The Student Room Group

Should i go clubbing just to impress this girl?

So obviously ive been on a few dates with this girl, and we text and i think were going somewhere, but its apparent that she likes her drink and going to a few clubs etc

For me, did clubs once, didnt like them and i dont drink alcohol. Which pretty much puts me out the game.

Should i change myself just for this one girl so i can really get her to notice, cause i have a feeling that if i dont do these things, i think shes going to go for someone who is more into the clubbing and drinking scene? Just to seem compatible

What do you recommend?
Well what is your reason for not drinking? If it's something religious or what not I'm not sure what to suggest, but if you just don't like it perhaps you could drink a little, only take out £5-£10 so you don't have enough to get really drunk as once you start it's easy to get carried away. Plus of course there's the obvious solution of just telling them, simply say "yeah clubbing's not my thing but I'll tag along every once in a while :smile:" Seriously do you think she's going to stop talking to you because you don't like clubs? Obviously if you're texting and such you have enough in common to leave clubs out of it.
Reply 2
Don't go clubbing just for her, it'll come across that you're not comfortable and not enjoying it... She knows this about you and it'll just seem odd. Carry on dating, I think that's a much better way of getting to know each other than grinding up against someone anyway lol
Reply 3
Original post by Rainbow Badger
Well what is your reason for not drinking? If it's something religious or what not I'm not sure what to suggest, but if you just don't like it perhaps you could drink a little, only take out £5-£10 so you don't have enough to get really drunk as once you start it's easy to get carried away. Plus of course there's the obvious solution of just telling them, simply say "yeah clubbing's not my thing but I'll tag along every once in a while :smile:" Seriously do you think she's going to stop talking to you because you don't like clubs? Obviously if you're texting and such you have enough in common to leave clubs out of it.

I just think, she might eventually hold it against me perhaps, or am i just being beta male here
Original post by iluckabout
I just think, she might eventually hold it against me perhaps, or am i just being beta male here

She really shouldn't have anything against you, it's a bit shallow if she does. Like I said, try to compromise, go out to clubs every now and again if you feel up to it, you might find your own way of enjoying them, it doesn't have to be about getting wasted and dancing like a moron, although I do enjoy that myself :P
Reply 5
OP do you really want to be someone who is so arrogant that if you don't go clubbing you are not good enough for her?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending