The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

University of Sheffield Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

"I am pleased to inform you that I wish to make you an offer. A copy of this letter is also being sent to you by post. Before I make this offer I would like you to come to the department for a visit day and short informal interview"

As i read this, that means they want to give me an offer but want a chat first?
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 221
From what I've read about them that sounds about it
Reply 222
Original post by Sam Walters
"I am pleased to inform you that I wish to make you an offer. A copy of this letter is also being sent to you by post. Before I make this offer I would like you to come to the department for a visit day and short informal interview"

It actually depends on which course you've applied to. I applied for law, and got an offer, then an invitation to an open day, to which I am not obliged to go (overseas student).

Good luck!
Reply 223

What subject is this for? :smile:
Original post by Emgrace
What subject is this for? :smile:

Engineering with a year in north America. :biggrin:
Reply 225
Yesterday, I received an email saying that: 'I am pleased to inform you that I will be making you an offer which you can track using your UCAS'.

But on my UCAS I dont have an offer. Have anyone had a similar situation? Should I write to them, or it is too short time since I've received the mail to worry ?
Reply 226
Original post by loku
Yesterday, I received an email saying that: 'I am pleased to inform you that I will be making you an offer which you can track using your UCAS'.

But on my UCAS I dont have an offer. Have anyone had a similar situation? Should I write to them, or it is too short time since I've received the mail to worry ?

I've been told that UCAS can take up to 2 weeks or something to update Track, so I wouldn't worry. :smile:
offer for history (V100)
AAA or AAB if i get an A in my extended project
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: first choice uni so im buzzing
Reply 228
Well done! I also just got an offer for V100 History.
Reply 229
Offfeeerrr!!! Received like 20 minutes ago, AB in Biology and Chemistry in any order, for Plant Sciences!
Original post by ReBee
Offfeeerrr!!! Received like 20 minutes ago, AB in Biology and Chemistry in any order, for Plant Sciences!

You must have really impressed them with your personal statement and application. If i get an offer that easy ill be one happy man! Been made an offer, don`t know what it is yet :/
Reply 231
You must have really impressed them with your personal statement and application. If i get an offer that easy ill be one happy man! Been made an offer, don`t know what it is yet :/

Good luck! What did you apply for?
Reply 232
Has anyone had an offer for Maths or Maths and Computer Science yet?
I've had offers from another Uni, but not Sheffield yet! :/
Reply 233
Original post by jordan-s

Yes, I got one at the weekend :smile: G103 MMath
Reply 234
Original post by jordan-s

I've basically got an offer for Computer Science - they said if I attend an open day/short chat thing they'd give me an offer.
Reply 235
Original post by Taurus05
I haven't heard back from any!! What's your first choice? Sheffield is not my first choice, but of course, it'd be nice to hear from them. Yeah, who knows? Which other unis did you apply to and was is for Spanish and Russian?

Yeah Spanish and ab inito Russian. :smile:

I've applied to Cambridge, Leeds, Durham, Sheffield and Bristol.

How about you?
Reply 236
Username: Faraway_
Course: Urban studies and planning- i got an offer!!
Reply 237
Username: hannahdlc
Course: French and Hispanic studies

Just got an offer about 10 minutes ago, I'm so happy!
Reply 238
Original post by jodrummer
Yeah Spanish and ab inito Russian. :smile:

I've applied to Cambridge, Leeds, Durham, Sheffield and Bristol.

How about you?

Oh wow, that's brilliant. I applied to UCL, Bristol, Sheffield, Sussex and Essex. No offers up till now though :frown: :frown:
Received an offer for Chemical Engineering MEng for AAB :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending