The Student Room Group

Why do girls still pretend to like 'nice' guys

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by The_Jammy_Witch
Girls do like nice guys. But we are attracted to strong guys - those who can demonstrate some sort of status or whoop-ass-ness. It's not enough to be nice, you must also (or at least) be strong.

I wish that men could make the same demands of women that you do of us.

When was the last time a woman did anything which impressed me? I shouldn't have to prove myself either.
Reply 81
Original post by The_Jammy_Witch
Girls do like nice guys. But we are attracted to strong guys - those who can demonstrate some sort of status or whoop-ass-ness. It's not enough to be nice, you must also (or at least) be strong.

So many many so-called 'nice' guys aren't actually nice in any virtuous sense anyway; they just coast along being insecure until they get rejected/ignored enough times that they become all bitter and frustrated at the world and at girls and then start to see the female race as the enemy.

At which point they post on TSR, not realising that none of this gender war (and the same goes for all the man-hating threads on here) isn't actually doing anyone any good. Treat people as individuals. The world ain't gonna change for you.

Hmm.. don't go putting ideas into my head. :wink:

Seriously though, I love mixed mens-womens kickboxing. I want to see much more of this in the future. The man, if he wins, really wins!! No holds barred etc.
Original post by ms1024
I wish that men could make the same demands of women that you do of us.

When was the last time a woman did anything which impressed me?

I shouldn't have to prove myself either.

Why did you **** her then ??
Reply 83
Original post by audacious-ant
ER. You clearly don't know how girls' minds work. And let me tell you: you're a guy, and you never will know. I'm a girl and I don't know how most girls' minds work myself.

I definitely don't like "bag guys". They're so f***ing full of themselves, it's ridiculous. I haven't felt attracted to a guy like that even once in my life.
If she didn't leave you, it means she didn't believe the rumours. And it's true that she would have seen you as a doormat and possibly left you if you did otherwise, just because a man has to be able to stand up for himself and not cry like a baby.

Keep telling yourself this, keep telling yourself, and the minute some fly/rich/charming guy pops up and takes some interest in you what you just said will just fly out of the window
Original post by ms1024
Russell Brand, Charlie Sheen, Frankie Cocozza, Mark Ronson, Ashley Cole, Ryan Giggs, Mick Jagger, Rod Stewart et al.

i have to say that none of those guys appeal to me, in looks or personality

see my sig for who does appeal for me
Reply 85
Original post by AnonymusSister
Why did you **** her then ??

She got dressed in a tight leotard and won a gladiatoral fight in a mudwrestling arena with a bitter, insecure weak girl who was thereafter condemned to a life of bitterness and man-hating. As the winner was the winner he did his duty as a man and then went ahead and shagged her. WINNING ... DUH
Nice guys are beta males.

Sorry, but human evolution made confident guys supreme. It is as it is, people should get over it.
Reply 87
Original post by ArcticRed
Keep telling yourself this, keep telling yourself, and the minute some fly/rich/charming guy pops up and takes some interest in you what you just said will just fly out of the window

fly/rich/charming =/= bad :lolwut:
Reply 88
I am dating the nicest guy that I have ever met. I love that he listens to me and that he is so thoughtful.
Reply 89
Original post by Helenia
fly/rich/charming =/= bad :lolwut:

fly/rich/charming = smooth talking liar/criminal/cheat/social engineer

You know, at least Picca shows some wit and a certain energy when he argues his opinion. As much as I dislike people throwing offensive comments at others, you' are definitely nothing but a useless douche.

And hey, I don't imagine you're that "fly/rich/guy" I'd fly out the window for?
Reply 91
Original post by marcus ramnanan
Nice guys are beta males.

Sorry, but human evolution made confident guys supreme. It is as it is, people should get over it.

The alpha males/beta males thing is pure bull****. Being confident is no indication you can kick ass and it's not in your blood. It's just an attitude you have chosen to take in a particular social environment. In other social environments you're a timid mouse. But a hero in front of the ladies... LOL. As for evolution, all of us are the offspring of 'supreme' winners so that argument doesn't work. No, what we're dealing with is just a social and cultural phenomenon. Evolution didn't pick that ridiculous hairstyle or your baggy pants.
Original post by Picaa
fly/rich/charming = smooth talking liar/criminal/cheat/social engineer

Not necessarily criminal. And not necessarily social engineer or cheat. Maybe just spoilt idiot who thinks he can buy himself anything in life with his money and his charming smile, which I personally don't buy. I don't even classify those smiles as charming.
Original post by Picaa
The alpha males/beta males thing is pure bull****. Being confident is no indication you can kick ass and it's not in your blood. It's just an attitude you have chosen to take in a particular social environment. In other social environments you're a timid mouse. But a hero in front of the ladies... LOL. As for evolution, all of us are the offspring of 'supreme' winners so that argument doesn't work. No, what we're dealing with is just a social and cultural phenomenon. Evolution didn't pick that ridiculous hairstyle or your baggy pants.

So says guys who lack confidence.

The nice guy/bad boy thing is not just arbitrarily made up. It's how women innately respond to men.
Reply 94
Original post by Anonymous
The Premiership footballers who have loads of money and no sense do it all the time and it's well publicised. Wayne Rooney, Ashley Cole, John Terry, David Beckham, Peter Crouch, Franck Ribery, Carlos Tevez, Frank Lampard, Stan Collymore, Jermaine Defoe, Joe Cole, Teddy Sheringham, Dwight York -- just off the top of my head, all have been accused of cheating on their wives/girlfriends. It's a vastly well known fact footballers do it all the time.

That'd be true if you could name even a percent of professional players in European football, past and present. Fact is though, you can't. There'll be hundreds of thousands of players who are professionals throughout europe. You named 14, and those aren't even confirmed. Just accused. Wow, star name accused of doing something bad which will sell headlines. Shocking, eh? The actual fact of the matter is out of those accused, the majority are proven innocent and the media source coming out with the story has to follow up with a grovelling apology. Another fact to throw in is that those accused of an affair can't even cover 1% of the proportion of professional footballers in europe.

Now, with less than 1% of this profession cheating/having affairs, tell me how that's different to actors, singers, any other famous profession or, for that matter, any normal job that common people settle into?
Reply 95
You know, at least Picca shows some wit and a certain energy when he argues his opinion. As much as I dislike people throwing offensive comments at others, you' are definitely nothing but a useless douche.

And hey, I don't imagine you're that "fly/rich/guy" I'd fly out the window for?

It isnt considered polite to insult people over the internet and i bet you do it because you are insecure about yourself in your body/personality or something. Insulting people isnt going to help them see your point of view. you really need a more open mind and not be so quick to jump on people. all i was doing was pointing out that girls prefer a certain kind of boy and are more attracted to that kind.

**** me, Are you drunk or something or have you never kissed a boy? Because you my dear lady are clearly talking out of your hoop

Point out anything offensive i said in my post, all i said was that if a person with certain charm came along that she will fall for them. and what part of that got to you? are you telling me you girl will always go for the nice, safe type of guys?
Most girls i know and most girls i see around ALWAYS go for the swave, smooth talking, charming, rich flashy guy.

Does it not strike you as being a little odd that you see NO, nice guy, strutting around like hes cock of the city with 2 girls on each arm?

What have you been smoking?

Useless douche? **** me thats a bit harsh, there are many wonderful, smart people in the world and i have not claimed to be one of them. what have you achieved in life?.... inbred c*nts like you cant even start to pretend.....

And no im not fly or rich, so what, i will want to be rich and have lots of ladies but i gotta work for that

Its not even worth arguing with you....
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Picaa

A hero in front of the ladies isn't a badass dude with shades, a fat pocket and a lying smile.

I think the kind of male you're trying to tell us about here is the typical bully. And maybe if you knew psychology well enough, you'd also know that bullies tend to be the victims on the inside. They just don't know how else to protect themselves. Poor things.
Reply 97
Original post by marcus ramnanan
So says guys who lack confidence.

The nice guy/bad boy thing is not just arbitrarily made up. It's how women innately respond to men.

If you'd bothered to read my posts you would see that's what I've been saying all along. The difference between your argument and mine is that you're saying it's in the genes and some people are naturally this way and others are different, I'm saying it's a deliberate projection, an act, a front. Some guys see the effectiveness of the bad-boy approach and modify their behaviour to take advantage of it. As for which reproductive strategy is more effective, that's a moot point. In our societies having many children can be a good strategy, or on the other hand having fewer children but bringing them up well in a proper educational environment can result in the bad boy types being wiped out over the longer term. The evolutionary battle isn't lost or won it's perpetual.
Reply 98
Not necessarily criminal. And not necessarily social engineer or cheat. Maybe just spoilt idiot who thinks he can buy himself anything in life with his money and his charming smile, which I personally don't buy. I don't even classify those smiles as charming.

Or maybe, actually, just rich and charming? Neither of these are negative traits, especially if the wealth is their own rather than mummy and daddy's.

Of course, plenty of rich and charming guys are only too aware of this and can use it to be manipulative, get loads of women and then screw them over and cheat, but women don't go for them because of that. They go for them because they are confident and charming (and probably being rich helps).

Picaa

I think I actually agree with this.
It isnt considered polite to insult people over the internet and i bet you do it because you are insecure about yourself in your body/personality or something. Insulting people isnt going to help them see your point of view

**** me, Are you drunk or something or have you never kissed a boy?

Point out anything offensive i said in my post, all i said was that if a person with certain charm came along that she will fall for them. and what part of that got to you? are you telling me you girl will always go for the nice, safe type of guys?
Most girls i know and most girls i see online ALWAYS go for the swave, smooth talking, charming, rich flashy guy.

Useless douche? **** me thats a bit harsh, what have you achieved in life?.... inbred c*nts like you cant even start to pretend.....

And no im not fly or rich, so what, i will want to be rich and have lots of ladies but i gotta work for that

Its not even worth arguing with you....

I will point it out - you offended me through your prejudice of females and of me as an individual amongst them. You have offended my gender by stating that women are all the same. Yes, I find that insulting.

And you should learn to argue your points without swearing so much. It's very immature, unprofessional, and definitely doesn't prove your point.

Swave, smooth, talking, charming, rich flashy guy is last year, my dear. You might have noticed that if you'd actually got up from your chair you've been ****ing in for the past few years of your life and looked out of the window. It's boring. Only dumbass girls looking for a rich c*ck will go looking for a guy like that.

And what would you like me to achieve in order to be worth your time?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending