The Student Room Group

Chemical engineering application thread 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Rho22
I'm applying for the MEng too, and don't think it matters at all.

Did I read somewhere that you already have offers? How come? You must have an amazing application. It's getting me worried seeing that people have offers and interviews from places I've applied to. I think my grades and reference are good.... hope my personal statement doesn't suck.
Reply 101
I have offers from Nottingham, Leeds and Sheffield, and an interview at Birmingham next week. I sent my application off pretty early though, and it's only October, so there's still lots of time to get offers :smile:
Reply 102
Original post by Rho22
I have offers from Nottingham, Leeds and Sheffield, and an interview at Birmingham next week. I sent my application off pretty early though, and it's only October, so there's still lots of time to get offers :smile:

:eek: I'm sooo jealous! Dis you get offers without interviews?
Original post by Rho22

well dne mate, btw what grades did nottingham ask you for?
Reply 104
Original post by rimmel
:eek: I'm sooo jealous! Dis you get offers without interviews?

Yeah I did :smile: Good luck with your application!

Original post by pakizrulez
well dne mate, btw what grades did nottingham ask you for?

AAB.
Reply 105
Original post by rimmel
Only email to log into their portal. Nothing else. Did you apply to Cambridge?

Yh I did....not really expecting so much from it though..:smile:
Reply 106
Original post by rimmel
Oh..I'm gonna be checking my email 100 times a day now! Do you mind me asking, when did you hear from Loughborough and Surrey? How many weeks after you applied? I REALLY want an interview at Loughborough.

Loughborough 1 week and a half. Birmingham 1 day. Surrey 3 days.
Reply 107
Original post by Yinks
Oh wow...lol...just got a message confirming my interview..+what Cambridge college did you apply to?

Pembroke lol. I actually think I regret applying lol.
Reply 108
Has anyone heard from UCL?
Reply 109
Original post by darkmerc
Pembroke lol. I actually think I regret applying lol.

Loool...I know the feeling..once my application was sent off..I was like noooooo!!!..but yh its dne nw..hopefully I get offers from rest if I don't get any from cambridge...applied to churchill...wasn't really forced about what college I applied to..if I got an offer it won't matter..it still CAMBRIDGE..lool..:biggrin:
Reply 110
Who has offers so far? How long did they take to reply?? I got all my acknowledgements, but I dotn have any interviews/offers. I applied on the 20th OCT. Any info would be nice :smile:
And I also have work experience at a chemical engineering firm and I talked about it a lot in my personal statement. I am feeling very nervous!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 111
Loughborough 1 week and a half. Birmingham 1 day. Surrey 3 days.

Heyy! What was your AS grades and predicted grades? They must be pretty amazing! :smile:
Reply 112
Original post by sibi123
Heyy! What was your AS grades and predicted grades? They must be pretty amazing! :smile:

Lol not amazing. AABB with high A's in Maths and Chemistry. Got a B in physics, got As in the exams but my teacher didn't teach us the practical skills properly so I got 3 marks off an A overall :frown:. Got a high B in biology although I hated the subject by the end of the year. My predicted is A*A*Aa with the a in further maths. My reference was really good, my grades aren't as good as my subject knowledge due to me doing alot of pre-reading, I understand the topics but I can't really express them on paper if you get what I mean. I spent like 3 months on my personal statement too lol.
Reply 113
Lol not amazing. AABB with high A's in Maths and Chemistry. Got a B in physics, got As in the exams but my teacher didn't teach us the practical skills properly so I got 3 marks off an A overall :frown:. Got a high B in biology although I hated the subject by the end of the year. My predicted is A*A*Aa with the a in further maths. My reference was really good, my grades aren't as good as my subject knowledge due to me doing alot of pre-reading, I understand the topics but I can't really express them on paper if you get what I mean. I spent like 3 months on my personal statement too lol.

Great! Well done on the grades and the offers :smile: How long did they take to reply? I applied 8 days ago, got acknowledgements from all unis but no offers or interviews ahha
Original post by Rho22

Well Done :biggrin: If you don't mind my asking, what did Leeds want?

Just got interview confirmation from Loughborough, any tips on what they might ask and how stupid I shouldn't make myself look?:s-smilie::confused:
Reply 115
I'm sending my application I'm hopefully today or Monday max and I'm putting down, Loughbouragh, Birmingham, Sheffield, Nottingham and third choice still don't know :s-smilie:
Anyone know where could find sample interview questions online? Or like what to expect?
Reply 116
Original post by NYILoveYou

Just got interview confirmation from Loughborough, any tips on what they might ask and how stupid I shouldn't make myself look?:s-smilie::confused:

Sorry, no interview tips...I'd like to know myself. I'm curious, when did you send your application off and how long after did you get notified about your interview?
Why are Loughborough ignoring me??:frown:
Reply 117
Original post by NYILoveYou

Thanks! My Leeds offer was AAB, are you applying there?

As for what questions they might ask at interview I'm not sure. Well done on getting an interview though :smile:
Original post by Rho22
Thanks! My Leeds offer was AAB, are you applying there?

As for what questions they might ask at interview I'm not sure. Well done on getting an interview though :smile:

I have applied, haven't heard anything back though, how long was it before you received an offer?

Original post by rimmel
Sorry, no interview tips...I'd like to know myself. I'm curious, when did you send your application off and how long after did you get notified about your interview?
Why are Loughborough ignoring me??:frown:

I got the invite a week after my application was processed. No idea why they're ignoring you, but if it helps they're the only ones who I've heard back from :smile:
Reply 119
Just saw some past Cambridge and Oxford engineering interview questions....and I had no idea what they were on about!!!...that has to be a good sign...anyway has anyone heard back from imperial?

Quick Reply

Latest