The Student Room Group

UCAS 2012 - Discuss your decisions **here**

Scroll to see replies

Received an offer from Essex earlier. Thrilled.
I've got two conditional offers but am still waiting on Edge Hill! They're taking so long they received my application in early November :'(
already got two rejections, getting nervous...
Reply 663
Conditional offer for English lit and French :smile: Any other Americans looking at Manchester Uni?!
Reply 664
unconditional from NTU for biochemistry!!
Reply 665
omg UCAS track is closing down for the day tomorrow!! now i need to find another website to regularly check
Original post by gapyearstudent
omg UCAS track is closing down for the day tomorrow!! now i need to find another website to regularly check

TSR :ninja:
Reply 667
had offers from aberystwyth, birmingham, cardiff, chester and liverpool for politics. i think my decision's between birmingham and aber, but still not 100%. and my teacher said to look at cardiff as its pretty good for politics.

i really dunno where i'll pick, but i think i'll wait until results from jan exams to decide
Bath or Exeter? Argh.

I've been invited to both offer days, but don't know if I can even afford to visit one. Plus Bath's letter says nothing about when the day actually starts. Train to Bath takes 2 and a half hours, train to Exeter takes over 3 hours and costs more.

I'll either be firming Bath and insurancing Exeter, or firming Exeter and having no insurance or insurancing Notts. I'm predicted A*A*A and my Bath offer's A*AA whilst Exeter offered me AAB.

I'm just struggling to pick a favourite. I've visited the centre of Bath but not the uni, and I haven't visited Exeter at all although my cousin goes there. I like them both for different reasons too. Bath's supposed to be the better uni for my course (maths) and they have more variety with their modules. But Exeter's better for what I want to do after (teaching) and if I get a 2:2 or better I'll get an automatic interview for a PGCE there. Also, they've offered me a £1000 bursary if I get AAA or better, which would really help as money's always been really tight for me. But I might not even want to do a PGCE, there are other routes in to teaching, and I might end up changing my mind anyway. Argh, what to do?
Original post by Contrad!ction.
Bath or Exeter? Argh.

I've been invited to both offer days, but don't know if I can even afford to visit one. Plus Bath's letter says nothing about when the day actually starts. Train to Bath takes 2 and a half hours, train to Exeter takes over 3 hours and costs more.

I'll either be firming Bath and insurancing Exeter, or firming Exeter and having no insurance or insurancing Notts. I'm predicted A*A*A and my Bath offer's A*AA whilst Exeter offered me AAB.

I'm just struggling to pick a favourite. I've visited the centre of Bath but not the uni, and I haven't visited Exeter at all although my cousin goes there. I like them both for different reasons too. Bath's supposed to be the better uni for my course (maths) and they have more variety with their modules. But Exeter's better for what I want to do after (teaching) and if I get a 2:2 or better I'll get an automatic interview for a PGCE there. Also, they've offered me a £1000 bursary if I get AAA or better, which would really help as money's always been really tight for me. But I might not even want to do a PGCE, there are other routes in to teaching, and I might end up changing my mind anyway. Argh, what to do?

Oh dear that is a bit of a problem. Someone was telling me a while back that your school might be able to pay for you to go to an offer day. If they can't and you really can't go then I guess it's pro's and con's time.
Original post by Beebumble
Oh dear that is a bit of a problem. Someone was telling me a while back that your school might be able to pay for you to go to an offer day. If they can't and you really can't go then I guess it's pro's and con's time.

I've tried the pros and cons thing, but I'm still struggling to choose. My UCAS guy said the school's budget is pretty tight at the moment :s-smilie:
Hi guys :smile: are UCAS days compulsory, because I really can't be bothered going to mine. I've already been to their open day, which I know is slightly different, but I know the university quite well and I'll be firming it :/ bah humbug.
After firming do you get invited to another open day? Or is the post offer open day (well for me), in feb, all there is?
Reply 673
Original post by connoryay
had offers from aberystwyth, birmingham, cardiff, chester and liverpool for politics. i think my decision's between birmingham and aber, but still not 100%. and my teacher said to look at cardiff as its pretty good for politics.

i really dunno where i'll pick, but i think i'll wait until results from jan exams to decide

Birmingham! :tongue:

It's amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing.

Original post by atomos
already got two rejections, getting nervous...

Ahh the joys of applying for Medicine... I wish you luck in getting an offer!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Contrad!ction.
Bath or Exeter? Argh.

Sometimes the unis themselves are willing and able to pay for students to come and visit - its in their interests. Get in touch with your departmenmts admissions people, and ask if there is any money available for people such as yourself. If there's a partcular reasons why you can't afford it - low houseohld income or whatever, then tell them thta as well. You may be surprised! Worth a go! Also make out you're seriously thinking of firming them, but just want to visit it first!!
Original post by Tasneemo
Hi guys :smile: are UCAS days compulsory, because I really can't be bothered going to mine. I've already been to their open day, which I know is slightly different, but I know the university quite well and I'll be firming it :/ bah humbug.

UCAS days aren't compulsory, but they can be really informative :smile:
Reply 676
hey has anybody heard from:

RGU
Napier
Stirling
Glasgow Caley

im trying to transfer journalism from australia, already rejected by northumbria so very impatient :frown: :frown: :frown:
Reply 677
Still awaiting any official offers..driving me mad! I soo wish I'd sent my application in earlier, it's only been like 25days but...AAAHHHH I wanna know my future :L

Original post by Joshuah
I'm not sure if this is the right topic to post in, but its the best I could find...

Basically, I've got offers through UCAS for Northumbria, Sunderland and Leeds Met (All conditional). I was awaiting an offer from the University of Salford. On Saturday, I got an email inviting me to an interview on the 16th April, the email said I should reply to say whether I'd be attending or not attending the interview. I've replied saying I'm attending it.

Trouble is, when I log onto track, the Salford option still doesn't say their reply. Shouldn't it say 'Interview' or something along those lines? Its like they havent informed UCAS that I've got an interview?

Should I be worried?

I have an interview at Bradford on 22nd February, I was offered it on 6th January, confirmed it and was given a website to visit for any information about the day, etc.. However I'm in the same boat as you..absolutely nothing on Track about it...I'm guessing that's normal?
Good luck on your interview anyway!
Original post by ed2012
hey has anybody heard from:

RGU
Napier
Stirling
Glasgow Caley

im trying to transfer journalism from australia, already rejected by northumbria so very impatient :frown: :frown: :frown:

I've applied to Stirling and still haven't heard anything! (I applied in November)
Apparently they take their time with getting back to you. Could be any time from January to April :s-smilie:
Reply 679
hi I've got an offer from Sunderland uni but still haven't got a reply for Northumbria uni. does northumbria not accept btec points.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending