The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Aberdeen Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

I still don't have acknowledgement letter...
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Reply 161
Original post by cgraham15
what grades did everyone else have who got unconditionals for law?

I got AAAB...

I have AABBB :smile: but when you put that in the context of 4 highers then i have the same as you :tongue:

is aberdeen your first choice ? if it is then i will probably see you there! ha
Original post by kirsti
I have AABBB :smile: but when you put that in the context of 4 highers then i have the same as you :tongue:

is aberdeen your first choice ? if it is then i will probably see you there! ha

I don't know I think I'll probably go for Aberdeen :-) do you have an acknowledgement letter yet?
Reply 163
I don't know I think I'll probably go for Aberdeen :-) do you have an acknowledgement letter yet?

cool! :smile: + yeah , i got one about a week after i sent my UCAS off, but ive lost it now. i wouldn't worry too much if you havent got one yet
Reply 164
Hi
I am currently an IB student who applied for law in University of Aberdeen. I noticed that a few people received unconditional offers for law already (great job!). I am just wondering, have you applied with your predicted grades or have you already finished the exams?
Thank you
Hi, I'm Tansy and I have applied for English and Hispanic Studies.

I haven't yet received an offer, but I'm predicted AABB at A Level.

I'm from Kent, and haven't yet visited the uni, or Aberdeen as I don't fly, and the train will be 13+ hours... So I was wondering if you could give me a brief description!

Hope to get to know some of you :smile:
Reply 166
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
That is a pretty broad question :tongue: A lot depends on what you are like as a person. If you make lots of friends and enjoy going out then I'm sure you will have an excellent social life...if you aren't then you might not.

Both Aberdeen and RGU have an extensive variety of societies and sports teams for people who want to meet others of a similar interest, or try something new :smile:

The night life is good, lots of student nights etc with many quirky and quieter places for those of you who aren't big club goers.

Hehe thanks

And you answered that well thank you.
Original post by starxriddled

I'm from Kent, and haven't yet visited the uni, or Aberdeen as I don't fly, and the train will be 13+ hours... So I was wondering if you could give me a brief description!

Heya, it's funny because I'm from Kent as well and I'm also predicted AABB, however I want to study Philosophy.
I have to admit I haven't visited the uni either, for mostly the same reasons, however I did live in Aberdeen when I was younger. So as for the city, it's a really nice place, lots of shops and has a city feel without feeling overwhelmingly big either. The public transport is good as well, lots of buses running.
As for the actual uni or nightlife I cannot really say.
I still don't have acknowledgement letter...

Same with me and I sent mine over a month ago now.:confused:

Aberdeen is an amazing place to live! It acts as the regional centre for the area so there is lots of shops, cinemas, places to eat etc. for the size of the city. The music scene is pretty good too and theres plenty of clubs and bars. The people are pretty friendly too (naturally being Scots :biggrin:)

The weather is a bitty **** though :/ unless you like it dreech?

The uni is amazing too! You'll love it :biggrin:.
Original post by daviddd!1994
Aberdeen is an amazing place to live! It acts as the regional centre for the area so there is lots of shops, cinemas, places to eat etc. for the size of the city. The music scene is pretty good too and theres plenty of clubs and bars. The people are pretty friendly too (naturally being Scots :biggrin:)

The weather is a bitty **** though :/ unless you like it dreech?

The uni is amazing too! You'll love it :biggrin:.

Glad to hear everyone's friendly!
You'll have to explain dreech though?
Looks like I might need a phrase book!
Glad to hear everyone's friendly!
You'll have to explain dreech though?
Looks like I might need a phrase book!

Yeah :L the dialect is hard to get around. Dreech means wet and miserable, I didn't realise it was a Doric word. :biggrin:
Original post by daviddd!1994
Yeah :L the dialect is hard to get around. Dreech means wet and miserable, I didn't realise it was a Doric word. :biggrin:

I'm sure I'll get used to it!
And I can cope with the wet :biggrin:
Reply 173
I'm sure I'll get used to it!
And I can cope with the wet :biggrin:

Me too. There must be a sunny day once in awhile for sure so I'll manage :biggrin:
Original post by cncll
Me too. There must be a sunny day once in awhile for sure so I'll manage :biggrin:

Most definitely :smile:
Reply 175

The weather can be varied but its really nice here and lots of things to do with many places to shop!
Its a long distance but you should definitely see it when you get an offer.
Have you applied to any other Scottish unis?
Original post by Bob152
The weather can be varied but its really nice here and lots of things to do with many places to shop!
Its a long distance but you should definitely see it when you get an offer.
Have you applied to any other Scottish unis?

It only seems to be getting good reviews :smile: don't suppose you'd know if there's an ice rink?

I'd love to go and visit, so I'll be hoping for that offer.

Nope, my other uni's are all in England, although still pretty far from home.
Reply 177
It only seems to be getting good reviews :smile: don't suppose you'd know if there's an ice rink?

There is an ice rink, it recently got re-furbished. I haven't seen the new facilities yet/.
Reply 178

Yeah there is Lynx arena where my friends go from time to time!
Some unis were quite a distance away for me as well, even meant driving down to Lancaster!
Original post by Alt__x
There is an ice rink, it recently got re-furbished. I haven't seen the new facilities yet/.

Ahhh now I am happy times, will definitely have to check that out if I go to an open day!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending