll both get offers... I've slowly come to love York
Reply 1026
Original post by Seanm1994
Yeh I should be going, see you there :smile:
Is York your first choice?

I probably will be, there's a small chance I may be going alone so I think it's my best chance to be adopted by someones parents :P
Out of the offers I've got so far, then yes :smile: But I havent visited any of them so just going to go to all the open days and see - how about you?
Reply 1027
Original post by Morganb804
Haha... the same, plus I'm year 14 (not cus I failed any subjects though). What was your predictions?
Hopefully we'll both get offers... I've slowly come to love York

I'm predicted AAA, but I only got ABB last year... my GCSEs are average aswell so im not putting all my hopes on York, besides I live about 40mins away so might prefer somewhere further away... hmmmmm :/
Reply 1028
I've applied for two courses at York, Sociology and Sociology with Criminology :smile:
GCSE: A*AAAAABBBBB
A2 Predictions: AAB

Any other Sociology applicants or anyone going to the applicant day on 15/02/12?
Reply 1029
Original post by currya
I've applied for two courses at York, Sociology and Sociology with Criminology :smile:

Any other Sociology applicants or anyone going to the applicant day on 15/02/12?

I'm going to the applicant day :smile: I'm not a sociology applicant but I think its it the same college - Langwith?? :smile: I want to do education with some modules in sociology in my second and third year
Original post by currya

Yes & yes to both questions :smile:
Finally got an offer from York for English Language and Linguistics!! :biggrin: The conditions are to "successfully complete diploma plus satisfactory" and there's another line below that says "GCE O' Level English certificate". Does anyone happen to know what they mean by 'satisfactory' here?

P.S: I am an international student from Singapore.

Still waiting for their decision on the English/Linguistics course though, that's the one I really want.
Reply 1032
Original post by Tay594
Hello :smile:
I was just wondering if you have or haven't received an offer from York yet?

nope :frown: I just want them to hurry up! Considering I sent my application in September as well.. I just want them to get back so I cant sort out accomodation with firm uni choice etc once I know!

so anoying that they are taking so long!
Reply 1033
Original post by Hooby
I'm going to the applicant day :smile: I'm not a sociology applicant but I think its it the same college - Langwith?? :smile: I want to do education with some modules in sociology in my second and third year

I think Sociology is in Wentworth, the postgraduate college :smile:
Original post by Arnold94
nope :frown: I just want them to hurry up! Considering I sent my application in September as well.. I just want them to get back so I cant sort out accomodation with firm uni choice etc once I know!

so anoying that they are taking so long!

I'm in the same boat and I feel exactly the same :frown: Applied on October 8th and still waiting... It's quite frustrating.
What did you apply for?
Reply 1035
Does anyone know when we start applying for accommodation?
Reply 1036
Original post by currya
Does anyone know when we start applying for accommodation?

According to the website, it is not until the first week of August.
Reply 1037
Original post by xraphx
According to the website, it is not until the first week of August.

Thankyou,that seems pretty late
After your results in august you will receive an email then you can apply then, the emails will be sent out in random batches over 2 days if i remember correctly and then you pick your accommodation then.
Reply 1039
Original post by Pavlina
Me too! On the 15th. A bit nervous, when's yours? :smile:

Same day :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest