The Student Room Group

Why do girls still pretend to like 'nice' guys

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Picaa
It's funny that girls who've never been in a real fight think they can tell who's a pushover and who isn't. Most girls can only judge by appearances and can't sense danger unlike a guy. So they end up falling for some braggart who eventually takes the pretense too far and messes with the wrong guy. So you wanna sleep with tough guys but can you spot them? :cool:

You seem to seriously underestimate females. We're not all idiots.
Reply 41
Original post by Helenia
Quite a few of these examples are married with kids, so obviously not epic fails with women.

This is exactly my point. They are married to ONE woman, and remain faithful. No fun at all.

'players' and 'jerks' avoid marriage because they can sleep with as many different females as they like. This is a much better deal for a man.
Reply 42
Original post by ms1024

Original post by ms1024
You can, because their preferences and instincts are all determined by the same evolutionary process.

Oh man up. Evolution determines broad evolutionarily important traits. It doesn't explain why a girl thinks a flower is pretty or why a song makes you cry. You and your best mate don't both go for the same girl with wide child-bearing hips every time: you have different tastes. So do women.
Original post by Schmucks
And yet, i've still not had it off with Jodie Marsh...
That'll be because she's a loudmouth arse whilst i'm a quiet lad currently listening to Bombay Bicycle Club.

One of my mates was saying how she's a body builder now. Didn't believe him, but you saying that has just reminded me...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2045097/Jodie-Marsh-bodybuilder-Star-shows-amazing-new-look-championships.html
Reply 44
Original post by SWBL
You seem to seriously underestimate females. We're not all idiots.

Actually the OP is dead right, and most of you do go for the bad-boy type. Stallions? When they crash and burn and you get older you try and settle down with a steadier sort of donkey. And the poor donkey has to carry your demands, your well experienced personality and your kids, and live with you and the fact that you've had your fun with many other guys. After all it's the 21st century and you as a woman deserve your fun, right? And it doesn't mean anything that you've been around the block a couple of dozen times. A real man would accept that, and respect it! Hahaha it's all so predictable.
Reply 45
Original post by ms1024
This is exactly my point. They are married to ONE woman, and remain faithful. No fun at all.

'players' and 'jerks' avoid marriage because they can sleep with as many different females as they like. This is a much better deal for a man.

'This is exactly my point' - How is it even the same point you were making in the orignal post? Guys are getting bummed out because they don't get to sleep around and be unfaithfull with lots of different girls and they think it's because they're too nice? I think we have different definitions on what a nice guy is.
Original post by ms1024
Seriously, the cat is out of the bag, your pretense has been blown apart.

We know that you only ever end up sleeping with the 'jerks' and 'players' who aren't interested in listening to your feelings or sending you flowers, only sex. i.e. Russell Brand, Charlie Sheen, Frankie Cocozza, Mark Ronson, Ashley Cole, Ryan Giggs, Mick Jagger, Rod Stewart et al.

Yet most girls on here will tell you that they don't like arrogant boys, and don't like being disrespected or played. Wouldn't it just be better to admit that you aren't able to respect 'nice' guys, and therefore don't find them attractive?

In my own experience, a few years ago when I had a girlfriend, some people started spreading some (false) gossip about me, and when she confronted me about it I told her that she could either believe me or them, either way I didn't care and that she could do what she wanted. Guess what? She came back and dropped the subject.

If I had protested my innocence or pleaded with her, she probably would have only seen me as a doormat and left me instead. This is how girl's minds work.

ER. You clearly don't know how girls' minds work. And let me tell you: you're a guy, and you never will know. I'm a girl and I don't know how most girls' minds work myself.

I definitely don't like "bag guys". They're so f***ing full of themselves, it's ridiculous. I haven't felt attracted to a guy like that even once in my life.

If she didn't leave you, it means she didn't believe the rumours. And it's true that she would have seen you as a doormat and possibly left you if you did otherwise, just because a man has to be able to stand up for himself and not cry like a baby.
Reply 47
Original post by Picaa
Actually the OP is dead right, and most of you do go for the bad-boy type. Stallions? When they crash and burn and you get older you try and settle down with a steadier sort of donkey. And the poor donkey has to carry your demands, your well experienced personality and your kids, and live with you and the fact that you've had your fun with many other guys. After all it's the 21st century and you as a woman deserve your fun, right? And it doesn't mean anything that you've been around the block a couple of dozen times. A real man would accept that, and respect it! Hahaha it's all so predictable.

I'm sure a tiny minority of women would look for such a pushover in a partner, but I highly doubt many women want a 'poor donkey' to carry her demands, nor would 'most' women go for a bad-boy type as a 'first choice'.

You sound ridiculously bitter.
Reply 48
Original post by audacious-ant
ER. You clearly don't
I definitely don't like "bag guys". They're so f***ing full of themselves, it's ridiculous. I haven't felt attracted to a guy like that even once in my life.

This is what you all say, but when actually put in a situation where you have to make the choice, the bad guy always wins.
Reply 49
Original post by ms1024

Well, it's pretty sad that you think that way. If you genuinely think that the only marker of success with women is being able to have sex with lots and lots of them, then you're probably right, you should probably not be a nice guy in the traditional sense. You do, however, need to be confident and exciting. But you need to be good at that, otherwise you'll just come across as a desperate creep.

If you do want a proper relationship then I'd stick with being "nice."
Reply 50
Original post by audacious-ant
ER. You clearly don't know how girls' minds work. And let me tell you: you're a guy, and you never will know.

Oh sure, who can fathom the mysteries of God?
Basic sexual psychology isn't rocket science.

Your female brain is wired so that you find powerful men attractive. However the libidinous part of your brain can't distinguish between real de facto power and some low-class chimp showing off because it's been slower to evolve than the frontal lobes.

No offense but this isn't aimed at you personally. It's the human race that's like that. Nothing is fair in this world and very little is rational.
Original post by Picaa

I most certainly do not envy you your mindset. what made you so bitter?
Reply 52
Original post by SWBL
I'm sure a tiny minority of women would look for such a pushover in a partner, but I highly doubt many women want a 'poor donkey' to carry her demands, nor would 'most' women go for a bad-boy type as a 'first choice'.

I meant 'poor donkey' as 'pitiable donkey'. It will be a rich donkey, or at least comfortably well-off.

You sound ridiculously bitter.

That's better. Betray yourself and how you see the world. Losers and winners eh, and I'm not a bad-boy. :smile: I respect you when you speak the truth and not try to be something you're not. Face it you're an upright primate animal not the Virgin Mary.
Reply 53
Original post by AnonymusSister
I most certainly do not envy you your mindset. what made you so bitter?

A man would see my comments as the harsh truth. A woman would just say I was being bitter because women divide men into the sexually successful (meaning 'promiscuous') and the sexually unsuccessful (meaning not many notches on the belt). Actually realism and truth are my strengths. What you call bitterness gives me a tremendous force. That is actually male energy.
Reply 54
Original post by Picaa

Your female brain is wired so that you find powerful men attractive. However the libidinous part of your brain can't distinguish between real de facto power and some low-class chimp showing off because it's been slower to evolve than the frontal lobes.

No offense but this isn't aimed at you personally. It's the human race that's like that. Nothing is fair in this world and very little is rational.

You're assuming that when a girl says she wants a guy who isn't a pushover that she wants a guy who is physically strong. Taking things a bit literally.

But i'm sure your A level in psychology or the years of experience you've had (or haven't had) with girls at uni makes you an expert in these matters.
Reply 55
Original post by Alenda
You're assuming that when a girl says she wants a guy who isn't a pushover that she wants a guy who is physically strong. Taking things a bit literally.

But i'm sure your A level in psychology or the years of experience you've had (or haven't had) with girls at uni makes you an expert in these matters.

Carry on. Your veil of being a 'nice girl' is most certainly on the ground now. I am nothing, I am a loser, I haven't shagged many, I don't know anything about psychology, etc. according to you. Which just proves to everyone how much the truth stings you. I'm right - you know it and I know it. :smile: Hurts does it?
Reply 56
Original post by Picaa
I meant 'poor donkey' as 'pitiable donkey'. It will be a rich donkey, or at least comfortably well-off.

That's better. Betray yourself and how you see the world. Losers and winners eh, and I'm not a bad-boy. :smile: I respect you when you speak the truth and not try to be something you're not. Face it you're an upright primate animal not the Virgin Mary.

I think you're aware that I knew what you meant.

You just have a huge chip in your shoulder. Do you really think any women are going to be attracted to you with the attitude you have? And I never claimed to be the 'Virgin Mary' yet I am not a 'primate animal' either - why do you think people have to be one extreme or another?
Reply 57
Original post by ms1024

Firstly, how do you know they remain faithful? Everyone thought Mark Owen was a 'nice guy' until they found out he'd been cheating on his wife right from the start. Same with Ryan Giggs. If you define 'bad' guys as those who sleep around and 'nice' guys as those who settle down, of course you'll find 'bad' guys sleep around more. It's circular. But if you think number of partners defines success with women, then the chav who sleeps with loads of ugly slags is successful and the famous guy in a relationship with the supermodel isn't.

But more importantly, what is a better deal for the man depends on the man. Of course 'bad' guys sleep around more and are less likely to remain faithful, it's part of what makes them bad guys! I'm sure you'll find a lot more 'nice' guys who are happy being married than 'bad' guys. They each do better in the way they define success with women.

Moreover, women tend to go for different types of men for different things. If a girl wants to sleep around, she's going to look for more immediately-attractive qualities - confidence, looks, etc. - whereas if she's looking to settle down a guy who treats her well and she enjoys spending time with become more important than they would be for a ONS. Plus 'nice' guys are more likely to make better friends, giving girls more of an incentive not to gave casual sex with them as it makes friendships harder. So naturally, 'bad' guys tend to sleep around more whereas 'nice' guys tend to have more success in long-term relationships. And most girls I know are pretty honest about this. They don't pretend to like 'nice' guys, they do, they just don't want to have casual sex with them.

What you're confusing is 'what girls like' with 'qualities guys have who get laid a lot'. When girls say 'like' in this sense, they tend to mean qualities they'd want in a boyfriend. However the qualities they'd want in a causal sex partner are often very different. Most nice guys I know have few issues getting a girlfriend, whereas a lot of 'bad' guys I know get seen as players and girls don't want anything serious with them. However when it comes to scoring in a club, it's pretty clear it's the other way around.

Your example is silly, by saying you could believe you or them, you did plead your innocence. If you'd crumbled into a mess and broken down crying about how you couldn't cope without her, sure, she may have dumped you, but that's not being a nice guy, that is being a doormat. For a better definition of nice/bad, if those rumours had been true, I imagine she may have ended it if she found out the truth and that you'd lied, however confident you were. By virtue of them not being true, you showed you were 'nice' and she stayed. What you did wasn't arrogant or disrespectful, it wasn't a 'bad' guy thing, and if it had been, you may not have been so successful.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Picaa

Hahaha you guys judge too quickly. I mean, honestly, I love men. As in, apart from the opposite-sex attraction, I find men to be so much more fun to hang around with and to discuss both serious and ridiculous subjects with. And I find most women stupid - but when I say that, I talk about your stereotypical girl who grows up painting her nails pink and wearing pretty dresses. Probably those are the girls you're talking about here.

But some men are just idiots. And i have the funny feeling you're one of them.

You should realize that you're only mentioning this type of girls, but not others. There's girls who like tough guys, but there's also girls who like soft guys (they like to be the boss in the relationship - and there's actually LOADS of them around). <-- In fact, you'll most likely end up married to one of those, believe me.

There's girls who want marriage and children very early and there's girls who want to get on with their career and think about relationships later. There's girls who want to date the best guy and make all their friends jealous, there's girls who just want to cuddle, and there's girls who're in it for nothing but the sex.

I, for example, don't have much of a similar way of thinking your typical woman. And I can honestly tell you I haven't fallen for a bad guy once in my life. In fact, I'm one of those girls who prefers softer guys, by far (but not cry-babies).
Reply 59
Original post by SWBL
I think you're aware that I knew what you meant.

You just have a huge chip in your shoulder. Do you really think any women are going to be attracted to you with the attitude you have? And I never claimed to be the 'Virgin Mary' yet I am not a 'primate animal' either - why do you think people have to be one extreme or another?

You think I have to make myself come across as different to be attractive to women? You think I'm out there just trying to attract any woman at all? You're obviously very deluded. All I have to do to 'attract' a woman is be in a position of power over her. If she needs something from me and I have the power to give it, she's basically mine. That's how it works, with men. It's YOU WOMEN who have to look good and pretend to be nice, to attract us men. Don't make any mistake about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending