The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

University of Sheffield Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EmilieTheGreat
Clearly you have no problems leaving home! :P

Staying here for uni was never ever an option. After living in the same house all my life I'm fed up :tongue:
I'm not too keen on going so far up North, but it's mainly Northern unis that offer what I want, and Sheffield seems like a nice enough city anyway.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by ZombieYoshi
Staying here for uni was never ever an option. After living in the same house all my life I'm fed up :tongue:
I'm not too keen on going so far up North, but it's mainly Northern unis that offer what I want, and Sheffield seems like a nice enough city anyway.

Sheffield's great :smile: Did you come up here for an open day?
Reply 122
Original post by Emgrace
Once a month? Oh god..I am going to hate Uni.

If I got to exeter and he goes to durham I will not be amused! :P

I did get a bit scared when I thought of spending a whole year in USA without him, but then, it's such an amazing opportunity! I don't know what I'll decide when it comes to it.

But as you cant switch on to year abroad courses usually I applied to them anyway :biggrin:

yeah, and you only have to decide properly december time, i think (my memory is a bit rubbish so idk), so yeah :smile:

i'll actually be seeing him twice altogether in october, because it was my birthday last week so he came down to nottingham, and then i'm staying with him next weekend :smile: but after that we've only managed to organise one weekend in november, and neither of us are free in december, because we're both either busy with school/uni things or i'm on holiday + i'm revising for the january exams :frown: but hopefully we'll be okay :smile:
Sheffield's great :smile: Did you come up here for an open day?

Yeah, it's the only one I've visited. The journey by car was absolute torture though D: I'm not sure how I'll manage if I do get in haha
Yeah, it's the only one I've visited. The journey by car was absolute torture though D: I'm not sure how I'll manage if I do get in haha

I'm sure you'll be fine, you'll only have to make the journey a few times a year!
Reply 125
Original post by clairegw
yeah, and you only have to decide properly december time, i think (my memory is a bit rubbish so idk), so yeah :smile:

i'll actually be seeing him twice altogether in october, because it was my birthday last week so he came down to nottingham, and then i'm staying with him next weekend :smile: but after that we've only managed to organise one weekend in november, and neither of us are free in december, because we're both either busy with school/uni things or i'm on holiday + i'm revising for the january exams :frown: but hopefully we'll be okay :smile:

I'm sure you'll be fine. Christmas time is always insanely busy!

Hehe I did the journey from cambridge to newcastle, and back again, in one day :P
Same with sheffield and exeter, which were also quite far. But still, not as far as newcastle. Must have been 6 hours there, 6 hours back. Plus walking around all day. So not fun!
But I couldn't stay overnight as I had work to do :P

And Sheffield will be my insurance I think. It depends whether I get an offer from Oxford. If not it might be my first choice :biggrin:
Original post by Emgrace
I'm sure you'll be fine. Christmas time is always insanely busy!

Hehe I did the journey from cambridge to newcastle, and back again, in one day :P
Same with sheffield and exeter, which were also quite far. But still, not as far as newcastle. Must have been 6 hours there, 6 hours back. Plus walking around all day. So not fun!
But I couldn't stay overnight as I had work to do :P

And Sheffield will be my insurance I think. It depends whether I get an offer from Oxford. If not it might be my first choice :biggrin:

Same here, if Oxford want me I'll go there, if not, Sheffield here I come!
Reply 127
Same here, if Oxford want me I'll go there, if not, Sheffield here I come!

Hehe, 50% chance we'll be meeting next year then, if I definitely pick sheffield as my insurance :biggrin:
My friend got an offer for History and Politics at Uni of Sheffield for AAA about a week ago :smile:
Reply 129
Original post by Maddog Jones
My friend got an offer for History and Politics at Uni of Sheffield for AAA about a week ago :smile:

that's the course my boyfriend is doing :smile: he loves it, apparently it's brilliant (if you want to tell your friend that, lol) :biggrin:
Original post by clairegw
that's the course my boyfriend is doing :smile: he loves it, apparently it's brilliant (if you want to tell your friend that, lol) :biggrin:

Will do :smile:
Username: sophiemassey
Course: Economics
Reply 132
Jstinson
Mech Eng
Reply 133
naomiele
Speech sciences :smile:
No more Sheffield offers?

I keep looking at the degree and it's creeping up my wish list! The year abroad looks amazing too. I had a feeling i was gonna get an offer today but no such luck :frown:
Reply 135
Original post by DarwinsDevotee
No more Sheffield offers?

I keep looking at the degree and it's creeping up my wish list! The year abroad looks amazing too. I had a feeling i was gonna get an offer today but no such luck :frown:

What course you applying for? :smile:
Reply 136
Just got an offer for English Lit! AAA. :smile: Quite exciting to get a first offer i must say.
Original post by Speedy03
Just got an offer for English Lit! AAA. :smile: Quite exciting to get a first offer i must say.

Ditto! :smile:
Reply 138
Original post by Speedy03

oh good lord help me i'm panicking WHERE'S MY OFFER????? :cry:
Original post by Emgrace
What course you applying for? :smile:

Zoology :biggrin:

Sheffield is up there as my 1st/2nd choice.. but I am very pleased to have just received an offer from Bangor! My fifth choice but one I'll certainly be very happy with. Just waiting to hear the conditions. It feels so good getting an offer! :smile::smile::smile:

Well done to those that have also received offers today. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending