Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

UCAS 2012 - Discuss your decisions **here**

Announcements Posted on
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoJessicaAnn)
    Yay, well done! I would have liked this but TSR says I've reached my limit today already.... ooerr.
    Thank you! Even if I don't get an offer from Cambridge (which is pretty likely) I still think applying has been worth it - it made me get my application in early and if I hadn't done so I 'd probably barely have started my PS by now, never mind be sitting on four offers!

Where have you applied/are you applying?

EDIT: Also, I hate running out of +rep too!
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PatrickD)
    Thank you! Even if I don't get an offer from Cambridge (which is pretty likely) I still think applying has been worth it - it made me get my application in early and if I hadn't done so I 'd probably barely have started my PS by now, never mind be sitting on four offers!

Where have you applied/are you applying?

EDIT: Also, I hate running out of +rep too!
    Yeah, my friend applied to Oxford but he's already ended up with two offers from really good universities - RHUL and Exeter so now, obviously he does want Oxford but he's still got really really good choices if he doesn't get it So jealous!

I applied for History to Leeds (x2), RHUL, Cardiff and Sussex Only sent off my application on Friday and it's already doing my head in silllyy.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, my friend applied to Oxford but he's already ended up with two offers from really good universities - RHUL and Exeter so now, obviously he does want Oxford but he's still got really really good choices if he doesn't get it So jealous!

I applied for History to Leeds (x2), RHUL, Cardiff and Sussex Only sent off my application on Friday and it's already doing my head in silllyy.
    Haha. Yeah, you soon start checking your emails/Track every five minutes just in case!

I'm glad to see someone else who has applied for two courses at a single university! I very nearly applied for three courses at Nottingham but thought it might be a bit too far!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxcartwright)
    both
    I take country-specific A level exams which do not have A* grades. Hence the offer is AAB.

I do realise that I'm incredibly lucky but I guess it has to do with the fact that I'm a non-EU international!
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haha. Yeah, you soon start checking your emails/Track every five minutes just in case!

I'm glad to see someone else who has applied for two courses at a single university! I very nearly applied for three courses at Nottingham but thought it might be a bit too far!
    Well my course's have a big grade difference - I've applied for straight History which is AAA and History and Sociology which is ABB. So I'm hoping it will at least show my dedication to the Uni - really want to go there
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well my course's have a big grade difference - I've applied for straight History which is AAA and History and Sociology which is ABB. So I'm hoping it will at least show my dedication to the Uni - really want to go there
    Yeah it should do - they'll be pleased that you want to go there. That's what Nottingham told me after I emailed them asking if it would mkae me look indecisive, anyway - it makes you look eager to go to their uni.

I applied to both courses because they are similar but have slightly different standard offers. My preferred course's is AAB-ABB while the other's is ABB-BBB. In the end I got ABB offers for both courses!
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it should do - they'll be pleased that you want to go there. That's what Nottingham told me after I emailed them asking if it would mkae me look indecisive, anyway - it makes you look eager to go to their uni.

I applied to both courses because they are similar but have slightly different standard offers. My preferred course's is AAB-ABB while the other's is ABB-BBB. In the end I got ABB offers for both courses!
    Wow, so I could get two offers Never even thought of that option, assumed two rejections or only one offer!
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wow, so I could get two offers Never even thought of that option, assumed two rejections or only one offer!
    Yeah, it obviously depends on the university but I think most would be quite ahppy to give you two offers if you're good enough.

When I emailed them they pointed out that they wouldn't be able to see my other application because the other course was dealt with by a different department. They also said that two applications to the same department would not put me at any disadvantage - each application is treated separately and fairly.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Application sent: 4th November
    Uni: Royal Holloway
    Course: Management
    Decision [Offer/Rejection]: Conditional
    Offer Grades: AAB
    Date Offer Received: 7th November
    Reaction: First offer!!! YAYAYAYAY
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s1234s)
    Application sent: 4th November
    Uni: Royal Holloway
    Course: Management
    Decision [Offer/Rejection]: Conditional
    Offer Grades: AAB
    Date Offer Received: 7th November
    Reaction: First offer!!! YAYAYAYAY
    Congratulations!!!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Got 2 offers already and a email from Nottingham saying they will be making me an offer
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Finally got my first offers ^_^
    Nottingham and Manchester for Classical Civilisation. God, I thought the nerves were going to kill me...
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nadine10)
    Application sent: 27/09/11
    Uni: Bristol
    Course: BSc Economics
    Decision [Offer/Rejection]: Conditional Offer
    Offer Grades: A In Economics
    Date Offer Received: 27/10/11
    Reaction: Jumping up and down with joy!
    Congrats! Nice name, by the way.

EDIT: Realised that I've been a bit of a noob and thought the first page was the last. Sorry!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nadindi)
    Congrats! Nice name, by the way.

EDIT: Realised that I've been a bit of a noob and thought the first page was the last. Sorry!
    Thanks what are you applying for?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks what are you applying for?
    English Language and Literature ^^
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Applying for 3 Law courses and 2 English...I know, probably a poor move. But I can't make my mind up.
    Durham - English Literature
    St Andrews - English
    Aberdeen - Law
    York - Law
    Queen's Belfast (hometown) - Law

Think they're all looking for AAA or A*AA (Durham) but Aberdeen wants ABB so it's an insurance.
    GCSES - 10A*s
    AS Levels:
    English Lit - A
    Music - A
    Physics - A
    Class Civ - B (dropped, broke my heart. Favourite subject by far!)
    A Level Predictions - A*A*A*
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicholasng925)
    Application sent: 19th of September
    Uni: Warwick
    Course: MMORSE (G0L0)
    Decision [Offer/Rejection]: Offer
    Offer Grades: A*AA with A* in Maths and A in Further Maths
    Date Offer Received: Tuesday 8th November

Uni: City
    Course: Actuarial Science
    Decision: Offer
    Offer Grades: A*AA with A* in Maths
    Date Offer Received: Tuesday 8th November

Uni: Heriot-Watt
    Course: Actuarial Science
    Decision: Offer
    Offer Grades: AAB with A in Maths
    Date Offer Received: Monday 7th November

Reaction: OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just woke up from sleep, and this is like a dream for me! :eek: :banana2::banana2::banana::badger::bhangra::bhangra:
    OMG A BIG MASSIVE CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! did you just get 3 offers at once!!! damn enjoy the adrenaline rush
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    OMG A BIG MASSIVE CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! did you just get 3 offers at once!!! damn enjoy the adrenaline rush
    Yeah!!!!!!!! thank you! omg so excited, I can't sleep now! :eek: (It's 2.48am for me!)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Application Sent: 21/10/11
    University: University of Sussex
    Course: Physics
    Decision: Conditional Offer
    Offer Grades: ABB with Physics and Mathematics at A2.
    Date Offer Received: 08/11/11.
    Reaction: YES! YES! Second Offer!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i Pav i)
    Application sent: 7/10/11.
    Uni: Birmingham.
    Course: Biological Science w/Europe.
    Decision [Offer/Rejection]: Conditional.
    Offer Grades: ABB.
    Date Offer Received: 8/11/11.
    Reaction: ABB :O SO HAPPPY - ALL 5 OFFERS after less than a month
    Wow, that's pretty cool- well done! I'm waiting for an offer from Birmingham and 2 others...:erm:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 8, 2012
New on TSR

Student in a Million awards

All the results from our prize-giving night

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.