The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

University of Sheffield Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by DarwinsDevotee
Does it? What would it involve if you don't mind my asking?

It has a sort of listening test, i'm told. Shouldn't be too bad and I did listening tests as part of my music GCSE but it still sounds scary :tongue:
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by juliewho
It has a sort of listening test, i'm told. Shouldn't be too bad and I did listening tests as part of my music GCSE but it still sounds scary :tongue:

Ooh sounds fun! I'm sure someone, somewhere on the internet has posted more about it.

Waiting for responses is driving me mad! I think it's worse because I'm expecting a response from sheffield early, even though I only applied last friday! Ugh!
Original post by Biology123
Got my offer, Biology AAB. They replied pretty early, about a week after my reference was finished and application sent off.

Congratulations! Well done.

Did you receive the offer today? Is Sheffield a top choice for you?
So exciting. You are the envy of thousands having such an early response! I may see you there, I applied for Zoology!

Congrats again! I'm checking track constantly like a loser, I checked at 3am this morning! :-)
Reply 44
Got my offer, Biology AAB. They replied pretty early, about a week after my reference was finished and application sent off.

Did you apply for Biology Bsc? :smile:
Reply 45

Wow, congratulations! I applied for Spanish but haven't got anything other than two of the same acknowledgement e-mails...
Reply 46
lfcjamie

Politics.

Should be sending it off soon!
mespannerhanz
BA Geography

sent but nothing yet other than two acknowledgement emails.
Reply 48
hi guys,
i havent been able to visit sheffield univeristy and am wondering how much people would consider it a 'city' university? as ive been told differing things - some people say its all spread out among the city while others says although its in the city most buildings are together creating a 'central' area?? this is quite important to me as i initially thought i wanted a campus univeristy however everyone says how good the nightlife/city is - ahh decisions!!
I didn't really check out the city itself, but I got the impression most of the buildings were within the same area, and the accommodation didn't seem too far away either.
Reply 50
Original post by ZombieYoshi
and the accommodation didn't seem too far away either.

:lolwut:

25-30 minute down-hill walk every morning. You could take the bus, except you can't really if you've got a 9AM lecture since the traffic conditions will make you end up coming late. And don't forget the bus is 50p a pop and thanks to Murphy's Law you'll never have those 50p when you need them.
Original post by avila

25-30 minute down-hill walk every morning. You could take the bus, except you can't really if you've got a 9AM lecture since the traffic conditions will make you end up coming late. And don't forget the bus is 50p a pop and thanks to Murphy's Law you'll never have those 50p when you need them.

I dunno haha, I didn't go on the accommodation tour and perhaps I mixed up some normal houses for student accommodation, although the Opal 1 or whatever it was called didn't seem too far away when we drove past it on the way home...
Reply 52
Original post by avila

Original post by avila

Aren't you a bundle of laughs :|

It's not that bad at all, for me it's a 15-20 minute walk and I live right at the very back of Endcliffe. And you'll find you always have 50ps, and the 123 is a godsend when you have a 10am and you got up at 9.30. The 120 comes every 4 mins, and the 52. It really doesn't feel like your accommodation is that far away from uni :smile: even if you're in Ranmoor (which my best friend is) x
Reply 53
Carinaea
Physics with Astrophysics

I got a really good impression of Sheffield and the physics department there when I went on the open day. :biggrin:
username:hockeyjoe
subject:economics and philosophy
blue_star221
Music

:smile:
Reply 56
Heya, I'm applying to Sheffield for 2012 entry

Username: Roxas
Course: Chinese studies with Business Management

P.S I am so frightened! Sheffield is the only Uni I want to go to, the entry requirements are ABB, and that's what I am predicted :frown: I might do badly and not get in ahhh!
Reply 57
username: moleman3
course: psychology (BSc) :smile:
Reply 58
Politics and International Relations :smile:
Username: heartlesswhore
Course: Theology

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending