Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Welbeck DSFC 2012 entry!

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
Live webchat: Student Finance explained - on TSR from 2 - 3pm 17-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    My AOSB is between 1-5 April ...I haven't been on Briefing..they didn't send me on one, I'm so confused as to why they didn't..everybody else seems to have been on one..
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello Everybody
    I am at Welbeck at the moment as a DESG person I was also successful on RAF selection. Any questions about welbeck fire away (or desg/raf selections ) Cant wait to meet y'alls in September (dingers crossed) xxxxxxxxxx
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzieloolah)
    Hello Everybody
    I am at Welbeck at the moment as a DESG person I was also successful on RAF selection. Any questions about welbeck fire away (or desg/raf selections ) Cant wait to meet y'alls in September (dingers crossed) xxxxxxxxxx
    Hey guys
    I'm also at Welbeck at the moment but as an Army person, so if any of you have aosb/filter interview q's go for it
    Good luck!! Hannah xxxxxxxxxx
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys

IM currently in the Process of Applying for Welbeck 2012 entry with the Army. I have my interview on the 18 of April any tips for interview and AOSB.

Many Thanks

Ed
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

Applying for welbeck 2012 entry (army)

Really excited as its a fantastic college, I looked round in September and was in absolute awe of the facilities. Have my formal interview on Tuesday and AOSB is planned for 2nd June, any tips appreciated

Many thanks and good luck to everyone else,
    Honor
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys, i dont know if this thread is still like, in use, but i got accepted to join welbeck as a private student, entry sept. 2012, any tips?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey

Im trying to join with the Army i hopefully have AOSB first week of July
    What subjects you hoping to take?

Ed
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stirling)
    Hey guys
    I'm also at Welbeck at the moment but as an Army person, so if any of you have aosb/filter interview q's go for it
    Good luck!! Hannah xxxxxxxxxx
    hey, so i got in, and cause im going away for the whole of summer, im trying to prepare my self a bit. any top tips in what i need to bring with me??
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzieloolah)
    Hello Everybody
    Hi I've applied to Welbeck through the Raf and I am going to Cranwell on the 15th July. Any tips? And what exactally do you do over the 3 days there. Thanks
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by honorbridgman)
    Hi all,

Applying for welbeck 2012 entry (army)

Really excited as its a fantastic college, I looked round in September and was in absolute awe of the facilities. Have my formal interview on Tuesday and AOSB is planned for 2nd June, any tips appreciated

Many thanks and good luck to everyone else,
    Honor
    The selection course at Westbury I really enjoyed, but very challenging! Revise current affairs- I didn't get asked much, actually this is what I got asked "What's caught your eye in the news recently", also I got asked who the Chancellor of the Exchequer was, and he President of France. The educational adviser has a piece of paper listed with random facts, so don't freak out if you don't know the answer to what he's asked you.

The interview with the vice president is so much more relaxing! They ask about family life and that..surprisingly didn't get asked why I wanted to be an Army officer, but what would be expected of one. Also, I'd revise the planning ex - I did better when I stood up in front of the group and got tested rather than my actual written plan ex. The group command tasks were fun- just remember to get a word in, sometimes I couldn't get a word in edgeways...because to be frank the kids from "posh schools" didn't shut the hell up.

Also, the fitness is fine and the individual obstacle course is fun!! I did the obstacle course 1 1/2 times in 2 mins, aim to do it more than once!!

But have fun
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I know I'm a bit late joining in but: I really want to go to welbeck but i missed the entry for my year as i didn't know about it at the time. Do any of you know whether its worth trying to get accepted now or waiting till next year and trying then???
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You're too late to apply for this years entry. You can apply for next year but you'll have to agree to repeat your first year if A levels.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC One S
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    does that mean having to stay on a year longer ?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    No, it means you'll be doing year one of A levels again (assuming you'll have done a year of A levels already.) It also means you'll be a year older than everybody else!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC One S
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Another question is finishing welbeck awarded with a scholarship to sandhurst if wanted?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone here on the Welbeck/Scholarship board on the 2nd July?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone had any tips on push-ups I've been trying for months and I have two weeks left before I go to Cranwell for my officer selection days. I need to do 10 push ups but can only do 2 at the moment. Is there any chance of them over looking the push ups as long as I can do the beep test and the sit-ups. Or am I stuffed if I still can't do them?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad Ap
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I'm visiting Welbeck for the tour in just over a week, is there anything I need to take with me? What should I wear?! I'm hoping to apply through the Navy, I have worked my reall hard trying to get an A in Maths but it looks like I'll only get a B, is this ok? And what kind of fitness should I do? If anyone can help I'd be really gratefull!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Chaps, I've moved all the relevant threads to the new 2013 thread and I'll be closing this one, just to stop people using it.
Updated: January 4, 2013
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.