The Student Room Group
Reply 1
As soon as you pass you are legal, even if this is the day of your 17th birthday!
Reply 2
You can learn to drive from 17. So if you were to pass your test (and therefore can legally drive) before your 18th birthday that is fine. If you havn't passed your test you can only drive if someone over 21, who has held a full licence for 3 years or more is in the car with you (and you are insured in that car and have L plates on!)

I would assume then that your friend has passed his test, hence why he is driving on his own.
Reply 3
Right so I'm 17, so does that mean that as soon as I pass my driving test, I can drive on myself??

EDIT: Just read your post cathie86...thanks for clearing it up! :biggrin:
Reply 4
Yep! :biggrin:
Reply 5
if you pass before you're 18, you can drive without supervision - just dont get confused with provisionals where you need someone with at least 3 years experience with you
Reply 6
donvito
Right so I'm 17, so does that mean that as soon as I pass my driving test, I can drive on myself??

EDIT: Just read your post cathie86...thanks for clearing it up! :biggrin:

Yes you can. I am 17 and i have been driving for 3 months now. :smile:
Of course you can drive once you have passed your test at 17 :rolleyes:
Reply 8
I hope I pass before I'm 18
yea course u can. im 17 and have been driving on my own since october the 27th!

as soon as u pass your test u can. if ya havent the perosbn has 2 b over 18 whos with u at least with the 3 years drivign experience (i.e. they passed 3 years ago)
Reply 10
uhh....hafz- over 21 with 3 years driving experience....
Hehe it's always funny when I see threads in here like this, because in the ACT where I live for uni you're allowed to go for your lisence at 15 and nine months. :smile:

But anyway best of luck with the driving :biggrin:
Reply 12
Just out of curiosity, are there less accidents related to teenage driving in the UK than there are in the US? I got my license when I turned 16 and I haven't crashed into anything yet, but there always seems to be some accident between students at my school. It amuses all of us (except of course, those involved). :wink:
I'm 17 and driving, it's great! Not for much longer though, as I'll be 18 next month!
Reply 14
lil_lee
I'm 17 and driving, it's great! Not for much longer though, as I'll be 18 next month!

I love driving :biggrin: but I'll only be driving for one more day as a 17 yr old :frown: BUT I'll then be 18 which will be kl :biggrin:

Brrrrrrrrrrruuuuuuuummmmm........:vroam:
To update everything, if your 17 you can drive a car own your own, BUT you must have passed the driving test.
So anyone driving who are not 17 be carefull, if the fuzz catch you, you in for it.And right to. Pass the test your feel so great, don't kiss the tester gals they may not like it (kiss me inplace)......................
Reply 16
u'd have to be an idiot to drive around without a license when its so easy to get one! and why wuld anyone want to kiss the tester person...they are all (mostly) ancient.

Latest

Trending

Trending