The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Aberdeen Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Made Aberdeen my insurance, but it's where my heart is, so we'll see if I can manage to miss my firm :wink:
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Reply 561
I think I'm going to firm Aberdeen soon for English :biggrin:

Although the condition is pretty high (B at AdvH English plus AB at two highers)

Hope that I can make it! :smile:
Original post by Lewis_Mac
I think I'm going to firm Aberdeen soon for English :biggrin:

Although the condition is pretty high (B at AdvH English plus AB at two highers)

Hope that I can make it! :smile:

Good luck! I hope to see you there :smile:
Reply 563
Original post by starxriddled
Congratulations to you too!
Yess I am. It's a 12 hour plus journey... But I want to make sure that I feel comfortable there. I had an awful feeling at Nottingham uni that made me KNOW I couldn't spend a day let alone 3 years there... I don't want to end up somewhere like that.
Where are you from? Sorry for being nosey.

Hey, sorry for the late answer. :smile: I'm from Bulgaria. By the way, how was at Aberdeen? Did you like the city and the university?
I think I'm going to make Aberdeen my firm, but I'm having second thoughts (sort of). I did way better than expected in my Literature exam (Got an A*) and my teachers want me to take a year out and re-aply for better uni's next year. Tbh I really liked Aberdeen Uni and liked the city too but I'm still not sure. Any advice?:colondollar:
Original post by Aqua_ellen
I think I'm going to make Aberdeen my firm, but I'm having second thoughts (sort of). I did way better than expected in my Literature exam (Got an A*) and my teachers want me to take a year out and re-aply for better uni's next year. Tbh I really liked Aberdeen Uni and liked the city too but I'm still not sure. Any advice?:colondollar:

I would firm Aberdeen. If it turns out you have better grades then expected in August, they do take a gap year and reapply if there are other universities you want to go to. I wouldn't take a gap year for definite right now, as you don't know how your results will go in August as they could (hopefully not though!) go bad. So basically, just wait until August to make a decision, as if you firm a university it doesn't mean you are 100% going if you get the grades. Hope that is of some use :biggrin:
unconditional from aberdeen :biggrin:
first choice so almost definitely will be firming, literally so happy right now having had 4 medicine rejections last year!
Original post by atomos
unconditional from aberdeen :biggrin:
first choice so almost definitely will be firming, literally so happy right now having had 4 medicine rejections last year!

You must be over the moon! Congratulations on getting into such a competitive course and not giving up :biggrin:
Original post by Iliana
Hey, sorry for the late answer. :smile: I'm from Bulgaria. By the way, how was at Aberdeen? Did you like the city and the university?

One of my best friends is Bulgarian :smile: He's trying to teach me some words and stuff...

I absolutely loved it. It's got a real small and friendly feel even if it is quite big, the university felt like it's own little village. IT seemed really lovely up there.

I don't know about you course, but I love the fact there seems to be a lot of flexibility within mine, which is always a plus.
Original post by Charlesworth
You must be over the moon! Congratulations on getting into such a competitive course and not giving up :biggrin:

literally never been so happy/relieved in my life!
thank you :biggrin:
Reply 570
One of my best friends is Bulgarian :smile: He's trying to teach me some words and stuff...

I absolutely loved it. It's got a real small and friendly feel even if it is quite big, the university felt like it's own little village. IT seemed really lovely up there.

I don't know about you course, but I love the fact there seems to be a lot of flexibility within mine, which is always a plus.

Thanks for the answer. As much as I know about my course it's quite flexible too.
I'm still sorry that I didn't manage to visit Aberdeen too. But it seems like a lovely, ancient city.
By the way, have you decided where you'd like to study?
Original post by Iliana
Thanks for the answer. As much as I know about my course it's quite flexible too.
I'm still sorry that I didn't manage to visit Aberdeen too. But it seems like a lovely, ancient city.
By the way, have you decided where you'd like to study?

I really loved the city :smile:

And Aberdeen is my insurance due to it having lower grades, but it's where I'd rather end up. Did you apply to any other UK universities?
Unconditional offer for Management Studies!!! Yaaaaayyy!!!! :nutcase:
Reply 573
I got a conditional offer for "Film and Visual Culture and Hispanic Studies". I am really happy, but also very nervous about getting a good grade on my Baccalaureate and also on my IELTS test. Is there anybody else that applied for the same course?
Anyone from England and is studying Law? :P
Original post by Andriux
I got a conditional offer for "Film and Visual Culture and Hispanic Studies". I am really happy, but also very nervous about getting a good grade on my Baccalaureate and also on my IELTS test. Is there anybody else that applied for the same course?

Mine is for English and Hispanic Studies :smile: it is my insurance, so part of our course may be the same.
Reply 576
Mine is for English and Hispanic Studies :smile: it is my insurance, so part of our course may be the same.

That's nice. About Hispanic Studies, didn't you have -when you applied- two versions of the same Programme? I found one for 4 years, and the other one for 5 years. But i don't know what's the difference, and on the website there's no informations about that. I mean, from what I know, the last year is a study abroad (in a hispanic country) year, but I think this applies to every "Hispanic Studies" Programme. Am I wrong? I applied for both of them, but I'm still wondering which should I reply to as firm.
Reply 577
Original post by Andriux

Hi, congratulations. I've got an offer for the exact same course. It's my firm choice. Don't worry about IELTS - all you need is more practice and you'll pass it. You already have the necessary motivation, so good luck :smile:.
Reply 578
I really loved the city :smile:

And Aberdeen is my insurance due to it having lower grades, but it's where I'd rather end up. Did you apply to any other UK universities?

Yes, I've applied to four more UK universities. My Insurance choice is Aberystwyth - I don't know about its reputation, but I liked my course and the town. But I knew, it wasn't my place though.
Anyway, I've got conditional offers from all the universities I've applied to.
I kind of had to choose if I wanted to study in the UK or in Italy, but I was sure that UK was my place. :smile:
Original post by Iliana
Yes, I've applied to four more UK universities. My Insurance choice is Aberystwyth - I don't know about its reputation, but I liked my course and the town. But I knew, it wasn't my place though.
Anyway, I've got conditional offers from all the universities I've applied to.
I kind of had to choose if I wanted to study in the UK or in Italy, but I was sure that UK was my place. :smile:

I've never been to Italy, but I think I'd be too distracted by how beautiful some of it is to study!

Aberystwyth has an alright reputation I suppose, it's not one of the best, but definitely not one of the worst I'd say, and it is a lovely place!

Where else did you apply to?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending