The Student Room Group

UCAS 2012 - Discuss your decisions **here**

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by NapoleonDynamite
:tongue: Ye, only been to three of my choices. Haven't been to either Aberystwyth or Chester :rolleyes:

I went to 4 of mine, I did pretty well but I've had an extra year to think about it, this time last year I had seen nowhere and was so disorganised so you did better than me then! Whats your top choice?
Original post by metric
I went to 4 of mine, I did pretty well but I've had an extra year to think about it, this time last year I had seen nowhere and was so disorganised so you did better than me then! Whats your top choice?

Birmingham :smile:
Reply 102
Original post by NapoleonDynamite
Birmingham :smile:

Ah awesome, my cousin went there and loved it so fingers crossed for you!
Original post by metric
Ah awesome, my cousin went there and loved it so fingers crossed for you!

Awesome :biggrin: Yep fingers crossed! :colone:
got one for UEA yesterday
Reply 105
Got an offer from Goldsmiths :colondollar: I'd never go there though.
If i don't get an offer from Durham, i'll definitely be going to Exeter since they've given me an offer - i think i might even prefer Exeter over Durham :smile:
Reply 107
Original post by mpc1
Many thanks for the useful info.

The tutors do have access to the ucas apply at the time of applying for those who apply via school or college . Is track access different from apply access?

Are international applicants with non A level courses typically evaluated later than domestic applicants with A levels? Many A level applicants got offers already but for the same course and same uni, no feedback for EU/Intl applicants.

UCAS track states that when there is no feedback (offer/rejection) by the uni till a particular date (around May 6) , it automatically marks those as unsuccessful. Is a scenario not possible that the uni’s have not responded or updated the track due to some oversight?

Just trying to understand the process.

Hi,

Track access is different in that it is only the applicant who can view this page. With regards to your question about international applications, this depends entirely on the institution in question. At Coventry, our International Office handle all non-UK applications and our team (Recruitment & Admissions Office) handle all of the UK applications. It is also untrue that A-level applicants are evaluated earlier than those doing different qualifications and I would imagine that this is also the case at most other institutions.

UCAS give institutions a deadline of May 6th to respond to all applications that were received on time (before January 15th). This means that if you apply on-time and your application remains un-processed by May 6th then your application could be rejected "by default". However, at Coventry our policy is, always has been, and always will be, to ensure that we process every on-time application prior to the May 6th Deadline imposed by UCAS, so this scenario will definitely not happen to our applicants. Oversights will not occur due to our excellent IT systems that ensure that no application goes un-noticed or unprocessed.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help you during your application process.

Joe,
Recruitment & Admissions Office
Original post by Vestada
Application sent: 12th October
Uni: Exeter
Course: Philosophy
Decision [Offer/Rejection]: Conditional
Offer Grades: AAA
Date Offer Received: 25th October
Reaction: Not one of my top choices, but very happy and relieved to have an offer.

How can you have picked an AAA option that isn't a top choice?
Reply 109
Original post by NaturalAndReal
How can you have picked an AAA option that isn't a top choice?

It was advertised as AAA-AAB on the website originally, and they gave me the AAA offer. My two lower offers were Exeter and Nottingham, which used to be ABB, but changed and is now some weird and wonderful combination of grades that confuse me.

My other choices are Cambridge (A*AA), Durham (AAA) and St Andrews (AAA). I admit it was a bit of a gamble, but I'm predicted A*A*A*, so it should work out okay (hopefully!)
Original post by Vestada
It was advertised as AAA-AAB on the website originally, and they gave me the AAA offer. My two lower offers were Exeter and Nottingham, which used to be ABB, but changed and is now some weird and wonderful combination of grades that confuse me.

My other choices are Cambridge (A*AA), Durham (AAA) and St Andrews (AAA). I admit it was a bit of a gamble, but I'm predicted A*A*A*, so it should work out okay (hopefully!)

Ahh, I see!
I'm sure it'll work out brilliantly for you- you wouldn't be predicted those grades if you couldn't achieve them, and I'm sure universities will make offers based on that fact! Good luck, though I'm sure you don't need it! :smile:
Reply 111
Original post by NaturalAndReal
Ahh, I see!
I'm sure it'll work out brilliantly for you- you wouldn't be predicted those grades if you couldn't achieve them, and I'm sure universities will make offers based on that fact! Good luck, though I'm sure you don't need it! :smile:

Thanks, I'll take all the good luck I can get :smile:
Reply 112
Original post by TitchTheAntiHero
Application sent: 15/10/2011
Uni: Manchester
Course: BSci Psychology
Decision [Offer/Rejection]: Conditional Offer
Offer Grades: ABB
Date Offer Received: 26/10/2011
Reaction: :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::borat::banana2: and then my parents bought a bottle of wine to celebrate :biggrin:

LOL, someone negged me cause I got an offer? oh dear.

I know, people negged my offer too! Human beings really confuse me sometimes :s-smilie:
Reply 113
Original post by DeelyBopper
Application sent: 5/10/11
Uni: Oxford Brookes
Course: Psychology
Decision [Offer/Rejection]: Offer
Offer Grades: ABB
Date Offer Received: 27/10/11
Reaction: yay!

did you get an acknowledgement first? :redface: or just straight offer? :frown:
im waiting on reply..
Original post by i Pav i
did you get an acknowledgement first? :redface: or just straight offer? :frown:
im waiting on reply..

no just got an offer :smile:
Reply 115
Original post by DeelyBopper
no just got an offer :smile:

ohhh my! i want an offer :frown:

how long had your app been on track x
Original post by i Pav i
ohhh my! i want an offer :frown:

how long had your app been on track x

I sent my application off on the 5th of October, and I got my offer today :smile:
Reply 117
WAIITTT im confused if this is 2012's thread how are people getting offers already i was told you dont generally get offers until around march?
Reply 118
Original post by Binliner
WAIITTT im confused if this is 2012's thread how are people getting offers already i was told you dont generally get offers until around march?

This is the first batch of early offers. Most offers won't be given out until the January deadline has passed, though.
Reply 119
If you aren't applying for Med, Dent.. its best to send your offer off as earliest as possible ? isn't it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending