The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York Applicants 2012!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ryonelle
I got an offer from York!^^ I'm sooo happy!

I want to ask about the accommodation: I will get my results in June. Does anybody knows long will it take for the uni to confirm it (a week or 2 weeks after I have send them my results?) and do u think I will be able to apply for accommodation in June or I will have to wait until August? Many thanks!!!!!!

Most people apply for their accommodation in August, after after results day (everyone with Conditional offers that is) but anyone with an Unconditional offer gets to choose in August before results day some time.

So no you wouldn't be able to apply for it in June, but if they do change your offer to Unconditional when you give them your results you would be able to apply earlier than most offer holders.
University of York
York
Reply 1341
Original post by Historophilia
Most people apply for their accommodation in August, after after results day (everyone with Conditional offers that is) but anyone with an Unconditional offer gets to choose in August before results day some time.

So no you wouldn't be able to apply for it in June, but if they do change your offer to Unconditional when you give them your results you would be able to apply earlier than most offer holders.

Thanks a lot for your reply.
Reply 1342
Well it's done, firmed York about an hour ago to read Law, a little nervous about needing to get AAA but I think I can do it :smile:.
Anyway, I'd like to chat to other people who are hopefully York bound this year, especially those doing Law, so please drop me a message, would be nice to get to know some people :smile:
Hey can someone help me please, ive accidently deleted my account details for york@you and i cant remember them. I tried to find a 'forgot password' recovery but i cant find it.

Any help will be great as i need to log on to confirm im going to the visit day on the 24th!
Original post by AverageExcellence
Hey can someone help me please, ive accidently deleted my account details for york@you and i cant remember them. I tried to find a 'forgot password' recovery but i cant find it.

Any help will be great as i need to log on to confirm im going to the visit day on the 24th!

Just email the admissions team, I'm sure they can help? :confused:
Original post by admbeatmaker
Just email the admissions team, I'm sure they can help? :confused:

I would but they normally take ages to reply and i dont want to run the risk of not having them contact me before the 24th, it took them 3 weeks to contact me back from my last question.

but i suppose i have little choice, its not really a good set up really
Best you could do then is email them Tuesday morning. Remember it is a public holiday.
Original post by xoxjubixox
Hi, I'll be heading to York to do F&TV in Sept/Oct! The degree is a BSc though.. gives you the opportunity to take a much more technical approach if you'd like to as well :smile: what is your offer? Hopefully see you there.

Oh yeah it is a BSc, I don't know why I put BA...all my other choices are, that's probably why haha! Definitely better that it tips theory and practice, i think it's 50/50 right? My offer's AAB, how about yours?? :smile: but the best thing is that we don't start until October haha :cool:
I am in touching distance of meeting my offer :biggrin:
Original post by Bha-weeshes
Oh yeah it is a BSc, I don't know why I put BA...all my other choices are, that's probably why haha! Definitely better that it tips theory and practice, i think it's 50/50 right? My offer's AAB, how about yours?? :smile: but the best thing is that we don't start until October haha :cool:

I got my A Levels last year and am on a gap year so it's unconditional :smile: Cannot wait to go. I know! It's so late, I'm not sure why! :smile: :smile: really looking forward to it.
Is there a good night life/social life at york? i talk to some people and they seem put off by the lack of it (as they assume). Dont get me wrong i do want a good degree and a serious education but i do want a little fun throughout my time there. Anyone have any light to shed on it lol
There must be a good nightlife, there are two universities there.
Reply 1352
I really cannot decide whether to choose York... I've applied for History. Are there any current students who could tell me a bit what the course is like, what their experiences are, etc?
Reply 1353
Original post by cbyrnex
I really cannot decide whether to choose York... I've applied for History. Are there any current students who could tell me a bit what the course is like, what their experiences are, etc?

I'm in the same boat (putting York as my first choice for certain though)

What are your other choices?
I'm assuming you have another similar/"better" uni around where you've put York?
Reply 1354
@thetobbit oh so you've also applied for History? Well I'm considering Exeter as well.. I think the course is great at both; York has a lot of variety, but what I'm ultimately unsure about is the other stuff it offers - extra curricular, employability prospects, sport, etc. I'm not a party animal or anything but Exeter offer lots and lots :smile: you?
Reply 1355
Original post by cbyrnex
@thetobbit oh so you've also applied for History? Well I'm considering Exeter as well.. I think the course is great at both; York has a lot of variety, but what I'm ultimately unsure about is the other stuff it offers - extra curricular, employability prospects, sport, etc. I'm not a party animal or anything but Exeter offer lots and lots :smile: you?

I was at Exeter for 6 months and have firmed York this year for History so could probably give a pretty good comparison. What aspects of the unis are you interested in?
Original post by cbyrnex

I think that York would be better for nightlife, it has 2 unis and Exeter is quite small. I've also never heard anything good about Exeter's nightlife. Beautiful part of the country though, although saying that, so is York.

I'm not sure, but if you're torn and not a party animal (both places would be fun, theyre 20,000ish students, so how could it be dead?), just go for course content.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1357
@fiona_x Oh that's helpful. I think the course at York looks great; but I really wasn't a fan of the campus (as shallow as that sounds). Exeter also offered a greater range of extra-curricular stuff; for example, I love tennis, and Exeter has an LTA tennis centre; York's facilities weren't great. Both are beautiful parts of the country but York is far for me (4-5 hours away). I'm so indecisive..
Sounds like Exeter's for you, go for it. There's nothing in it between reputation so you should make your choice based on what you have just written.
Hopefully doing to do Chemistry at York! :biggrin:
Can't freaking wait!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending