The Student Room Group

The people have spoken. The days of the Rich Elite are numbered. REVOLUTION IS NEARBY

Poll

What will come out of these worldwide protests?

The days of the Elite and their die hard sheep supporters are numbered. The system that you know of, will be entirely different by next year. A lot of brainwashed TSRians are saying that this recession is just a natural cycle of a economy. So let me get this straight - when people in the Middle East protest and have a change in government, we're all hailing the "triumph of democracy and freedom" but when we have similar protests here in the West, its a "Communist and Anarchist Conspiracy?" :rofl:
Take your pro-banker greed propaganda to that gutter from where it came from because you obviously don't represent the majority of the people as all you want to do is indulge in the greed and deceit that this system encourages.

We are not promoting an ANTI-CAPITALIST AGENDA, NOR COMMUNIST OR ANARCHIST PROPAGANDA. ALL WE WANT IS JUSTICE IN THIS UNFAIR SYSTEM THAT WE LIVE.

No more shall we tolerate the lies told and promises broken by Politicians.

No more shall we stand and watch our children's future destroyed.

No more shall we allow the Banks to rob our freedom and future.

No more shall we believe the lies and nonsense to justify wars in the Middle East.

No more shall we tolerate corporate greed abuse Human rights and the environment.

No more shall we tolerate a justice system which only favours the rich elite who can get away with any crime.

We the people have spoken. WE ARE THE 99%! :headbang::bl::bhangra::nutcase:

Protests have literally gone WORLDWIDE.

GREECE
ITALY
SPAIN
GERMANY
USA
UK
FRANCE
AUSTRALIA
SYRIA
EGYPT
YEMEN
SAUDI ARABIA
INDIA
ISRAEL
PALESTINE
BAHRAIN

AND MORE TO COME.

Its VERY UNLIKELY that nothing will come out of this.
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Whilst I agree in ethos and in practice with what you're saying, I've got to say - even from a left wing perspective - that most of it sounds to me like pointless rhetoric.

'No more shall we stand and watch our children's future destroyed'? Really? :/
It will all be over by Sunday dinner tomorrow.
Original post by whatmakesyoutiki2
Whilst I agree in ethos and in practice with what you're saying, I've got to say - even from a left wing perspective - that most of it sounds to me like pointless rhetoric.

'No more shall we stand and watch our children's future destroyed'? Really? :/

Are you living under a rock? Have you forgotten how much debt so many countries have? Everyone is going to suffer due to higher taxes being imposed all because OF some bankers decided to do a couple of bad loans to countries who couldn't ever pay it back.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4
If you must have a revolution, try and keep the noise down.

Ta
Camping in a financial district =/= revolution.

Unless its about amillion people

doing it for a very, very long time.

And really, we Brits, franky cba.

Though it would be nice.
Original post by Obfuscator
Camping in a financial district =/= revolution.

Unless its about amillion people

doing it for a very, very long time.

And really, we Brits, franky cba.

Though it would be nice.

A million people would be a bit too crowded if they're all stacked in one place. Besides, hundreds of thousands of protesters is too much as it is!
Reply 7
Original post by slavetosociety
The days of the Elite and their die hard sheep supporters are numbered. The system that you know of, will be entirely different by next year. A lot of brainwashed TSRians are saying that this recession is just a natural cycle of a economy. So let me get this straight - when people in the Middle East protest and have a change in government, we're all hailing the "triumph of democracy and freedom" but when we have similar protests here in the West, its a "Communist and Anarchist Conspiracy?" :rofl:
Take your pro-banker greed propaganda to that gutter from where it came from because you obviously don't represent the majority of the people as all you want to do is indulge in the greed and deceit that this system encourages.

We are not promoting an ANTI-CAPATLISIT AGENDA, NOR COMMUNIST OR ANARCHIST PROPAGANDA. ALL WE WANT IS JUSTICE IN THIS UNFAIR SYSTEM THAT WE LIVE.

No more shall we tolerate the lies told and promises broken by Politicians.

No more shall we stand and watch our children's future destroyed.

No more shall we allow the Banks to rob our freedom and future.

No more shall we believe the lies and nonsense to justify wars in the Middle East.

No more shall we tolerate corporate greed abuse Human rights and the environment.

No more shall we tolerate a justice system which only favours the rich elite who can get away with any crime.

We the people have spoken. WE ARE THE 99%! :headbang::bl::bhangra::nutcase:

None of this is substantiated. Evidence speaks volumes. Hyperbole doesn't.
Reply 8
I'd rather keep my ipod tbh.
It's about 1,000 people shacked up by St Paul's Cathedral, it's hardly a revolution.
Not to rain on your parade protest but remember how many protested against the tuition fees and that got nowhere. What makes you think this'll be any different?
(edited 12 years ago)
don't be stupid.

Same goes for all the stupid people making these stupid protests. Stop it.
I like. But it will never happen. The day will never happen.
Original post by crustz
None of this is substantiated. Evidence speaks volumes. Hyperbole doesn't.

Evidence? Have you bothered to go and see the protests for yourself instead of reading the lies on BBC?
(edited 12 years ago)
Are you living under a rock? Have you forgotten how much debt so many countries have? Everyone is going to suffer due to higher taxes being imposed all because OF some bankers decided to do a couple of bad loans to countries who couldn't ever pay it back.

Yes - I'm very much aware of the nature of the top-down approach to finance that the world has. Though we have a democracy and if we wanted to, we are perfectly capable of electing people who represent our financial interests. This is the life we continually choose to live.

Get real, this isn't a '99%>1%' thing. As much as this saddens me, the vast majority of this nation's electorate is happy to live the way we do now, and about ~1000 people in London disagree actively. Which would make it approximately 0.0016%, not 99%
The worlds going to end next year anyway.

Might as well en joy our ipods while we can ...
Original post by dunnicare
Not to poop on your parade protest but remember how many protested against the tuition fees and that got nowhere. What makes you think this'll be any different?

Its gone WORLDWIDE.

GREECE
ITALY
SPAIN
GERMANY
USA
UK
FRANCE
SYRIA
EGYPT
YEMEN
SAUDI ARABIA
INDIA
ISRAEL
PALESTINE
BAHRAIN

AND MORE TO COME.

Very unlikely that nothing will come out of this.
A million people would be a bit too crowded if they're all stacked in one place. Besides, hundreds of thousands of protesters is too much as it is!

I'm sure only a while ago someone worked out that everyone in the world could fit onto the Isle of Wight... ?

Besides, protests in Egypt have numbered 1million+

I demonstrated in March in London with another 500 000+ people

No government takes a protest of a few thousand people seriously. Why should they? That would be conforming to the wishes of the minority, which is the same as what they're doing to the banks.

There needs to be a genuine and terrible grievance. We are not having our human rights viciously suppressed by a murderous dictatorship... all that's happening is unemployment is rising and incomes are falling, while the rich stay rich.

Don't get me wrong, I certainly think it's really bad, and needs to change.
But I REALLY don't think it's going to be a revolution.
The people have spoken. The days of the Rich Elite are numbered. REVOLUTION IS NEARBY

It really isn't. :rolleyes:
Original post by The Patriot
The worlds going to end next year anyway.

Might as well en joy our ipods while we can ...

Apparently the apocalypse is starting next friday.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2049473/Doomsday-preacher-Harold-Camping-says-world-end-Friday.html

I was sort of looking forward to Halloween :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending