The Student Room Group

Male student kick off cheerleading team AND suspended for kissing his boyfriend

A gay high school student in Alice, Texas, says he was kicked off the cheerleading squad and suspended after kissing another male student.

The cheerleader, who wishes to remain anonymous, was caught on a surveillance camera, reports 6 News, which leads him and his family to believe that he was being monitored and targeted because he's gay.

"They never check cameras for anything unless something is stolen," he said. "We would be the ones getting caught because I'm sure we were the only ones, sexual orientation wise, being caught like that."

The cheerleader also stated that public affection is not uncommon among the students at Alice High School, which he claims is further proof of the discrimination he's facing.

"In this school [kissing] is everywhere, if that were the case, suspending everyone for that, half the school would be suspended," he said.

The student's parents told 6 News that when they met with a school administrator they learned that the school is reviewing the principal's decision to suspended their son and they could expect news next week. The family added that they are prepared to start a fight if their son isn't reinstated on the squad.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/14/male-cheerleader-kiss_n_1011412.html
The world yet again discriminates against what it cannot understand. This should not have happened
Reply 3
Ew :s-smilie:
But in all due seriousness it looks like he might just of been unfairly targetting.

^ do you understand the deeper meaning of my point?
I may have personal feelings to homosexual acts, i.e 2 guys kissing, but common sense and morals suggest while i don't like it, it doesn't mean he deserved to be actively targetted, not by me not by people in authoritive positions.

In cases of homosexuality, hate the sin not the person.
Reply 4
and rightly so. a male shouldn't act like that, straight or bent
Reply 5
America - home of the free...
Reply 6
Did the fact he was on the cheerleading squad not clue them in?
Reply 7
True, and the vast majority in America are tolerant and decent people. Just a minority, like anywhere else. Seems to happen more in America, perhaps it is just publicised more.
I was surprised to read the parents were supporting their son.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Mr. Approachable
The world yet again discriminates against what it cannot understand. This should not have happened

The world ey?
Yes. Next question.
Reply 11
Original post by Cicerao

Original post by Cicerao
Did the fact he was on the cheerleading squad not clue them in?

Thats what I was thinking!

Though thats probably why they were caught in the first place as they realized he was gay and were looking to catch him out.:sadnod:
Original post by Mr. Approachable

TexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexasTexas
I think it's a shame that people consider "This shouldn't have happened." worthy of being negged. What limited minds we have on here.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending