The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York Applicants 2012!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1240
Just firmed for History so I'm definitely headed to York in October.
Just need to amuse myself for 6 months first...
University of York
York
Firmed :biggrin:

Just need to get AAB now!! yayaya :smile:
Which college is famous for outstanding social life?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by fiona_x
Just firmed for History so I'm definitely headed to York in October.
Just need to amuse myself for 6 months first...

I know that feeling!
I have an interview at York Law School next Wednesday, what can I expect?

I'm going to assume that a suit is not needed but the dress code would smart-casual.

Any help would be great.
Original post by admbeatmaker
I have an interview at York Law School next Wednesday, what can I expect?

I'm going to assume that a suit is not needed but the dress code would smart-casual.

Any help would be great.

Maybe smartish trousers and a smart shirt? Maybe with a lightish smart jumper if it's chilly?

I wouldn't bother with a tie.
Reply 1246
Original post by tommy1311
I know that feeling!

Gap year?
Original post by fiona_x
Gap year?

*Gap Yah!

:tongue:
Original post by Historophilia
Maybe smartish trousers and a smart shirt? Maybe with a lightish smart jumper if it's chilly?

I wouldn't bother with a tie.

My thoughts almost exactly.
Original post by fiona_x
Gap year?

Erm....Something like that yeah! :tongue:

Missed my firm and chose not to go to my insurance last year, basically.
Original post by admbeatmaker
My thoughts almost exactly.

Well good luck! Fingers crossed!
Well good luck! Fingers crossed!

Thank you :colondollar:
Reply 1252
*Gap Yah!

:tongue:

Oops my mistake! So excited for all the wonderful gap yah stories we can all share :tongue:

Erm....Something like that yeah! :tongue:

Missed my firm and chose not to go to my insurance last year, basically.

Ahh fair enough. Which subject?
Original post by fiona_x
Oops my mistake! So excited for all the wonderful gap yah stories we can all share :tongue:

Ahh fair enough. Which subject?

Politics :smile: Did some resits in January, although I didn't need to. Now I just have to send the certificates and wait it out!
Original post by Azza919
congrats on your offer! I was recently rejected for H+P by Warwick too. I'm still waiting on York, what are your grades etc.. like? if you don't mind :smile:

thanks for the congrats!, sorry for the wait. I was quite surprised to receive an offer, im nothing exceptional.

I got ABBD for at AS - History (190/200), law (156/200), business (156/200) and maths (dropped)

predicted - A*A*A

After my January tests i smashed most of them so im quite comfortable to get my 3 As and perhaps a couple of A*s.

Gcses i got 6As, 5Bs and 3Cs - 1D for PE haha.

Good luck man!
Reply 1255
Politics :smile: Did some resits in January, although I didn't need to. Now I just have to send the certificates and wait it out!

Sounds more productive than me pissing around at university for 6 months! :P Good luck! :smile:
Original post by fiona_x
Sounds more productive than me pissing around at university for 6 months! :P Good luck! :smile:

Why'd you choose to re-apply? Course wasn't right?
Reply 1257
Original post by AverageExcellence
thanks for the congrats!, sorry for the wait. I was quite surprised to receive an offer, im nothing exceptional.

I got ABBD for at AS - History (190/200), law (156/200), business (156/200) and maths (dropped)

predicted - A*A*A

After my January tests i smashed most of them so im quite comfortable to get my 3 As and perhaps a couple of A*s.

Gcses i got 6As, 5Bs and 3Cs - 1D for PE haha.

Good luck man!

your predictions are really good! 190/200 is impressive! my grades are similar to yours, but my A2 exams thus far have gone horrific, just like my coursework for history. I really want an offer, but doubt it! erghhhhh.
Original post by Azza919
your predictions are really good! 190/200 is impressive! my grades are similar to yours, but my A2 exams thus far have gone horrific, just like my coursework for history. I really want an offer, but doubt it! erghhhhh.

What grades have you got if you dont mind me asking? they wont know your performance this year i dont think so if you think you can improve in retakes then you should be ok, i think the personal statement are the major factors.

What topic is your coursework on? ive just handed in my cold war on gorbachev and the collapse of the ussr and ive done a stalin and the west one :smile:
Reply 1259
Original post by AverageExcellence
What grades have you got if you dont mind me asking? they wont know your performance this year i dont think so if you think you can improve in retakes then you should be ok, i think the personal statement are the major factors.

What topic is your coursework on? ive just handed in my cold war on gorbachev and the collapse of the ussr and ive done a stalin and the west one :smile:

erm well GCSEs are (all including btecs erghhhh)
roughly, 4A*10A,2Bs...

AS, AABBC (english lit, general studies (lol) history, economics, french)
with retakes, at A2, i'm now on effectively A*ABB (english lit, history, economics, gen studs)

so yeah, not brilliant.

my coursework was on the Boer War. SO BORING. I wish we could have done the USSR etc..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending