The Student Room Group

TfL (Transport For London) graduate scheme - 2012 intake

Just wondering if anybody is applying or thinking of applying for this? Really interested in going for the transport planning scheme and just wondered if anybody else is considering any areas of TFL to apply for.

Would be interesting to hear of anybody's experiences of the graduate scheme from previous years too. Does anybody know how many people are taken on each year?

I want to get my hands on that free public transport Oyster card! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Worth going for, for the card alone!! Looks a good scheme as it takes on people from a wide range of backgrounds. Even History grads have a shot at the General and Project Management schemes! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Nitebot
Worth going for, for the card alone!! Looks a good scheme as it takes on people from a wide range of backgrounds. Even History grads have a shot at the General and Project Management schemes! :smile:

Yeah exactly - there's a really broad range of areas which means it gives opportunities to all sorts of people, which is cool :smile:

Would be pretty interesting helping shape how millions of people get around every day in one of the world's greatest cities too!
Reply 3
I'm also considering applying for the transport planning scheme, think it looks really good :-) I have seen that they are taking 50 graduates this year
Reply 4
So annoyed I missed the Press Office internship deadline. Grrrr.
Reply 5
I've applied before and got to the penultimate stage. Whether to try again...
Reply 6
Original post by ice_cube
I've applied before and got to the penultimate stage. Whether to try again...

Hey - which scheme did you go for previously, out of interest? How did you find the process, did you get to the telephone interview?
Has anyone heard back? I applied a few weeks ago and I haven't heard anything at all :redface:
Reply 8
Original post by Tensa_Zangetsu
Has anyone heard back? I applied a few weeks ago and I haven't heard anything at all :redface:

I was recently rejected and applied later than you. No news is good news I assume!
Original post by james276
I was recently rejected and applied later than you. No news is good news I assume!

Sorry to hear about the rejection dude but thanks for letting me know- it gives me hope!:biggrin:
Reply 10
Sorry to hear about the rejection dude but thanks for letting me know- it gives me hope!:biggrin:

Didn't realise if you applied already they start considering it - is that the case? I suppose it is a really long window of application, considering the deadline is the beginning of Jan next year!
Original post by EssexDan86
Didn't realise if you applied already they start considering it - is that the case? I suppose it is a really long window of application, considering the deadline is the beginning of Jan next year!

I wasn't really clear on if they screen already but the poster I quoted has been rejected so I assume they go through them as and when they receive them.
Reply 12
I wasn't really clear on if they screen already but the poster I quoted has been rejected so I assume they go through them as and when they receive them.

Haha, I'll get onto it asap in that case, in case all the jobs run out early!
Reply 13
Has anyone heard anything back yet?
Original post by rooroo14
Has anyone heard anything back yet?

Nope!
Original post by RudeBoy
I've been invited to take the online tests after getting through the competency questions part.

Well done! When did you receive your invite?
Reply 16
Original post by RudeBoy
I've been invited to take the online tests after getting through the competency questions part.

Which scheme are you going for?
Still waiting, applied weeks and weeks ago. I hate just waiting around!
Reply 18
I'm still waiting as well! Applied for project management (overground)... just got rejected from Network Rail though for project management so I really have little hope tbh (despite having project management experience and doing a transport dissertation..)
Reply 19
I hate waiting around too, I just want to know now but the next stage is only the tests anyway so still not much confirmation!

Quick Reply

Latest