The Student Room Group

UCAS 2012 - Discuss your decisions **here**

Scroll to see replies

I thought universities tended to avoid interviewing internationals :holmes:
Original post by alexsasg

I'm predicted 3A*s and an A. What about you?

I didn't submit an alternative personal statement for combined honours though, so it's not really tailored to both of the subjects I want to do (Sociology and Spanish), it's mainly just sociology..so I'm kinda worried. :L Durham isn't my first choice, but it'd be lovely all the same to get an offer and not a rejection!

What are you applying for? :smile:

I'm applying for physics :smile: predicted 2 A* and 2 A, although my maths teacher reckons I can get an A*
Yeah durham isn't my first choice either - but I'll be very happy if I get an offer!! So where else have you applied for?
Original post by Kristina_Lucy

I'm applying for physics :smile: predicted 2 A* and 2 A, although my maths teacher reckons I can get an A*
Yeah durham isn't my first choice either - but I'll be very happy if I get an offer!! So where else have you applied for?

Then we're predicted pretty much the same grades. :smile:
I've also applied to Cambridge, LSE, Warwick and Goldsmiths - got offers from the last two :biggrin: what about you, where have you applied?
Reply 303
Original post by obusby1
Do universities generally let you know if they have refused your application?
Or do they just throw it in the bin and leave you waiting?

They will let you know on UCAS Track ..

It'll say either...

- Conditional
- Unconditional
- Unsuccessful

They will respond to saying 'Unsuccessful' if you're predicted grades/application isn't good enough for the course etc.

Then we're predicted pretty much the same grades. :smile:
I've also applied to Cambridge, LSE, Warwick and Goldsmiths - got offers from the last two :biggrin: what about you, where have you applied?

well done!! I've applied to oxford, st andrews, lancanster and birmaingham - offer from birmingham and interview at lancaster. Now waiting for the results for the physics aptitude test from oxford!!

Which college have you applied to at cambridge? :smile:

well done!! I've applied to oxford, st andrews, lancanster and birmaingham - offer from birmingham and interview at lancaster. Now waiting for the results for the physics aptitude test from oxford!!

Which college have you applied to at cambridge? :smile:

Well done to you too! Ah, I see you've applied to the "other place" :wink: good luck for your interview.

I've applied to Magdalene. Which college did you apply to at oxford? :smile:

Well done to you too! Ah, I see you've applied to the "other place" :wink: good luck for your interview.

I've applied to Magdalene. Which college did you apply to at oxford? :smile:

Do I detect some rivalry there? :wink: and I applied to New college - actually went down to cambridge uni and stayed at king's. Loved the place but they didn't do the course I want! :/

So did you have any tests to do for cambridge? Or are you just going straight for an interview? :smile:
Original post by TheNextBigMoonFruit
Well the email comes before the letter and as your applying from Canada it will definetly take much much longer for you to recieve the letter. For an interview, you will get an email from UCAS and then when you log into Track, the Univeristies letter on there will tell you whether you have an interview and all the information. Just out of curiousity, what Univeristies are you applying to?

Thanks for the info.
I'm applying to Law at Oxford, UCL, KCL, Aberdeen, and Leicester.
you?
Reply 308
Original post by sumergocogito
Thanks for the info.
you?

I'm also applying to Oxford, UCL and KCL for law, what are your predicts?

Good luck
Original post by i Pav i
They will let you know on UCAS Track ..

It'll say either...

- Conditional
- Unconditional
- Unsuccessful

They will respond to saying 'Unsuccessful' if you're predicted grades/application isn't good enough for the course etc.

Hi, I just received a conditional offer but I can't see the conditons. Where do I have to go ?

Reply 310
Original post by pinouche13
Hi, I just received a conditional offer but I can't see the conditons. Where do I have to go ?

Click on the 'course code'

So it will say your course code .. e.g. 'C500' in RED writing.. click on that and then it will come up..
Original post by i Pav i
Click on the 'course code'

So it will say your course code .. e.g. 'C500' in RED writing.. click on that and then it will come up..

Thanks!! it just said send proofs of your grades, so basically I have an unconditional offer :biggrin:. I was worried as I didn't have any pending grades.
Reply 312
Unconditional from queen marys. Conditionals from kings, sheffield and sussex. Waiting on keele but expecting them to decline me.
So I'm agonising over whether to firm kings or sheffield. I really cannot pick between the two. Any help?
Reply 313
I've applied for biology/biological sciences at Lancaster, Manchester, Liverpool, UCLAN and Keele, would like to go to Manchester but don't think I'll get in as i'm doing one hard science and a soft science :frown: UCAS received my application yesterday so I'm just waiting on my letter! In all honesty i'm still not sure if i want to go to university, thought it was better to apply rather than not apply and regret it! Good luck to everyone!
Reply 314
Original post by Skarm
Unconditional from queen marys. Conditionals from kings, sheffield and sussex. Waiting on keele but expecting them to decline me.
So I'm agonising over whether to firm kings or sheffield. I really cannot pick between the two. Any help?

Why are you expecting keele to decline you, if you've got conditions from kings and sheffield? Just curious :smile:
Reply 315
Original post by Shippy
Why are you expecting keele to decline you, if you've got conditions from kings and sheffield? Just curious :smile:

I applied to keele for medicine, and kings and sheffield for biomed. I'm doubtful that I have enough work experience to be considered for medicine though.
Reply 316
Original post by Skarm
I applied to keele for medicine, and kings and sheffield for biomed. I'm doubtful that I have enough work experience to be considered for medicine though.

Ahh ok :smile: well good luck anyway!
Reply 317
Original post by Leute
UWE received my application to study Law on 20/10 and I got an offer the next morning.. I was so so happy, it has always been my first choice :P (I get a lot of stick for this because I put it above UCL and Sussex -_-)

UWE is excellent for Law, I am currently here doing my first year and loving it !!!
Original post by sumergocogito
Thanks for the info.
you?

Your welcome. I'm applying to Psychology at UCL, Royal Holloway, Queen Mary, Surrey and Roehampton. Good Luck by the way!!
Reply 319
Original post by Skarm

Sheffield is sucha great place to be!

Kings is a great uni but .. its central london.. so.. expensive etc..

I'd say Sheffield :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest