The Student Room Group

Dont love my 'boyfriend', but love my best friend...

Have no idea what to do at the mo...

...I've been seeing this guy for about 6 weeks - been on about 5 dates or something. I know really likes me, and he kissed me and everything. He's a lovely guy, but I don't think I LIKE like him. I felt nothing when he kissed me (though, granted I was rather drunk) and I get really worked up and anxious thinking about being with him. But at the same time I like the IDEA of being with him.

Then comes the next complicated bit...I'm also completely in love with my best friend (female). I don't think I'm a lesbian, but probs bi. But anyway, I KNOW I'm not in love with this guy, because I think about my friend at all time - not him, when my phone goes I get excited that it's her - not him...I get that tingling sensation when my skin brushes hers - not his. :/ which is really embarrassing to admit.

But basically...I really need some advice. I don't know whether to break up with the guy because I don't have feelings for him atm, or whether I should keep 'going with the flow' and see what happens - if it develops into anything...giving it the benefit of the doubt. I'm worried I'm leading him on and using him to try and get over/hide my feelings for my best friend...but at the same time I don't want to let a good thing go - what if it works out that I grow to like him? Or what if no one else likes me? :/
Definitely break up with him, being strung along is one of the worst feelings ever.
Reply 2
If you don't love him break-up with him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending