The Student Room Group

UCAS 2012 - Discuss your decisions **here**

This is the thread where you can discuss those decisions (but not reflect on your Track Addiction:smile: ).

Please
remember that there's no hurry to make your firm and insurance choices. You will not miss out on accommodation or anything else by taking your time to make those choices - the earliest you have to do so is May, so don't become one of those people posting in June to say that they made their firm and insurance choices in February and now wish they hadn't.

Reasons to wait:

you may find in March that those resits went better or worse than you expected

you may decide that you'd rather start again through Extra, and it may be impossible to do this if you have accepted a firm or insurance choice

you need to give yourself time to visit the unis you are considering to make sure they really are for you

(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Self-explanatory, really. Some unis have already started making offers - if you've been made one, which uni was it & what course & when did you hear? :smile:
Reply 2
This doesn't really answer your question, but I haven't even finished my application yet :colondollar: :colondollar: :colondollar:
UEA for History and Politics on Wednesday
Reply 4
Well I'm dying because my application is due in at midnight and my personal tutor hasn't sent my reference yet, despite promising faithfully that she would
Reply 5
Original post by Vulpix
Well I'm dying because my application is due in at midnight and my personal tutor hasn't sent my reference yet, despite promising faithfully that she would

oxbridge?
Reply 6
Original post by alexsasg
oxbridge?

Vet school. I've got a reference now though after hundreds of frantic calls, so feeling better!
Reply 7
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain
UEA for History and Politics on Wednesday

Congratulations!:smile: What grades do they want and what are you predicted?
Original post by liviluck
Congratulations!:smile: What grades do they want and what are you predicted?

Already have AA and I need to get a B in maths, which I originally got a C in :yes:
No offers, and I applied 2 weeks ago... Anyone else heard from Strathclyde, Lancaster, Kent, Lincoln or Aberdeen?
Reply 10
so many decisions were given by this time last year as is evident from the 2010 results threads (2010) and VERY FEW this year so far..

Why do you think this sudden change ? specific reasons?

that makes the wait longer coupled with increased anxiety, isn't it :-)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 11
if the uni states ABB/280 points can i get a BBC? or if they specify grades do i have to get that ABB?

has anyone been accepted and then told to wait until you got your grades ?
Reply 12
I actually wonder why my offer from Manchester was conditional; My English grades should have been sufficient according to their entry requirements.

I am hesitant about contacting them though, because I do like holding the offer, and I believe that I will meet the conditions.
Original post by mpc1
so many decisions were given by this time last year as is evident from the 2010 results threads (2010) and VERY FEW this year so far..

Why do you think this sudden change ? specific reasons?

that makes the wait longer coupled with increased anxiety, isn't it :-)

I think with the fee increase nobody really knows how many people will apply. So the uni's are holding off until they get most of the applications through so they know how many people they got to choose from.
Reply 14
Original post by Beebumble
I think with the fee increase nobody really knows how many people will apply. So the uni's are holding off until they get most of the applications through so they know how many people they got to choose from.

Anyone hoping for any offer today .. Or is the day pretty much gone?
Reply 15
Original post by mpc1
Anyone hoping for any offer today .. Or is the day pretty much gone?

I received the email from UCAS at 18:15 (19:15 my time) 5th October regarding an offer from Manchester..
Reply 16
Original post by stifa
I received the email from UCAS at 18:15 (19:15 my time) 5th October regarding an offer from Manchester..

:smile:So, may be there is still some hope left for the day!

UCAS time is GMT?
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain
Application sent:
Uni:leicester
Course: history and politics
Decision [Offer/Rejection]: offer
Offer Grades: B in maths
Date Offer Received:today
Reaction: woo another pffer

Well done...'tis going well for you thus far! :smile: :five:
Reply 18
Has anyone had a reply in the evening or at weird times? I want a UCAS email so bad..
Original post by shaaar
Has anyone had a reply in the evening or at weird times? I want a UCAS email so bad..

mine came at 7.15am so it is possible :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest