The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York Applicants 2012!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
Original post by cvety
Oh that's so cool...I'm really happy you've choosen York :colondollar: Hope to meet you there.

And don't listen to your brother. Brothers usualy do whatever they can to annoy their sisters (my brother) :smile:

Hey doll!..

Yes i have firmed York, I thought I send you a PM about it, but I think the website timed out, so it didn't get sent!..But I'v just sent you a message regarding that lol...

I understand where my brother is coming from, and because he studies sciences too, he knows that I might feel disappointed with the course structure and content later.
University of York
York
Original post by shan_281
Ohhh, Biology, very nice. Yeh I heard the Uni and its department are ace, which is why I was soo confused!..

I'v applied for Genetics, and yes I have firmed, but its complicated. What Accomo are you applying for?...do you know which one is the closest to the Science/Genetics/Biology department?

Yep, York for biosciences is only second to like oxbridge, durham I don't like and UCL and sheffield course were terrible :P not my kind, York was great! so went for it :biggrin:

I think james is closest and also vanburgh :smile: but I guess I'll go for langwith, it's newer accomodation so more my type plus I don't wanna feel as if I'm living inside the uni all year!
Hes east is a bit further so I'm gonna enjoy the peace and isolation there :P
If I did get into York, would I be able to defervmy entry, seeing as I didn't defer it on my UCAS application?
Original post by NeonIndian
If I did get into York, would I be able to defervmy entry, seeing as I didn't defer it on my UCAS application?

I don't think you can do that. You'd have to ring up and ask if they'll change your offer.
Original post by NeonIndian

It's certainly possible (York and a couple of other universities let me defer after I got offers), but there's no guarantee that the university will agree to it. Email them and ask :smile:
Original post by JohnJoe
Congratulations on your offer! Have you firmed yet? =]

You can tell I don't go on TSR very often...
I have now firmed :smile: Can't wait! (assuming I get in, of course)
Reply 1386
Hey, is there anyone here who's firmed York for maths??
Reply 1387
Hi all! :biggrin:
Just saying that I have also chosen York as my firm choice :smile: Today was the day when information about possible re-sits were given out to those who performed badly and I have received none which may most likely mean that my exams went well - hope to see you all very soon! :smile:)
York has a reputation for bullying and harassment, I think that you should carefully consider whether that is the uni that you want to attend.
Original post by LawKiddo
York has a reputation for bullying and harassment, I think that you should carefully consider whether that is the uni that you want to attend.

It can't be much of a reputation if nobody's heard it.
Hey, does anyone know when reading lists come out? I'm thinking history specifically but just a general idea would be good... I've deferred so I'm not entirely certain when mine will be sent
Original post by flandalf
Hey, does anyone know when reading lists come out? I'm thinking history specifically but just a general idea would be good... I've deferred so I'm not entirely certain when mine will be sent

There is a reading list for history?? Why was I never informed about this? Yeah, when do we get it?
Original post by Super Cicero
There is a reading list for history?? Why was I never informed about this? Yeah, when do we get it?

I should think there will be, though I could be wrong... my cousin did the same course and I'm pretty sure he had reading to do :P
Wow you guys have been busy on here, better reveal my hand considering York is my firm choice.

GCSEs: A*A*A*AAAABBBB
AS Levels: AAAB
Predicted A2 grades: A*AA. Studying Music, English combined and Early Modern History.
Why York? Very respected course, quite innovative and modern, also fairly diverse. York is miles away from my humble abode of Somerset, but I found the city stunning when I visited last year. :smile:

Hoping to study music at York, with a conditional offer. I'm not feeling up to reading 70 pages to find out who else is studying music, but I'll look later just in case, wonderful York people. :biggrin:
Original post by theOLAMour
Wow you guys have been busy on here, better reveal my hand considering York is my firm choice.

GCSEs: A*A*A*AAAABBBB
AS Levels: AAAB
Predicted A2 grades: A*AA. Studying Music, English combined and Early Modern History.
Why York? Very respected course, quite innovative and modern, also fairly diverse. York is miles away from my humble abode of Somerset, but I found the city stunning when I visited last year. :smile:

Hoping to study music at York, with a conditional offer. I'm not feeling up to reading 70 pages to find out who else is studying music, but I'll look later just in case, wonderful York people. :biggrin:

Ooh, just perchance I've firmed music too! Unfortunately not convinced I'll get the specified A grade at the moment as my listening exam was a disaster but hopefully I'll exceed the offer in my other subjects and scrape in... York was so brilliant when I visited the dept :smile:
Reply 1395
I've got a confirmed place at York, can't wait to start. Thinking Derwent college or James college? anyway I'm studying Biochemistry :smile:
Reply 1396
GCSE: A*A*A*A*A*AAAABB
AS: AAAB
A2 predictions: AAA
Course: Spanish and Linguistics
Why: Nice city and good size, enthusiastic lecturers, attractive course, the students seem down-to-earth, good graduate prospects
Choices: York, Leeds, Edinburgh, Sheffield, Essex :smile:
Choices: York, Leeds, Edinburgh, Sheffield,

Hai fiveeee. Same as you, also (hopefully going to york :tongue: ) may just have deffo quoted you on the firmers thread.. haha
Reply 1398
Original post by Inquisitive Mind
Hello, I want to study History and my firm choice is Exeter (A*AA) and my insurance is York. I'm currently doubting that I'm going to be able to get the A* grade I need, so it looks like I'll probably have to go to York - unless I take a gap year, which I am considering.

If I only get AAA and I do decide to go to York, then I'm really worried, because while I've been to the open day and visit day for History, I haven't really looked round all the different colleges. How should I decide which accomodation I want to live in??

Help?! :s-smilie:

Well don't let us force you...
Original post by Inquisitive Mind
Hello, I want to study History and my firm choice is Exeter (A*AA) and my insurance is York. I'm currently doubting that I'm going to be able to get the A* grade I need, so it looks like I'll probably have to go to York - unless I take a gap year, which I am considering.

If I only get AAA and I do decide to go to York, then I'm really worried, because while I've been to the open day and visit day for History, I haven't really looked round all the different colleges. How should I decide which accomodation I want to live in??

Help?! :s-smilie:

I didn't have a chance to look at accomodation either, this website has all the information you could need: http://www.york.ac.uk/about/departments/support-and-admin/accommodation/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending